Wednesday, November 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, November 20

Good morning Rounders! I'm so much better this morning. I am still keeping my appt. though. You never know! I think it was the garlic that I had a large dose of in my grits yesterday morning. I put in 3 large cloves of garlic to help strengthen my system. Garlic has such curative powers and I truly think it helped. All I had besides that is a baby aspirin. Anyway, my lymph node does not hurt, but I'm congested.

Aunt Maye, it was so good to read your post. I let everybody with a handful go before us at the grocery. It's the right thing to do. I am the one who leans on the cart because my back is not worth 10 cents. I feel for you as the caregiver, but I also know that feeling of being the caretaker. You will do anything possible to keep him safe. Many blessings to you and I sure hope you come back to us. I love hearing from you.

I ran a low grade temp off and on all day yesterday. I had 2 cups of spice tea and several glasses of water. I had some of my homemade chicken soup for dinner and I'm so glad I had that. The warm foods help your throat.

Today is trash pick-up and Aldi's shopping day. I won't be able to do either. I'm thankful for a wonderful DH who is helpful with the chores and I love him dearly.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning to all....Karliann so glad you are feeling better...I bought a bag of garlic cloves and ended up throwing them away because that is all you could smell in the house, even after double bagging them..

On our way to my Mom in laws house (over an hour away) to strip the wallpaper in her bathroom and polyurethane the wood in kitchen...would really prefer to stay at home but hubby gave me that look when I said that last night... grrrr, all I wanted was a day to myself, LOL...

So don't know what we will have for supper, maybe subs from the local pizza place we like...I see karliann mentioned Aunt Maye so will go find that and read before getting my shower and preparing to leave..have a good day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning. Just getting ready to say goodbye and I lost the entire post. Talk about getting old Maye...this computer is killing me. I am sure it is a design flaw. Please make it a computer design flaw! Good to hear from you and hope you are back on a more regular basis. Karlinann, so happy to hear you are feeling better. Boffler what a sore night you will after pulling wallpaper. Tylenol!!

So won't repeat all I had said previously. Maybe it was the universe telling me no one was interested in the crap I write. Maybe but I am going to tell you we waited an hour to eat last night because we had to wait for bf get off work early just so he could join us. Oh Joy! We were the only table that had a guy with his baseball hat on backwards through the entire meal. As much as I hate looking at him I kept looking at him ya know? Anyway, we went in to look at her tree and it is so cute. I need to look around and see if I have an extra tree skirt. The apartment was spotless but void of couch pillows and knickknacks on the mantle. You forget how it takes years to collected 'stuff'. Now I have tons of 'stuff'. Too much stuff! The afghan I just made her is on the back of the couch and looks nice. The only thing that did not look good was...the guy in the damn hat!

Tomorrow is my ladies shopping day and I will be leaving home early. Boy am I looking forward to it! Our family Thanksgiving is Saturday but ladies shopping day with my niece and sister is not politically correct and is full of snide cracks and we find the same people funny. Not one person complains about my driving and we make the same wrong turns. Talk about knowing the back ways around the mall!

Need to find something to cook. Have a wonderful day. Going to hit 60 today.

Comment

Good morning..I am having a decent week at work. Our Chef adopted is a granny for Christmas from a local charity. I will be buying toilet paper and dish soap. We received a list of her needs and a list of her wants. I may chose something more if everything doesn’t end up covered. I am just excited to do this with my co workers.

Work today...working out...working out. Getting some dinner and going to church.

Comment

What a nice thing for the chef to do, Beth! It really adds to the spirit of Christmas for me.
          wow! my stomach is rumbling and growling and if I did't know I hadn't eaten breakfast I could ask the dogs who must be able to hear!

Karlinann, good you are feeling better and good to keep the appointment. Be on the safe side. so far, so good here with just sniffles from kids and nothing worse. Two sisters went home early yesterday for doctor appointments that were in the middle of the afternoon and the mom did not want to interrupt nap time. So grateful for people with common sense!

Maxie, that is so common around here. No one wearing baseball caps takes them off inside. I do see them take off their hats for a prayer, but I have seen teenagers wear their hats into the church building and not think a thing of it.
          However, the teens with cowboy hats take thiers off the minute they step inside the building. The baseball guys just take them off going in to the chapel...my boys did not wear hats except when playing ball so it didn't come up much at home until I taught high schoolers at church and then I told them to take the hats off .

I am running late. The Avon lady just came by. I forgot she texted me. but all is good ow and it wasn't an early daycare kid!
          today is our trash day and all the bins are out. Yard waste till the end of the year is weekly...the wind has finally blown all my leaves off the tree.
          Sharon, you are wonderful to do all the things you guys do for your MIL.
          Maye, so good to read your post! I think of you every day and hope you are doing well and David, too.

Have a good day, all. See you later!

Comment

Hey! How ya all doing? Glad you are feeling better KA. Sharon....sorry you have to go...know she isn't your favorite person in the world.

Busy as usual in the kitchen. The last two days I've felt drug out, but worked all morning with my girls. Today I'm feeling normal again. Had T start packing cookie orders for Thkg. We've never had this many cookies ordered for Thkg. Up to 35 pies so far for Thkg.

Had a meeting with the pastor of the Baptist church that has had a sign with a lighted msg in this yard for almost 35 years. In Sept someone hit it. They now have to jump through all kind of government hoops to put a sign back up. Since they don't OWN the property the sign is on, the state wants them to fill out a 7 pg application for a lease every year to get approved. If they owned the property, they could put up whatever they wanted as long as it's so many feet off the road. Cork & I have chosen the option to sell them that tiny chunk of land with a few stipulations to protect us both.

Talked to Becca yesterday, and she's off for Thanksgiving day and taking off that Friday too. She'll be staying overnight Thurs. Excited to see her. She only has 4 more weeks until she'll be done with her masters schooling.

Looks like Kathy lost her job again. Only 2 weeks this time. Not going to comment. Of course it's never her fault. She doesn't know how to keep her mouth shut & her opinions to herself.

Back to work...have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X