Tuesday, Novermber 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, Novermber 19

Good morning Rounders! I have a lot of congestion this morning and wish I did not have a routine dental, but it's too late to cancel. I hate it when things like this happen. Oh well. I'll drag myself in there and if I have something contagious they will get it. They are not going to bill me $90 for nothing. I only started feeling this at midnight.

Yesterday afternoon we went to the thrift shop and I struck gold! DH found 4 pair of capris right off the bat. I found the tops that went with 2 of the capris, and 2 other tops and a neat t shirt, and three pair of shoes. DH found 2 packs of construction paper and some Hallmark writing paper. I love the house slippers I found and the 2 pair of Espadrilles. The house slippers are the waffle cotton weave and they look new. I was able to wash 2 pair of shoes, but the black espadrilles have the jute woven trim around the bottom edge. I washed the house slippers and the green pair. I washed everything as soon as I got home. Gosh! It feels like Santa already came to me! I have been needing some new clothes, well new to me that is. I'm very thankful! And the best part of all is that it all cost less than $3. Yep!

I don't know why this congestion has taken a turn on me, but my whole body aches. Maybe I'm coming down with something. If it does not go away I'll have to see my pcp on Wednesday and I won't be able to have the little guy over here. Do not want to make him sick.

We had leftover Chicken Cacciatore for dinner and I cooked some Angel Hair to go with. Yum! Tonight is anybody's guess. Probably leftover pot roast.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! It was beautiful yesterday but for the next few days dreary....blah!

Yesterday was productive in the morning & late last night, but in btw wasn't so much. After the ladies left, I caved into my feeling like crap, and laid down.

Today it's just T & me, but I have a lot planned for us to do. Going to start with the pumpkin rolls. Making at least 10. Will have lots of ends to get rid of.

Pastor Ward from the Baptist church down the road is coming to see us once Cork gets home from work. Apparently the twp & state are throwing in a monkey wrench with getting their sign back up in our yard. It's been there for many decades, but a car wrecked into it this summer knocking it down. I'm assuming they are probably going to have to move it a little further into our yard. We'll see. I always liked their sign. It was lit and always had a thought provoking msg posted on it which they changed every so often.

Hope you feel better KA!

Have a good one all!!!!!

Comment

Morning! Lots of stuff going around evidently Karlinann. Not just the flu. Andrew has been stuffy for a week and I still have this naggy headache. Take care of yourself and rest but do see a doctor if it worsens. Congrats on your shopping trip. Lucky day!

Rainy this morning but suppose to warm up into the 50s. It has been gloomy the last few days but not cold cold just cold. Got my hair cut..I was late but she was running later. I left plenty of time to do the additional running I wanted to do but everyone was running slow. I had one package of advil in my hand at the Dollar Store and the gal in front of me saw that I had one thing and she had a cart full and I swear she smirked when she started unloading then her credit card wouldn't go through. I NEVER let someone with one item stay in line behind me. That does not make me wonderful but it does make me considerate especially if I am going to pay with a defective credit card. Can you believe it still irks me? I know, I have no patience but I admit it and do not carry a weapon.

But when I came home the house smelled wonderful with dinner in the oven and Jon had even mashed potatoes. Then I went into the living room and he had put the tree up! what a shock that scrooge had the tree up and light. Andrew was not impressed but who cares...he does keep adding to his list so he has some Christmas spirit even if right now it is running more into greed. He knows he is being outlandish. But anyway my tree is up but a long way off from decorated. I will fluff it for a while since it did not even come out of it's box last year. Fits perfectly in the corner I envisioned with just removing the side table and moving the couch a bit. So we have a Fall wreath on the door and gourds in the bowl but we also have a Christmas tree up.

Today we are meeting the bus and then going back home to pick Sierra up for her bday supper. We do not have to take the bf since he is suppose to be working. Then I can enjoy my meal...she wants to go Mexican..I can eat Mexican!

Need to unload the dishwasher and then will watch some of the hearings. Blues play tonight. Do need to run out for a bday card but if I just run to walmart I can make it a fast trip. Hope you are feeling better Karlinann. I am thinking about going back on the allergy med and see if I can kill the headache. Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Comment

Woke up in a bad mood with a horrible head ache! My parents and uncle got here at almost 10 last night. They left 530 this morning. Uncle should be in the air on the plane heading home.

Comment

I didn't even get the cleaning. They are not going to charge me and they said to just call in the future if you are sick.

