Saturday, December 28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, December 28

Good morning Rounders! Another beautiful day yesterday. We got to Aldi's in time to get some of the deeply discounted Christmas candy. 49 cents, 74 cents, yum!!!! We put it in the freezer. And the German Cookies....love them!!

We both sat on the patio yesterday and I saw an Eastern Bluebird. So pretty and that is my favorite bird.

My Kalanchoe's all have flowerheads that are ready to pop. They have such a beautiful pink bloom on them. Can't wait to see them.

Jostoy, glad you are seeing light at the end of the tunnel on the sale of your house.

Nothing planned, just relax and enjoy the day. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning... it is an ugly foggy morning here. I can imagine how thick the fog was earlier if it is still this deep. Suppose to rain later so this must be the cold front coming through with the weather change.

This morning I walked in and decided it is time to take the Christmas down. This is my son's weekend to work and he left around 3:30 this morning so doubtful he will be in the mood to haul up totes. He is off Monday but that is our visit with the Texas brother. All this means is if I get someone to haul up totes I will be one and only taking down the decorations. That will be my project for next week. Funny how you can just walk into a room and decide you are done. As much as I enjoyed the tree and the lights it is time for normal.

How nice to sit on the patio and bird watch. I need more feed....these common little normal birds are eating us out of house and home. No fancy birds visit us here. A pair of cardinals are the prettiest and there is a small gray bird with a white belly, swallow like tail and a black and white striped tail. It is not in the bird book of midwest birds. So our mystery bird is the only surprise. They are messy birds and have seed and shells spread everywhere in my flower garden.

Blues won last night..#7 in a row. I know they have to lose sometime but it sure is nice to keep winning. Just hope they do not fall apart and some other team gets hot.

Nothing scheduled for today. Certainly not going out until I can see across the street with this fog. Drew's hoodie is in and I thought I had it sent to the house but it is in at the store. Need to make the return so will do it in one trip. When I bought the new tires I had a $100 rebate coming. I am used to receiving rebates in checks but this is a Visa Card. I have read and reread the instructions and cannot understand it. Someplace says activate it and set a pin number then another tells you how to use it unactivated and all I am afraid is of buying something for a $100 and having this darn card not allowed. I need someone with a brighter head than mine to tell me what to do. Whatever happened to a check in the mail? You know what old people have to sit and study and figure out today's babies are born JUST KNOWING this stuff. It is a conspiracy against old people!! All I have learned in the last couple of years is how to on line shop...that may have been a mistake..

Have a great day everyone. Hope the sun is shining and the air warm.

Comment

Good Morning! The sun is TRYING to come out.

I thought I posted yesterday, but apparently not. I really thought I'd have several relaxing days before Blaise came back home, but that hasn't happened yet. Oh well. No big deal.

Yesterday was our "company" Christmas party. We went to the Villa. We all had different versions of fettuccini alfredo. Came home with LOTS of leftovers. The girls went together and got me a certificate for a massage. YES!

This morning I got to sleep in until 8am. No alarm set. I finally juiced the remaining lemons that we zested several weeks ago. Got enough for 10 more pies. Then it was onto preparing & baking an apple pie. Now I'm going to make 4 Samoa pies. One of them and the apple pie goes to Mel's Place once the two pies are done. I'm going to make enough Oreo crusts to make 10 PB pies. Not sure if I'm going to make them today or Monday. We'll see.

Kathy & Matt are moving the last of their stuff from their duplex to a house across town. Of course my credit card is needed to complete the truck rental.

Back to the kitchen....be back later.

Comment

It is sunny and cold here and I am wearing layers in the house. Becky has the kitchen all warm and good smelling; she baked a pumpkin roll to take to dinner at friend's tonight. A couple her age (well a few years older; the woman is the age of our older daughter and was one of her friends) invited her to dinner along with a single guy and it will be interesting to see if anything comes of it. Becky has been kind of interested in him but he lives and works in Shasta county and he is down here at our church occasionally...it was funny when Becky was texting to Alicia and Alicia replied, he is single and I think employed. That is a big one, for sure! Well, both are, but employed is! He is a Spanish interpreter for the court system in Shasta county.

Ok, for me I have the normal Saturday stuff: grocery shopping and daycare cleaning and rearranging. I think I found a way to rearrange the tables so the kids don't think they can climb on a table and look out the window. Only two do this, but I don't want them to, obviously. I have not had climbers for a long time.

We have a Marshall's that just opened up this month and I have not been there so I think I will look around today. The ross that went in is not anything I was impressed with and have been there only twice: to take an older lady who didn't have a ride and then to take my Mom so I am hoping Marshall's will be better quality items.

The books I bought for Becky for Christmas were a huge success! All leatherbound and from the Easton press a few decades ago under the grouping of the 100 Greatest books Ever Written. So I will be looking at Goodwill and such for more in the series. Only favorite authors.

I want to clean out a large tote that I had out in the shed that really isn't holding anything good. I am nervous about the shed to find out if it is leaking form the roof or if water got in somehow with the rain and the wind...much rather be that and hoping the shed will still be good enough to use with plastic tote containers.

Funny about the gift card/checks, Maxi. When I switched to Directv form DISH AT&T gave me a 300.00 Visa card and there wasn't much to do to use it. My old car loan kpeople just sent me a 5.00 check in the mail left from what I had paid them, I guess and ow I have to go to the bank to cash or deposit it...

Shopping online really took care of my gift giving this Christmas and birthday season. I read a comment on Facebook yesterday about a QVC product someone bought and thought maybe I would check it out: Big Mistake to even look! I stopped myself after considering it a nanosecond, though. Wow! Dyson hair tools are as expensive as their vacuums! I had givne my mom their vacuum a couple of years ago but I am not spending that much on a curling iron.

Anyway, it is time I get going and do the grocery shopping and leave you all for the chores you might still have.
        Cleaning up and that means what I have been eating, too. The table has a number of goodies on it that have to be given away or put away for awhile.

Karlinann, my kalanchoe has beendone in by the cold weather. I will be replanting the flower bed out front but not sure what all is available right now.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          So am I reading it correctly. If I don;t activate it it is run as a credit card? It has my name on it so I assumed it was a credit card but they gave me all this confusing info about to activate and pin numbers.

Good afternoon all.

Just finished wet mopping some rooms, and dust mopping the rest. Don't know if the furniture will get done today. Have about used up my back. On Christmas day, 3 of us were in the kitchen cleaning up, and one of the kids brushed up against my back throwing me off balance. So not wanting to land on the kid, as I didn't know which one it was, I arched by back, and felt the pain immediately. It is still hurting, and was a little hard getting out of bed this morning.

Maxie, we are to be back to the 50's tomorrow with rain. That will bring in the cool front for us. That will drop us to more seasonable temps according to the weather guys. But they say we will stay dry for the New Year.

Everyone have a good afternoon and night.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
        X