Sunday, November 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, November 17

Good morning Rounders! It is cold here! My blood must have thinned out more. If I'm already cold in November, imagine how cold I'm going to be when winter comes. I've got a bad feeling about this winter.

I've got 2 more art projects lined up for S to do this week. A turkey and a fish. Paula, thank you for the glue tip. I am going to make some Paper Mache paste before he comes again. I think he does a pretty good job with the glue, but I want an alternate paste for hard to stick items. We will be pasting real leaves for the turkey's tailfeathers and those will not hold with glue. We have some very colorful leaves from the house next door, Red Tip Photinia's. They will make great feathers.

Did I say it's cold? Brrh!

I made a small crockpot of chili yesterday and it was so good. We had it for lunch and again at dinner along with a grilled cheese. Good eats! Today I have no idea what to make, but it will probably be a roast. I love to just put it in the crockpot and forget about it.

Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all...like Karliann, Brrrrr, it is 22° outside...have no plans of being out in it today... Hubby and I did finish up a few grocery items I needed, he laughs at me with Thanksgiving being two weeks away and I wanted to have most of my shopping done for that.. Don't like being a last minute shopper..

Paula that was a nice suggestion for Karliann, you would know lots of things for crafts and such with your career..We have went from summer right into winter so my fall decorations seem so out of place right now, but soon they will be replaced with the winter/Christmas ones. I do love a nice white snow on the ground for the holidays, well other days also, keeps everything from looking so dull and dreary....if it snows for any occasions my oldest son can not come home as he owns his own landscaping business which includes snow removal, etc. he doesn't do residential properties.

Well not much to say so with this I bid you all ado and hope you have a good day...mine will be Hallmark movies and Nascar race...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning! Is a bit nippy out there, but with no wind, didn't need a heavy coat this morning.

Yesterday I found my floor & bed in my room yesterday. We spent the morning in town, then came home, and I puttered around the house. Cork helps with the laundry. He washes, dries, folds, and brings it all up in baskets....and there it sits. Now sometimes he'll empty a basket, but you'll never be sure where he puts things. I have a drawer or space for certain things. Anyways, I got everything put in it's proper space, ripped out all the stacks of clothes on his side of the closet, refolded it all, sorted, and put everything in it's proper place. Stripped the bed, remade it, and swept the floor. Awwww.....it looked & felt nice.

After dinner I started working on baking off the Amish Sugar Cookie balls. It took 3 hrs to bake them all & that was two trays at a time. I've got TONS of those cookies now.

This morning we went to church but not SS. Kathy was SUPPOSE to bring Blaise to the church for us to take him home. They were a no show. Now she has to bring him here. I know that doesn't make her happy, but tough tooties. My plans are to mix up at least 4 kinds of cookie dough, then start working on the meal for cards tonight. I'm making a casserole dish that we haven't had in years. You start with stuffing on the bottom layer, the cooked veggies (my Mom always used the frozen California blend, but I buy fresh and make it myself), leftover turkey, then crm chicken soup, and then a cheese sauce. I'll serve it with mashed potatoes. It's so good. I'll make enough so that I have leftovers. My Aunt P is going to be our 4th tonight.

Friday when I was dropping off the FieldHouse's order, coming out there was one of the gals from the kitchen. Her son was the one that was in one of the car wrecks in the front of our house back in the spring. Well he was there with her out smoking. He gave me 3 hugs and kept thanking me for saving his life. Sweet kid. I don't think I saved his life, but I did help him in his time of need until the ambulance arrived. The hugs made me feel good though.

Got a call last night. I was asked to come to a committee meeting for our church's Thanksgiving Community meal. I had told them I wasn't going to be on the committee this year, but would gladly head up the kitchen work on Thanksgiving day. Well the guy that is in charge can't be there, and they found out this past week that the food bank can't help us out with any supplies this year. So now they need someone to come up with a shopping list. Oh well. I don't have to do the shopping, just the list. We got lots of helpers volunteering this year. I won't feel guilty when I leave at 3pm. They are serving 1-4. They changed it from the 12-3 that we did last year. I have to get home and finish the cooking for our own meal.

Well, I guess I better get busy. Have a wonderful day all!

Comment

Morning..we are having a heat wave with temp being 39 this morning! But I agree that it is going to be a long winter since we have already had two snows and wind chills below zero in November. Sounds like you two ladies should have a jammie and fuzzy robe day!

Rode along with my son yesterday to Aldi's for produce. Boy that place is like going into a GOOD fruit market. So much variety! It was a crazy house and I was glad all I had to do was push the cart. People were pleasant enough but it was rump to rump in those aisles. I like having my holiday meal shopping done early because I do not like fighting crowds. I did come home and ordered a gift certificate on line. So much for Christmas shopping! Scott texted to say he was finished yesterday and I told him if I had a raspberry emoji I would give it to him. He sent one of Lucy sticking her tongue out and I have to find a way to save it. But I did get to use my Santa emoji.

Blues lost last night...bummer...3 in a row! But on the bright side I got my fast food. Today I have some laundry and I can always find something that needs doing. Enjoy your Sunday everyone..going to rain here later today and no sun expected. Have a warm sunny day!

Comment

Today is Church day. Am all dressed and ready when my SIL arrives around 11. It is our day to eat out after Church. Then who knows what we'll do after that. We usually stay out and about until around 4P.

The sun is shinning this morning. We've had cloudy skies forever, at least it seems like it. But then , after I moved up here, my SIL told me that during the winter they had a lot of gloomy days.

Nothing much to say, so will just hyope you all have a great day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
          X