Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, November 26

Good morning Rounders!

My joints hurt so bad with arthritis from this cold. The Glucosamine helps tremendously, but it still hurts. I find that if I do any action for a length of time with my hands, my fingers get stiff and sore. Like sewing for instance, or holding an implement for a time such as a heavy paver, but thank goodness the gardening bit is over for the rest of fall and winter. My vertigo has never been as bad as this fall. Enough complaining. It's H*** getting old. I will not grow old gracefully though, that is for certain!

DH got a great report from the Foot & Ankle doctor, but she told him that the calf muscles on the surgical leg are smaller than the other one and we hadn't even noticed it. She told him some strengthening exercises to do to build it up. He goes to the gym nearly every day and walks on the treadmill.

I took the crafting things over and I knew that the grandpa was not home, but I saw her ride home from the clinic leave so I knew she was home. I gave her the stuff and told her I couldn't do it anymore. It's done and I feel better. I wished her well. The child will be fine because he is going back home to Massachusetts to stay for a month to be with other family. I cannot lay out the whole story for you Cookielady, because there are nuances, feelings, and possible episodes that I could not portray in my written version. Suffice it to say that I think I acted in the best possible outcome for all parties. I'm not sure, but I think they must be putting their house on the market because I saw a guy over there outside taking pictures of the house over the weekend. I should not assume!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning. Yesterday the temps hit close to 70 and we had a mostly sunny day! Gorgeous! But you now what that means in November? It means you pay for it with storms and winds coming in later this afternoon. We are missing the snow, etc., but are on the warm side and will get Spring storms. Can you imagine the Macy's parade without those huge balloons because of wind gusts? Scott is driving in tomorrow so we have no worry about travel delays.

Today Andrew has early dismissal and then is on Thanksgiving break. I will meet him at the bus and if wants we will go for fast food or he can have grilled cheese later. Tomorrow is a big cooking day for me and I do not feel like planning a meal for tonight. Jon is off tomorrow so will do most of cooking. Thank goodness both my boys are good in the kitchen. Today I will do whatever cleaning I intend to do. Which is not much.

Karlinann hope you start feeling better soon, both mentally and physically. I understand sore hands and fingers...have not put a stitch in my afghan in a while. And is there one person in the world that does not have a runny nose? Sunday while we were out shopping Jon picked kettle corn from the booth and it was brought in last night because Drew and I did not know he bought it and he left it in the car because he forgot he bought it. so the three of us sat around eating kettle corn. Now I have to vacuum it up!

Blues lost in Overtime again last night. Getting to be a habit.....time for fresh coffee. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      That Kettle Corn sounds good Maxie. I love popcorn of any flavor, but my dental work screams No, No, No!

Good morning...I have a very big day ahead of me and I am nervous. Our cafeteria is closed to students for breakfast and lunch today. We are serving all faculty and staff of the university a Thanksgiving dinner. I am wearing my uniform from last year so I will match everyone. I am a bit nervous about spilling something.

Tonight I will pack for my trip.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      You'll do just fine Beth. Have a safe trip and have fun. Let your hair down girl!

I could not make the login space stay open for me on my computer.

the funeral was good and we served a lot more than we were told to plan for but there was still food left. Not a lot so I call that a win!

We have rain and possible Snow in the valley!
    And the rain coming in this morning so not sure about outside play time.

I listened to enough news and then got upset over the firing of the Sec of the Navy.
    Can I just say the president has such a strange and to me off putting choice of words? “ War fighters” to describe our military in this case the Navy SEAL. All of our military is trained and ready to go defend. I would say our military warriors. Sorry if I am stirring things up and vocabulary is not a prerequisite of office, but wouldn’t you think someone on his staff would have prepared him and given him a better choice of comments?

I hope we all get our work done and things ready for the Feast!
    take care and keep the Kleenex handy!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      His vocabulary is off putting because he does not understand anything about the military and has no desire to learn. Most of us have had family in the military...it is a foreign concept for this guy.

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I have been sick as a dog and my vision is lousy! I have an appointment with the urollogistbthis afternoon and I dread it because I have to see his Nurse Practioner and I just don't do females! *sigh* Karliann, I can so relate to you! My muscles are giving me sooooo much hassle. They are cramping like crazy. Unfortunately, it isn't from the weather. It's just my muscles being ornery. I know this is a downer, but I am dreading Thanksgiving this year. Family is non-e existent and it is the 2nd anniversary of Jessica's death. My friends will be with their families and it will be a hot dog day with Lifetime Christmas movies for me. (Not all bad, LOL) Today will be sunny with a high of 64o - NO RAIN! YIPPEE!!!!! I don't have to practice my quacking!!! My sister is still in the hospital. She has been in there for several weeks now with COPD and congestive heart failure. She turned 80 in October, but she has been old since she has been in her 50s. My home health care nurse was here this morning and wasn't impressed with the cellulitis in my right leg. Oh well, Can't please everyone, can I? LOL I Hope y'all have a safe a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Please forgive me for making this a downer, I was going to delete it, but then I figured if I did, I might miss the chance to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Last edited by Punkin; 11-26-2019, 11:24 AM. Reason: Increase visual acuity
    "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers for you, Val! And you are not a downer! You are our friend!
Working...
X