Tuesday, December 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, December 31

Good morning Rounders! It's the last day of this month and the last day of this year! Let's celebrate another year shared together.

Nothing planned for today. I'll be back later. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning Karlinann and those to follow. Happy New Years Eve! I may be a day early but I am going to turn over my new leaf today and that is why I am up so early....that and the fact that I am walking over laundry that is falling off the mound. For some reason this morning I am up and ready to start the day. I see that one tote was brought up this morning so I have a start with the tree...laundry is a given and the kitchen floor could double as a fly paper. The kitchen table is full and most of it is mine. Seems I have taken a Christmas vacation and never left my house, chair, the front of the tv. It was nice but the food has all been eaten...cookies are gone and we never did get any candy because of my son being diabetic. I don't know why I have to suffer because I am not diabetic but there was no candy! Today is the day I come back to life and rejoin the world by cleaning my little portion of it. A New Year resolution I could very possible break before it is even new year but it is do the work or hire a maid. Credit cards have been paid so that is not leaving much to pay a maid.

Yesterday was a nice time with my siblings. Jon and I went out and had a nice lunch earlier...payment for taking me. My youngest brother had an envelope of pictures for each of us. OMG! What was with mother's and bad perms? I should be scarred and just maybe that could be how far back we trace my being antisocial. We had fun looking at them and making fun of each other. How come my sister never had one of those bad perms? Like, thanks mom! We left early because Jon worked today but he did stop for me to pick up a house warming gift for next weekend. In fact he was very nice and cooperative yesterday so now I am thinking I should sleep with an eye open...ya know?

We had just gotten on the 5 lane interstate in Missouri last night when we had to serve to miss a dead deer in the center of the road. Thank goodness traffic was light. Several cars were on the road side so they must be who hit it. It was a scary second or two and I am glad I was not driving. For a deer to be in the middle of city traffic is just unbelievable. They were going to have to close the interstate to remove it.

Well, I had better start my day before I have second thoughts of cleaning this joint. It is still dark out which seems like a strange time to start working, right? Maybe another cup of coffee. No partying around here tonight...son is working tomorrow so I am pretty sure he will stay in. Blues play tonight so I have a party plan for myself..dress code: jammies!

Have a wonderful day everyone. See you next year unless I come back for a coffee break later.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie I was wondering where all the mounds of dirty laundry came from also...wow can't remember the last time I was caught up...all cookies and goodies are gone, either eaten, given away or thrown in trash...That was pretty scary with the deer in the road, your right could have been much worse with more traffic...Funny about Jon picking up the housewarming gift...well my party tonight will also be in pj's, shrimp and a margarita...Happy New Year, hire the maid..

Oh, a dead deer on the highway. Maxie, I'm so glad you two are safe and so glad you both were able to get around it. Whew!

Yesterday I washed all the bags that we use to shop at Aldi's. We have a bunch and they were getting soiled. We got 4 of them from the Aldi's grand opening, 4 from the Walmart Food store that opened about 4 or 5 yrs ago, and one from our car dealership. I took the pads inside the bottoms out and made some new ones for 4 of them. I traced them onto cereal boxes and cut them out and covered them with contact paper. I used up all of my contact paper, so next thrift shopping day I will look for more. The bags look really good now and CLEAN.

We are going out to lunch at our fav pizza/Italian place. It's cold here, only 50 degrees, and I've got on shorts and a tee with a hoodie. What did we ever do before Hoodies?

Maxie, get you some candy and hide it like you did last year! Don't suffer, life is too short.

Hi Aunt Maye. Bless your heart! Hey Paula, don't lose too much weight. The March wind will blow you away!!!!!

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      haha, to ever blowin me away! but thanks for the mention!

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not a hoodie wearer but do like shorts and tunics..

Good morning everyone.

Like Maxie, it's laundry day. AND Karli, I don't want anything with a hoodie on it. I never wear anything on my head. Caps and things will give me a headache. Even heavy coats around my neck give me a headache. AND I don't get a headache just on "common" terms. If I get one, then there is something wrong.

Got my house all cleaned after the Christmas glitter. Did all the floors Saturday, and then did the dusting of furniture yesterday before running the streets with my SIL. To just be going to the grocery store, we didn't get home until 6:45 p. The most of the time was spent at Sam's Club then we went to eat before going to Krogers.

We went to a new restaurant called Portilla's. We both had an Italian beef, and it was so big and good. I'll have my other half for lunch today.

Hope all have a safe and happy New Year's eve. If you take of "THE SPIRITS", stay home or have a designated driver. We really can't afford to loose any more members of our Cyber family.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      I made italian beef for Christmas Eve everyone loved it with provolone cheese on it..I am hoping to get up enough energy to give my house a good cleaning...seems something always comes along and changes my plans (hubby) So glad you had a good Christmas with family, you deserve it for being such a good person to all of them...I will be staying home and my 'spirits' will be lifted...

Good Morning! Dreary & cold here. Even a few flakes floating down.

Yesterday was good. It was a slow day. Took me almost the whole morning to bake & decorate an almond torte that was ordered. I didn't like the first cake, so I baked a second one. My Mom was pretty impressed. I made sure the cake plate wasn't Christmassy and I sprinkled some birthday looking sprinkles.

Kathy text around lunchtime asking if we could take Blaise a day early. So since we were heading down that way, I decided on Chinese for dinner. My brother called asking if him & Mom could come over for a visit, so I invited them for dinner too and added one more meal to the order. Had a chance to talk to Mom about my ideas of how we were going to remodel things in the front room for her. Well here she wants to stay in Blaise's room in the back of the house. Works for me! We'll just have to do a few things to get it ready for her....paint, flooring, blinds, new closet door. Easy! We had a nice visit. Blaise was glad to be back home. I had finished cleaning his room in the morning, and was all ready for his new books. She only sent home a half dozen books with him.

