Sunday, December 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 22

Good morning Rounders! It's 2 days til Christmas! Better not pout!

Yesterday we went driving around the communities, but it was too early and we saw nothing. I guess everyone was out and trying to get their Christmas wrapped up. We will try again tonight.

Today I'm making Spaghetti with Meat Sauce or Meatballs.

I will make some more Paper Mache Stars, the really big ones. I have to get a stash of cardboard the next Aldi's shopping trip, but I really don't know if they have boxes big enough. I have gotten so many compliments on the ones I made 2 years ago. I've already started saving coffee filters. It takes a big stack. I also want to do some paper roses.

We are supposed to get rain today. I'll take it. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all...I have been hit and miss being here, a couple of times I tried with no luck, and just didn't have the time to sit and try and try again and again...Life sure has been keeping me busy, more things thrown in at a bad time of year...so many test that I have had to do, and see the surgeon on Jan.14, but will not have surgery before going to FL in February.

The candies and cookies are made, the cheese balls area made, today I will make two different kinds of sloppy joes and meatballs..and slice all the brick cheeses..Hubby has done all the wrapping now all I have to do is wrap his gifts. one is just way to big, I had a wrestling match with it getting it from the front porch to under a bed in front spare bedroom..and that is where it will remain, I will let him go search for it, LOL...we had an ugly sweater/vest party to attend last night, hubby and I had so many comments on the vest I did for us, but since we aren't party animals we left before the ugly contest..

Well gang I have to tell you the lastest on the SIL, they were trying to decide what to take to his Mom's for Christmas, (I am not included in these conversations) but hubby told me she said since no one is making any suggestions let's do ham since it is easy. Well I told him we would make baked beans, deviled eggs, and potato salad to go with it....his brother said he would bring pies, then yesterday she texted her Mom wonder if she was getting a ham or should someone else get it....He told me this and I said are you kidding me, she suggest it and then ask if your Mom will buy it...his Mom is 80 yrs. old, down with a cold and she ask that...Hubby told her he would go buy one, and he did yesterday...can you believe it...so my question is, what is she bringing?!!!!!

Down to the nitty gritty now, will finish making messes today and start picking up and putting away...then tomorrow get the house clean...daughter and hubby said they would be here 24th & 25th...but they don't spend all their time here.. Well time to go decide something for breakfast...

Have a great day one and all..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      I would bet your SIL has gotten away with not bringing anything her entire life. She is the planner after all and you are to contribute the work....and foot the bill. But guess you just need to roll with it to keep peace in the family. Looking forward to those tests must be stressful at any time of the year but now especially. Makes me happy you have a husband who is so helpful and willing. I live with a son who is very capable and I see Andrew being willing. Try not to stress and just enjoy.

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Gosh, Sharon< I would think she would be so embarrassed to do the things she does...my thought was sounds like she is just bringing a big appetite and a lot of drama! and like maxi said, she has got away with it this long and probably won't change...just shaking my head.

Good morning! It is our Christmas Day. The adult children went back to bed and Andrew is downstairs talking his poor dad's arm and leg off. I am so glad he is downstairs and not upstairs talking my arm and leg off! He is excited and seems to be happy with his Christmas. The ham in heating in the crock pot and I am having my first peaceful cup of coffee.

We were up late last night..everyone played cards then gathered in here with me to watch the Blues play...it was a late game and not over until almost midnight. We won! 5 in a row!! Yesterday my nephew gave me a Christmas card with a note and invitation to a hockey game of my choice and he will come and get me and bring me home. What a surprise...! I will wear the new Blues socks I got from my niece. Yes I am the crazy old aunt who loves her hockey and they all know it.

Yesterday one nephew and his family all came in wearing Hawaiian Christmas shirts. In the move to their new home this summer the Elf was lost and they could not find it. They have small believers so they told them the Elf won a trip to Hawaii and would not be coming this year. Then he sent them all Hawaiian Christmas shirts. So cute! And pretty darn cleaver. I would have probably gone out and bought a new Elf. Secretly they are saying losing that Elf was a wonderful thing and worth the cost of shirts. Anyone who has hidden that darn Elf understands that!

