Thursday, November 21

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, November 21

Only one week til Thanksgiving! Good morning Rounders! I got a clean bill of health from my pcp. Lungs are clear. My tonsils are still red and I suppose that is why my lymph node was sore in the first place. Anyway, I'm not sick! Yea!

The little guy is coming over today to do his crafts. His grandpa said he was excited about the crafts he made last week. Just wait until he sees the dinosaur project that I have for him today.

I am not going to collect anymore leaves this year. I don't want to be laid up with an Upper Respiratory Infection at holiday time. It's much too risky. Besides I've already gathered up a big pile of leaves to compost and I shall not be greedy.

I didn't have any lunch before going to the appt. yesterday so that my B/P would not be through the roof. It was still 144/82 and my insurance wants the systolic # to be less than 140. I'm sure I'll get another letter from them, but it is what it is.

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning. Yep, lost the first post again. I think this arrow thingy is a little to bouncy and moves by itself. No, not kidding it just is too sensitive and I end up typing in another line sometimes or pushing buttoms I didn't know I was on. So that makes it a computer flaw with a touchy arrow thing and not me. No matter, I am still losing post!

Today is my shopping day and I am leaving early as soon as I have my coffee, shower and dress. It is rainy but suppose to clear up but I will not take any chances and leave a few minutes early. I do hit morning traffic and am always happy I am sitting in it for a fun day and they are sitting in it to go to work.

Did very little yesterday but sat and crocheted while I watched some of the hearings until they madden me and them switch to Christmas movies. Shopping is a much better way to spend time.

Glad you got a clean bill of health Karlinann, except for that BP. Enjoy the little neighbor guy. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

• boffler
      boffler commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie you need to go into your mouse settings and change the settings for your arrow maybe...my problem with losing post is that I usually hit enter on my keyboard instead of post reply. So use to hitting enter when posting other places..

Good morning.today is my day off. I am having lunch with a friend. We have been trying to get together for ever.

Work yesterday was great again. Everyone thought chef was making everyone work Thanksgiving. Yesterday he told everyone that had asked to have it off they were getting it off. Then he gave me Black Friday off. He asked me to work a few hours on Saturday so I am doing that. In return I am getting next Friday off. Next Friday is my shopping day with family.

Today after lunch I am going to Walmart to start some Christmas shopping.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like a great day! And good for chef to workout that schedule!

Good Morning to all....Karliann glad you are doing well and not Upper Respiratory infection, the little guy will have a great time.

Yesterday was a long exhausting day, Mom in law lives over and hour away, we went there to remove wallpaper in her bathroom and to polyurethane some wood (in her kitchen the wallpaper removed had wood underneath, very nice wood) so it needed a new coat...well he started the bathroom and found the walls underneath to be in horrible shape which meant the wallpaper was not coming off easy like usual, then the steamer just stopped working, wore out, so we searched for a store close to try and find another one, no luck but her hubby thought of a place, called and they had one to rent, so he went and got that, well it was a huge thing and took forever for the water to heat, to make a long story short, we did not get home until 9:00 p.m. yesterday, I sat at the kitchen table all day with my Mom in law. Wallpaper is all off but now have to go back Sunday to patch the walls, sand and prime... (I sure hope he does not require me to go along again). He is getting so cranky in his older age and I swear everytime we are there he snipes at me or gives me a look, and my Mom in law noticed it also, and said her hubby is the same way...told her that is the reason I wanted to stay home today by myself..

Well today he will be at the office half a day and I intend on staying in my comfy clothes and just relaxing....deciding on supper, etc.

Have a great day one and all...sure was good reading a post from Aunt Maye..she has her hands full for sure...God Bless her heart..

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

He is getting so cranky in his older age and I swear everytime we are there he snipes at me or gives me a look, and my Mom in law noticed it also, and said her hubby is the same way...told her that is the reason
      ...…...……….

Boffler, like father like son?
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• boffler
        boffler commented
        Editing a comment
        Really wouldn't know the answer to that hid Father gave him up for adoption when he was 8 and his Mom's then husband adopted him but that didn't end well either.

How do y'all like my turkey drawing? Most of the things I draw on my Paint site are never big enough when I try to post them as an avatar. I do not have any pictures on our computer. When we bought a new computer we lost them. That was several years ago and now we've had 2 computers since that.

Comment

Wow! Karlinann, you drew that?! and I am sorry I kept forgetting to say I liked the sunflower, too. You are very talented!
        Glad for the good appointment and that you can do the craft day. The dino sounds really cute! I love paper plate crafts!

Yesterday a good friend passed away. He was a cousin of Gary's and we had been friends since forever. He married a girl that I knew in college, even and we have been close friends. they divorced but I am still close with her.
        It was a rather solemn day yesterday. People te or calling to ask about him and his present wife. I had chicken enchiladas all ready so I took them over after daycare. You know how people tend to ask, What can I do? and the other person usually says, Oh I am fine...that is really the way Dolly is so I just went over. Another friend was there and she had brought a cake. We talked and in a little bit one of his son's arrived form Ut with his family so I was glad I had brought food. Another friend had taken over ham the day before (he was on hospice) so I know they had enough. Our kids grew up together and we did all kinds of things together as families...

I have been going through boxes that I had in storage and found a package of pillowcases to embroider. I am now looking for my hoops and while you all crochet I think I will do some embroidery.

I listened to the news about the hearings, maxie, but could not make myself listen to the actual event. I would not have it in in daycare but used to have my living room tv on with news in the morning that I could hear but it didn't impact the kids. I am ready to tune in something else. And my Pandora is somehow mixed up and just does shuffle play when I want it to stay with one album...so, the sounds of silence is good...and welcome.

Ok, you all have a good day. Enjoy the shopping! I have found some vintage leather bound books for Becky of favorite books. but that is all. And I have a grandson's birthday on Thanksgiving (born on our daughter Stephanie's birthday that I still have not figured out what to give him. Check will be in the mail today so he can go to the Lego store. He will be 8. I wish I felt good about sending cash in the mail. I remember how fun it was to open an envelope and have money in it!!!

Wishing us all a great day with smiles and warmth in it!

Comment

Working...
        X