Wednesday, November 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, November 27

It's Thanksgiving Eve! Our friend who is in real estate gave us a Dutch Apple Pie for T'Giving. She had her DH out delivering them. We each had a piece after dinner and it is so good. Apple is my favorite pie in the whole world. We had another package delivered to our doorstep. It was the craft supplies that I gave to boy next door. His grandma apparently brought them back while we were out and left a note on them saying she appreciated me showing her grandson how to do crafts, but they couldn't keep the supplies.

We made another trip to the thrift shop and I made a haul. 5 pairs of soft capri pants for winter wear. They are French Terry inside. One pair of denim shorts for next year, and a Danskin Now shirt to match my Danskin pants. Comfortable soft clothes for winter that keep your body warm, but are not heavy. Forty three cents. We went to the other thrift shop and found a wonderful brass floor lamp with a linen shade that was half price. We got it for $20, It is so nice and it matches my other linen lamp shades in the living room.

I noticed that I have a bunch of flowers sprouted in the Rosemary pots on the front porch yesterday. Bonus!

Today is trash pick-up and Aldi's shopping. One thing we won't be buying is deli meat to make sandwiches with this week. Can you say leftover turkey? Gobble, Gobble!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! This morning we are under a high wind warning and you can hear the roar. Sure is blowing the leaves around. Wonder where mine went because I can sure see where the neighbors went...in my yard! Rained last night and there was a tornado watch to the , west all evening..I went to sleep so have no idea if it came over us. You have to pay for those Spring like temps even if you didn't ask for them!

Have my turkey breast in the crock pot and will heat it in gravy tomorrow. Today I (Jon) will cook and do all the prep for tomorrow. I am a great supervisor and my back and shoulder will thank him for all his work. Not sure when Scott will be in but he might wait for the wind to die down later today. I know Andrew wants to go bowling with his dad and uncle. Hope that works for the guys. I also want to go to the cemetery and put Christmas flowers on their dads grave. We try to do that when we are together every Thanksgiving. That guy loved Thanksgiving Dinner and, while he never cooked a thing, he had his own sampling spoon and was under foot. Even after all these years I wish he were here to be underfoot and bothersome.

I meant to get up earlier than I did so need to get moving. The wind is just a constant roar but suppose to let up later. No one here will be out looking for shopping bargains. No bargain is worth fighting some crazed person...besides I am almost done shopping! Yay!

Leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving dinner Karlinann. Yum and yum until you are so sick of turkey! Have a good day everyone.

Comment

Good morning here are a picture of me in my serving uniform not great one but you guys can see me.

Our big event went very well. The faculty and staff were supper nice so appreciative. The food was so good!!!

After work I am meeting with my current worker for one of the last times. I am getting a different person. She told her boss I was demanding. She is the first staff that has complained about me that I know of. I just wanted her to be on time and come when she said she was.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Beth. Now I can put a face with your name. You look adorable and ready for business. Go girl!

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        On time is one of my requirements. All of us have things to do and if someone is going to be late once in awhile they can text. If it is all the time, they need to arrange their schedule better.

good morning! Wind Howled here last night and I slept well, so was happy to wake up with power still on! Some around here lost power last night due to equipment problems, not safety shut off.

Beth, I bet your line looked so spiffy in your matching uniforms! I love the community feel of faculty events!
      The one thing I miss about working at school is the holiday events!

I will have a few less kids today so I am seeing what I can do during daycare.
      I made the sweet potato dish my mom requests. I will be shopping with the crowds after daycare but I am doing it knowing I chose not to go out in that horrible storm yesterday. I mean, why would I ? Wind gusts were terrible.
      We actually had some snow falling but it turned to rain last night.
      This is the weather that really makes me feel like Holiday time!
      Cloudy, chilly and I am ready to bake and play Christmas music!
      So many years of this has created the tradition.

This is the first year I have brined a turkey and hoping it is as good as everyone says.

Karlinann, I wish I could find those Capri deals!
      What brand are they? Maybe I can search on EBay. They sound exactly like what I need through most of my winter.
      I have lucked out with some of Becky’s jeans as she has lost weight and I have so I can wear hers... I just prefer Capri length and she does not.

Well, I am going to make my shopping list and will check back later.
      Chai tea is ready and waiting.
      Take care and enjoy the sights and sounds and smells of this holiday!

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        Two of them are by Blair. The ones with the French Terry lining are by Extra Touch Sportswear, one is by White Stag Stretch and the other pair are Basic Editions, which are both Walmart brands, I think. Today I wore the White Stag with stretch to Aldi's. They are a brown and white pattern between a plaid and a smallish check. They are scrumptious! Love them, and I just happened to have a 3/4 length sleeve brown shirt by Kim Rogers that I bought last year at the thrift store.

I am going back often because I'm looking for a chenille robe. I have a Victoria's Secret white terry robe that I got there 2 yrs ago, but it is heavy. It fits me and is lovely, but I need a lighter fabric that is warm and does not feel heavy to put on. I swear my arm muscles feel as if they are going to get pulled out when I put that thing on. I laundered it today and will just pack it away. It's too heavy to wash often. I'll keep looking. Oh, BTW, I bought a pink robe by Jones New York at the same time as the VS robe and it was the perfect weight and was nice, but it was long dragging the floor and I do not need to fall. I traded it back in at the thrift shop. I'll let some other person feel special.
        Last edited by karlinann; 11-27-2019, 11:15 AM.

I have made a great discovery! It's the Scrub Buddies that you can buy at The Dollar Tree. They come 6 to a pack and they are wonderful. They fit my hand, they wash dishes, they wipe counters, they scrub pots and pans and they just rinse up and are good to go the next time you need them. I think I can finally throw away my old dish rags that have holes in them, or at least put them in the rag pile.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

I saw those scrubbers and wondered if they were any good. I use a scrubber that you pour soap into and you cannot get into all places. Going to give them a try! We have been cooking fools this morning. Both types of potatoes are finished and the turkey cooked. Cranberries are cooked. Still need to bake two pies and will put the dressing together in the morning. Scott will be here in a few hours so I am going to run to walmart for those little things I never remember until the table is being set...like nice butter instead of the big old tub I normally haul out for these guys. Will get lunch meat and potato salad for night sandwiches. I have a hockey game tonight so the guys will have to entertain themselves.

I have a big ole fuzzy robe I have had for years. It is bright red so am sure my neighbors love when I come out with my bedhead into the back yard and sit. It is blowing here and freezing and you people are talking capris...you really know how to hit a girl turning blue with cold.

Going to hit walmart and hope all those last minute shoppers are finished. Then I can bake those pies without hurrying. Enjoy the rest of the day...

Comment

Thanks for the great info, Karlinann!
          The sun came out just a while ago and going to the grocery will not be as bad as it was yesterday.
          No wind and rain

Comment

Working...
          X