She had me in the chair and had the bib on and looked into my mouth and said it looked really red on that side. She said that is how her sickness started and she had it bad. She said she got a low grade temp after the lymph node got swollen, and then the crud after that. I started feeling like a low grade temp was coming on and I asked her if I could leave and not get charged. They said no problem. My throat on that side really hurts. I don't know if it's my tonsil or the crud, but I already cancelled the art lesson for this week.

I'm going to bed and I may not post tomorrow. I just called my pcp and got an appt. for tomorrow at 11 am. I'll be in touch.
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            so grateful they put you before the dollar!

good morning!
          What a great trip to the store, Karlinann! the shoes and capris are what I am looking for. I did find a pair of cute capris on the Last chance rack at Macy's but you got the best deal! With all the good things I donate to Good Will I need to take time and hope someone else is donating thngs in my size. Dieting is hard on your wardrobe!

cookie, I hope the sign gets to stay. One: it is probably a good light and I like the messages the churches around here put up on their boards.
          What ends are you cutting off? I will have to check out the next pumpkin or other cake roll I make and see if I need to "even it up" if that is what you mean...I am thinking of making a pumpkin cheesecake for the three of us, but will then share the rest. We love our holiday desserts, for sure!

Maxie, you always crack me up! "do not carry a weapon" Like you, I always offer the people behind me with only afew items to go ahead of me. What is wrong with people?

We are having chilly mornings and then upper 70's so I am layered now and will be turning off the heat later on.

I will check back in later and hope you all have a great day. Eat Mexican for me, too, maxie. We have a lot of taco trucks and good restaurants here, but I just haven't been in awhile. Sounds good!

Take care and have some fun!

Comment

Good Afternoon everyone, seems I am good company with others and ailments, I woke up early was congested and just felt sick to my stomach so I got a throw, reclined my recliner and promptly went back to sleep, I feel a bit better now...

Karliann, so glad they let you go without charging you, guess you could have called and ask that question before leaving home, but seeing is believing and they saw it.. It seems this weather is being hard on everyone.

Maxie the world is becoming less friendly and less cordial by the days, will never understand the what's and why's of the way people act and treat others...I also am one that should never carry a gun. I always let people in front of me that have a much smaller amount than me and have even ran into some that say "no you go ahead you where here first and I am in no hurry".

cookie would say sometimes your body tells you it needs rest, just go with it....also hope they get the sign figured out you are a nice person and would never refuse the church to go something nice...your baking season has begun...I wished I like pumpkin anything, I try every year for a bite of pumpkin pie or a pumpkin roll, still a no from me..

Beth hope your mood passes, my mood is just dreary because of the dreary weather outside...wish for more true fall weather...

Time go go get something from the freezer for supper, last night we had chili and grilled cheese, still have another container of chili in the freezer for later.

Hope we all get to feeling better and a little more spunky, well Maxie is almost always spunky, LOL
            Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

hey,!!!!!!! its ME..
              my computer let me open the door!!!!!

me and this computer are not on the same page anymore.... this getting old is, to quote my father, .is "s- - t for the Birds.. my memory is beginning to pull tricks on me... the short term stuff.. I forgot where I stored the manual can opener . could not find it when we were without electricity couple weeks ago.. so I bought new one.. and immediately found the other three!.. AH.. and now the computer "updates" on its own and I'm left wondering where to go... most of the time you guys are Lost..

but.. today is a good day.. so good to read your news.. and say HI to you all... The letting others go first in a checkout line or be willing to wait behind a cart full. I do both.. UNLESS David is waiting in the car ,, I do appreciate the ones who let me go first at Groc. store when all I have is Milk and bread..
              Speaking of David,, His feet and legs have been taken over with neuropathy. should use a Walker steady .but takes a cane when we go to stores.. thank heavens for Groc carts. except he gets tired quickly.. Dr. sees him every 4 weeks. and so far the heart meds must be doing a good job.. Dr. hears nothing "new".. but I see he is slowly down, sleeps a LOT.. so I dont like to leave him at home alone very long or waiting in the car.. so my life pretty much is being in this house 24hrs a day.. not bad.
              I am crocheting on my "crib sized afghans ( and some a little bigger).. I'm on Afg. #14 .since Oct '18. ..still using the yarn Donna got at a garage sale!.
              let hope that the computer excepts this message .. and that I 'm back for good..
              hugs to you all.
              Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

Working...
              X