I'm alive...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm alive...

Thought I'd slip in here before another crazy day goes by. The light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter, then something blocks the light for a few hours & I panic.

Today (Friday) we made up the remaining cookie trays ordered. I have 4 freezers, and each one had a certain sized tray...sm, med, lg, or xlg. I finally wrote myself a note to remind me what size was in what freezer. Most of the orders have been picked up, and about 50% of the remaining ones won't go until 12/24 because they are getting pies too.

It was fun for the customers that came while we were making trays. I invited them into the dining room where we were assembling them, and they got all excited seeing & tasting cookies that didn't know about except for the name on the list. We sold quite a few extra dozens that way. Boxed up & took their money, thank you very much! In all among that, I had Theresa making 8 PB pies. I had orders from the restaurants for them, and sold even a couple of those to customers who came thru.

Did I tell you all about the new recipe we got from T's uncle last week? It's a Zagnut ball & the are SOOOOOOOOOOO good. We've been giving out a sample to everyone who comes for their order. They've been a huge hit. Tonight I made my 3rd batch of them. My friend Janet who makes & sells choc candy, came last night & I gave her a half doz balls. She's going to dip some of them in her chocolate and we'll see how they taste that way.

I haven't wrapped a single gift. I hope I have enough bought. There is not a single Christmas decoration up, but it would help to get them out of the attic. I'm not worrying about it. I wanted to get an artificial tree, but my husband still insists on a real tree. Well I don't have the time or energy to go get one. If he wants it, he'll have to go get one. The one year we didn't get our tree up until the evening of 12/23, and not even 48 hrs later it fell over Christmas Day. Personally I enjoy sitting and looking at my tree after my busy season. If it hangs in there, it doesn't bother me if it's up until the second week of January. Last year I had it down 1/2.

I REALLY need to learn that 2 letter word, but I'm a sucker and like to make people happy. I love seeing their smiles & talking cookies & pies with them. Today was the first day someone didn't call & order something.

Well, back to work. Finishing up the choc rolls. Need to finish dipping the Zagnut balls, and scoop the snickerdoodles & Reece cup cookies. Ran short on all 3 of them and want them for my personal trays.

I'm back...done with what I can get done for the night. There is tomorrow morning. Know what I was mulling over while rolling balls? The JOY of giving. As busy as I am, I'm always looking, listening, and buying something for someone when I come across it all year long. I LOVE to give. I usually don't ask what someone wants. I listen. Talking with my SIL while playing cards the last couple of months, I saw how little joy she gets giving to others. It is total torcher to her to think of something. She nixed the dirty Santa game this year because getting a couple silly gifts just was overwhelming to her. She STILL has been buying & wrapping those gifts for her adult children. I say let them buy it themselves. She gets the money from them to pay for the gifts, but if it's such a burden to her, then let them do it themselves. She'd them only have to think of two gifts. I have more ideas than money most of the time. Since I've been buying & stashing for the game all year, I've decided I'm going to host the game & supply all the silly gifts. The key will be to note judge a gift by it's wrapping or size. Several years ago she decided we needed to stop buying for each other and just get for my Mom & the kids 18 or under. That cut the buying by almost 80%, and now that Blaise is the only one under 18, shopping is very limited. And getting a couple silly gifts for a game is too overwhelming. To me it's sad, and just sucks the fun right out of it all. My brother was in charge of getting for their son & their daughter's boyfriend. He found little salt pellet guns you use to shoot flies with. I thought it was hysterical and my SIL thought it was dumb & a waste of money. I'm sorry, I'll put my soap box away.
Working...
X