I am already tired...I didn;t get the last pie out of the oven until after the game was over so after midnight. I need to shower while the house is quiet again but my clothes are in the room with a sleeping son. I think I have it all under control and then forgot to bring out some clothes. I am just glad they all got up before daylight for Andrew. He came in carrying a cup of coffee for me and then ask when they were getting up. As soon as you can knock on doors Baby! And they did...then in a group headed back to bed.

So we have had Christmas and will be eating leftovers while you celebrate yours. Hope there are leftovers...they cleaned out a crock pot full of Italian beef last night. But I gotta admit it was good. Hope you are putting your finishing touches on your Holiday celebrating and not stressing to much. Have a great day.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      I want to come! Sounds as good as the good Hallmark movies!

Good SUNNY Morning & Merry Christmas Maxie!

The light is getting really bright at the end of my tunnel. The only "cookie" left to do now are the lemon bars. I don't like making them for some reason. One of my oldest customers special orders those & mint choc cookies. I'm going to tell her I won't be doing them next year. I get stuck with the mint cookies because nobody else wants them and you can't put them on cookie trays. And I always end up leaving the lemon bars to last & I dread doing them.

Yesterday it was like Grand Central Station for a while. Tomorrow & Tue will be like that too. Tomorrow is pie day.

We went to church this morning. Blaise is still here. Kathy isn't getting him until tomorrow. I have yet to start wrapping. Corky did get a tree yesterday. When you wait that long, the trees are then 50% off. So I guess we'll add boxes from the attic to the mess later today. Think I might assemble the lasagna for Christmas dinner. We'll see. No cards tonight.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Oh, we got whatever rain you think might be coming, Karlinann! OUr big storm hit with a vengeance: wind is howling and I am seriously thinking I will put on a straw summer hat to protect my hair going into church but I am afraid the wind will just blow it away...and of course, the sweet lady in the wheelchair wants to go today. Testing my Christian charity, I guess (the weather, not thelady) and so I will suck it up and try and remember it isn't all about me.

Church is also later this morning as we are meeting with the other congregation that shares the building.
      Yesterday the breakfast was good and went well, until I heard them announce Paula will lead us in some carols and a few songs!
      I had no idea and at least the words were printed out (but I did not choose the carols) and I did not have glasses with me and they chose one that was higher than I would have liked. I asked a friend to give us a note (knowing she sings in a lower key) and that made it all good. Kind of...my voice is just not what it used to be and alllrgies are my excuse, although I am afraid it is Age!
      anyway, there will be a lot of good Christmas music this morning.

Cookielady, I sure know what you mean about not putting mint cookies on a cookie plate. I feel the same way about having peanut butter cookies on a covered cookie plate which always happens around here and then everything else tastes of peanut butter.
      I love lemon bars but don't usually make them either...my reason is I am lazy enough that I don't like two step cookie processes.
      I made up cookie dough for the caramel pretzel chocolate chip cookies last night and will bake them after church
      Maxi, was your ham a spiral sliced ham that you did in the crockpot? There were so many different ones to choose form at Walmart andI ended up choosing a smoked applewood spiral ham. Now, of course, I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should have got the brown sugar one...

We took coats and socks to the shelter yesterday. Becky had started a sock drive and then some other items came in, too. The jackets are really warm! This weather sure makes me appreciate all I have: inside heat and security. When it is bad weather they keep the shelter open for people and I am not sure how that works for a sunday since it is churches in town that take turns hosting it.

Hope you all are able to enjoy all your busy days! I am amazed at all we get done! Redifining our numbers, as I say!
      Bless you all!

Comment

Happy Winter Solstice you all. This is the longest night of winter, then the days will start getting lighter.
        Last edited by karlinann; 12-22-2019, 03:03 PM.
        "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Working...
        X