I went on a little shopping spree late evenings. Ended up buying Blaise 3 new book series for next Christmas. I ask my niece what she would recommend since she's a 6th grade English teacher.

Slept in a bit this morning. Found my desk underneath all the mail & newspapers. Now to pay a few bills. Thinking about running into Aldi's to use the $5 coupon I forgot to use on Sunday. No plans for this evening for me. Leftovers for dinner. I MIGHT get around to making a small pot of soup.

So glad you didn't hit that dear Maxie. I know after I hit my dear back in Sept, we darted out onto the road to retrieve bits & pieces. Scary.
    I LOVE hoodies & sweat jackets. I don't like to use umbrellas, and flipping a hood up works better for me.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      What books did she recommend? I have a grandson in that age group.

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      As usual Donna you are always busy doing something, I am older and I have slowed down a bunch...Kathy would not know what to do if she was a full time Mom to Blaise...I don't think he would ever be happy staying with her either...I must have missed something about your Mom moving in with you...

Jostoy, you are the first person I have ever heard say the exact thing I have to watch out for with headaches, which I don't get very often: my neck is so sensitive to any pressure on it. Besides necklines, and heavy coats, also couches these days have a way of jutting out at the top where my head and neck rest on them and I can't sit on one of those. and except for a few times in college when I found two freally cute and wearable hats, I have not found hats that I can wear without getting a headache.

I couldn't find a pen to make notes with as I read so we will see what I remember, and don't laugh, I am serious! In one ear and out the other was written for me, I think.
    It was so nice and mild out when I went to the store after 5:30 last evening I was tempted to say it would be an early Spring! this morning it is also still nice out and not that bone chilling cold...a nice day to end the year for the kids and all.
    maxi, I am doing laundry today and taking down the decorations on the topof the armoire in the dining area but not at all sure what I will put up there. On Facebook I changed my cover photo and it shows the top of the armoire the way I decorated it a few years back: probably quite a few because the plant on the top was still in very good health! I received in when Gary passed away, March, 2012. The decorations are too spring-ish for January, but if I dig around long enough I will find something to put up there to add to my dusting items!

karlinann, when I was looking for Christmas decorations I came across a grocery bag of other bags so I have a bunch of hardly used bags and have them ready to be used in the back of my car! Some are from 2014 and from Disney World. I probably didn't want to use them and get them messy...I don't know, but they will get used now even though the date is on them...

We always celebrated the new year by cleaning and eating up the leftovers and throwing out stuff. So I will continue doing that and since it is in themiddle of the week it is only a one day holiday for daycare.
    And I second what Karlinann said, maxi and anyone else: get some candy! We always have a bag of Hershey Nuggets in the kitchen cupboard and I have a few things stashed away in my room. funny, when there is always some thing I could eat, I don't feel like I have to eat all of it at once...

I need to get moving. I will be thinking of you all and hope the house gets cleaned as much as you need it to and the food gets fixed just right!
    Happy New Year's Eve and smile into the new decade!

Comment

Coffee Break! All the ornaments are off the tree and packed away. No way I can take the tree down so it will sit until bigger, stronger people than me can haul it down. Laundry is down to putting in a last load of towels. I save them to do last because they can sit in the dryer. Need to take the Christmas shams off the couch pillows but that is a hard job to tug and pull and push. I will put the Spring shams on. Do not know what he did with the Spring door wreath because it is to early to hang the poppy wreath that I did find and I want the Christmas wreath gone. I know, I am on this poppy kick! I am so glad I did not go overboard with the decorating this year. Also hope Mother Nature will notice I have put out the spring stuff. She was pretty darn late noticing last year! Talked with my sister a while this morning so there must be something to this getting moving early stuff. I am just a morning glumper...and a afternoon glumper, then it is time for bed! The days fly by, ya know? Going in to tackle the kitchen table now. Can't complain if it is my stuff!

Guess I will be finding forgotten stuff the rest of the week. That is ok because I have a special drawer to put it in along with the table runner after it is cleaned. It was nice catching up with you late arriving people. Have a good rest of the day..

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie, I do the same thing...towels are last for the same reason as well as the fact I use bleach on my towels and wash clothes.

Never too late to stop by and say hello. I am feeling much better today, told the hubby I think I was just plain ole worn out from all the Christmas 'stuff' and cooking...we won't even go into his family Christmas and said SIL....we had to cook a bunch before we even left for the over and hour drive to MIL house.. I will suggest next year we order chicken from somewhere or pizza and split the cost...sure hubby will get upset but I really don't care. My cousin stopped by today, been a long time since I had seen or talked to him, very nice visit...he works so much and it is really starting to take a toll on him...All the decorations are down and put away, doing some laundry today, getting things I received for Christmas out of boxes...got a Food Saver which I have wanted for awhile...loved using it today...Got some return labels for things that needed to be returned, printed them off and then scanned them so I would have the tracking numbers..also have to get a box ready to send to my grandgirls, ordered Ohio State Duffel bags received Nebraska, so I ordered different ones...the guy on phone told me to just keep the Nebraska ones, told him if I had wanted Nebraska I would have ordered them...he did credit my account for said amount..I have one thing to return to Kohl's I received doubles of a cast iron enamel coated dutch oven..Well tonight is shrimp and margarita night, I rarely make it to midnight...last night I was in bed by 9:00 p.m. so my friends, Happy New Years Eve, be safe make a resolution to be a better person in the coming year, I fall short in a few areas, need to work on them..
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
      X