Sunday, December 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, December 8

Good morning Rounders! I had trouble getting into the forum this morning. ??? So, we delivered the cookies yesterday and they were well received. My baking is over and my hands can heal. Sigh!

I watched almost 2 new to me Hallmark movies last evening. The first one was A Christmas Love Story and it was heart wrenching and I cried several times. That one is a must see!!!! The other one came on right after and it is Christmas In Rome and OMG that was Lacey Chaubert's best starring role yet and I need to watch the last hour. I got so sleepy I couldn't keep my eyes open. What I loved about Lacey in this movie is that she is acting just as if this was her true life in real time. It's like a true love story unfolding.

Maxie, and all of you who venture out into the malls to shop, you guys are real troopers!!! I did that once and that was enough and that was before I got bad joints, old and decrepit. You are brave souls, and I salute you!

Paula, I'm proud of you for having some me time. You deserve it!

Cookielady, all the years I've been posting to this forum I can attest to your mothering that child like nobody's business. You have rights to him and don't ever let anybody take that away. You've been there for him in his times of need, you've been his teacher, coach, provider, Child Psychologist, nurse, and many more titles that come along with raising a child. You go GIRL!

Jostoy, hope you are without pain this morning. Boffler, I don't know how you do it with all that cooking.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..I am feeling a nap. If I hadn’t skipped Bible study last weekend I would consider staying home and resting for work this evening.

Thursday evening Friday all day and Saturday morning were great. I shopped til I dropped!

Today is a normal day

Comment

Morning...don't know if you can call it sleeping if you woke in the middle of the night and then went back to sleep several hours later. Anyway I am here later than usual.

Nothing planned for today but sorting and wrapping. Still would like to mix up some cookie dough because then I will have to bake them off and we will have a cookie for Christmas. Or I could just buy them each a bag of oreos if someone complains. Actually that is not a bad idea....

Boffler you are indeed the bigger and better person. Hope your day turns out pleasant and I know your food will be delish! Paula, I have eaten alone in public. I always have a book in my purse and through the years have found my own company pleasant...you gotta like yourself when you are as antisocial as I am. LOL! Good for you! Jostoy hope you are not having to hard of a time being quiet and resting. Cookie, raising a grand is hard and you took it on and deserve the credit and benefits from parents that have given up that job. A weekend here and there does not give them special rights. My opinion of course and I have a million of them!

Karlinann I did not watch Hallmark last night but I did watch the Blues lose. One thing about Hallmark is you can catch a rerun several times a season. Yesterday afternoon Jon came in and turned on a Die Hard movie...geeze!, that is not entertainment. But I guess since the bloodshed happened at Christmas time they called it a Christmas movie? So much for peace in the world.

I did not see the banana bread this morning so he either ate the entire thing or threw it to the birds. He kept waiting for a clean knife in the center and I told him it over baking on the outside. Maybe I will have him bake some pumpkin bread?

Thought the sun was out but not to sure now. Hope each of you have a perfect, sunny, warm day.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        That is why we started making our banana bread as muffins! No soggy middle.

Good Morning....weiners and meatballs in crockpot, chicken sandwiches mixed and in crockpot, barbecue beef in crockpot and all things are cooking...leave here at 10:30 so we can stop by the building and leave all the food, buns and punch bowl then go pick up his Mom and her hubby. I ask two days ago and again last night if there was enough plugs or do we need to take things he said he had no idea, don't worry about it...so this morning he gets a text about a cord with surge protector...I tell you they all wait until last minute to do anything... Maxie I have decided that my SIL must be jealous that I am multi-talented and loves taking the credit for things.. and I refuse to let her ruin anything for me anymore..

Karliann I usually bake a whole lot of things at Christmas and give trays of things to others, this year not so much hubby is border line on diabetic and I must be careful of what I have in this house and what and how I cook...and if there is a cookie or candy in the house he will find it and eat it...

Maxie hope they ate the bread and for sure didn't feed the birds, LOL...I didn't watch any Hallmark movies last night was watching my OSU Buckeyes beat Wisconsin last night in Indianapolis..Big Ten games...was a late night...but so worth it..

Well time to get a shower and get this day started...oh I forgot, woke up got out of bed and it was cold, checked the thermostat and sure enough the furnace was on the blink again...I say its time to replace the pressure valve, hubby says he wants the repairman to say that... have to go out in electric box, stop the power to furnace, wait 5 mins. then turn back on, it resets the furnace...grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! The sunrise was gorgeous! Unfortunate for me, the temps are going to be almost 50 for the next 3 days. I really depend on my little porch to "freeze" some of the cookies.

Yesterday was productive & not just in the kitchen. I love my husband to pieces & appreciate how he helps me out, BUT how he folds laundry drives me a little batty, but I don't say anything. Well Friday night & yesterday morning I did up all the laundry and got it put away....the right way. LOL! It felt good. Even stripped the bed. We have this one drawer that we put single socks in, and I even pulled all those out & matched up the strays. I just KNEW there had to be a lot in there, because my sock drawer wasn't as full as usual after the laundry was done.

After I met Kathy and she took Blaise, the baking commenced. I did pick up Chinese for our dinner while I was out. I don't know WHO decided to put the nut horns back on the cookie list, but I need to fire her. LOL! We have so many orders for those blasted things. The price is going up. They take longer to make & bake than ladylocks. I worked all evening on those boogers and only ended up with 15 doz.

Before leaving for church this morning, I mixed up a single batch of the nut horn dough, and will be baking those off as soon as I get off of here. I feel a nap calling my name though. Need to make Cork's lunch food. Told Sherry that I wasn't going to cook for cards tonight. Pizza Hut it shall be. I'll order it.

Thank you for all the kind words. I'm not really all that. I'm looking forward to not having all the responsibilities for Blaise, that's why I said I'm JUST going to be Grandma. We'll always have a special bond though.

Well, off to the kitchen....or is that my recliner calling my name? It's getting louder....

Comment

Good morning and it’s going to be another rainy day. I had rain yesterday for half of every trip ( either going in or coming out) and wind all day.

power stayed on and the fences are all up so I am calling it good.

The cookies I made are not what I wanted and I will frost them and let the daycare kids use sprinkles and decorate them and take them home. A lot of time went into mixing, chilling and rolling but the kids will like them. They are too bland and not the cookie a friend and I have been searching for. We used to buy cookies at a Christmas boutique and have searched ever since. No one remembers them but us!

I watched that new Hallmark movie, Karlinann and really liked it, too!
          And the Christmas at the Plaza was fantastic! I remember the actress from Designing Women... her voice is so distinctive.

And Loved the Rome movie! I travel through Hallmark, I guess.

I am making my potatoes today and the cake roll. After church it will be just baking and staying in. I do go visit at my mom’s on Sundays and we just talk and share any pictures she has not seen from Facebook.

Boffler, your prep and food is beyond my words! And Taking it just adds to my amazement. I have taken a few dinners and I know the work involved.
          Enjoy the day and the feeling of success! Doug has to be so proud of you!

I need to fix my hair and eat something quick. No one needs a ride this morning so I have a little more time.

I am thinking I may take myself out to dinner every week! Thanks for the kind words.

Napa are good so take as needed! And have a great day!

Comment

When my phone makes crazy autocorrect do you know what I meant?
            Naps are a good thing!
            It is Sunny here!
            And good thing because I Forgot the corn flakes that are needed for the top of the authentic funeral potatoes. I am making them because I was asked to
            after we had a discussion on how people cut corners on recipes.
            Our neighbor from across the street just brought over cookies!
            We are watching Last Vermont Christmas. Hallmark and cookies!

Comment

Working...
            X