Saturday, November 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, November 16

Good morning Rounders! Hey, Punkin! Glad you dropped in last evening.

Well, S came to visit yesterday and he was so excited to come. It's been many years since I've been around a 3 yr old and I forgot how much energy they have. He came right in and got up in a chair and started grabbing the things I had laid out for him. He was really into the glue. The first thing I did was take a tracing of his handprint and he wanted me to do his mom's handprint too! Then I realized at the last moment yesterday that the raffia that I had cut for the lion's mane was not going to glue to the paper plate, so I punched holes around the edge of the plate and tied the raffia on. I left the ears for him to glue. He did a great job with that glue. Then I had already cut out the Hoot Owl so I let him glue those pieces onto a paper plate. His mom helped him and it turned out so good.

He does not have sleep apnea, but his adenoids are enlarged. He will have to have a T&A soon, but they told her not right away. I told her that he should have it before he gets too much older, because the older you are the more chance of bleeding too much. I still have my tonsils. When I worked at one of the hospitals a 12 year old son of one of the nurses had that Sx and he bled right after he went home. My daughter had it when she was 3 and back then they had to stay in the hospital and I think we stayed 2 night's.

So anyway, we had a nice visit with S and his mom and they are going home for Christmas, all the way to Massachusetts. This was a new house for him to explore and he really explored everything. He went through here like a little cyclone. Paula, I thought of you! He had a snack of apples and peanut butter. I was completely wiped out by the time they left. We're doing it again next week. He is going to make a fall wreath of colorful leaves of his and his mom's handprints cut from construction paper. Easy! He likes glue. Isn't it hilarious that he told his mom before they came over here that he bet I would have glue! That cracked me up!

My poor fingers are so stiff from pulling that Oxeye Daisy out of the ground, but it aerated the soil for me with those deep roots so I'm thankful for that. That planting bed along the pathway will be full of Zinnia's next year hopefully.

I am already tired of watching the Hallmark movies except for the new ones.

I guess we'll have Salmon for dinner tonight since we didn't have it last night. Peace & Plenty.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...was out putting the scouting bag on the porch this morning and it is not near as cold as it has been. Still patches of ice but maybe they will melt soon. Looked around while out and can see blue bags on most porches. Blues lost last night in OT so we did get a point anyway. Play again tonight so need to break out of this 2 loses in a row streak!

No one will be around today to track in so might do some light cleaning. Andrew filled the bird feeder and said we need more seed. Those winged guys are really filling up on seed...started throwing leftover bread etc., and that is also disappearing. Squirrels have been chattering. Seems like they are talking across the street to each other. I have never heard that much noise from squirrels before.

Karlinann, I did not watch one Hallmark movie yesterday. I watched some of the impeachment hearing and talked on the phone and this morning I watched a really terrible Johnny Depp western. I think I really like looking at Johnny Depp a lot more that watching him act. Hockey this evening so don't know how I will entertain myself this afternoon. Could go out and pick up gift cards but more than likely will shower and put clean jams on which means I will be staying in. This week is my girls shopping date but that day is also the school chums lunch. I have no choice to make but should be more creative in my excuse to the school chums. Last time I used a flat tire and 4 new tires...not a lie but a reality that I have not received the bill for yet.

Punkin, good to hear from you...I turned on Blue Bloods after the hockey game and promptly fell asleep. Will catch it in reruns. Karlinann isn't glue an amazing thing? It has come a long way since my boys were little when you had two choices, paste or Elmer's. Now they have colored glue and sparkle glue and can even make putty from glue. And years ago I was awed at glue that dried clear...we have come a long way baby!

No weekend cooking and now that I think about it I have not had McD's in about two weeks. Only left the house once since last Saturday. Does that make me a home body? Maybe it is time to start the car and head out for fast food. That may be why I am in a crabby mood...McD's withdrawal! Have a wonderful day and do exactly what you want..

Comment

Good morning...brunch with family today...other that a quiet day at home

Comment

good morning and big hugs for Val! ((())) I hope you get some relief from the UTI's and the other things going on or not (seeing Donald).

My husband and Becky used to watch Blue bloods every week. I don't know why I didn't get into it, but I have made up for it now! Not even sure how I got into it, but I started with Netflix and started with the pilot and then Nov 5th Netflix stopped showing it. I was about to sign up for something else to watch the rest of the past seasons and saw that they show them on Amazon Prime video which I have because I signed up for Prime for all the online buying we do. (Which I did say we have to Slow down because of the cardboard was reaching my limit! I had to have a dump run because even with cutting it up and using the recycle bin (did not cut up good enough, obviously!) we had too much. some things just come in bigger boxes. My blame, my shame. And some businesses must run out of small boxes and then send little things in too big of a box. their blame on that, but still my problem.
        anyway, I love blue bloods! Not sure if it is the family dinners, the family loyalty or just the drama, but it is the kind of story line I like in books, too. On the few occasions the story gets too tense, I skip ahead 10 seconds until I get past it...I am on Season 6 now.

Karlinann, when we glue (and you are right: that age loves it!), I put a little glue in the bottom of a paper cup and let them use a brush to put it on. I have done it all ways and even with glue sticks, this is the way it has worked for me. Of course, having his mom their is the best! She will make sure he isn't painting his clothes with it or sticking it on anyone close to him I sit right at the table with them and right between the two I am most concerned with!

Today is a trip to rEdding to JoAnn's for fleece for blankets. I went to Walmart right after daycare and they had some really cute already cut fleece but only in 11/2 yard lengths and I need 2 yard lengths. The fleece on the bolts was hideous! At least not what I want for a blanket even to give away...so, I am going and taking my time. When I go with Becky we don't have a lot of time because of her schedule so I let her know that I can return a shirt for her but I am taking my time with my errands and she is fine with that. I like it when she drives but I like it when I can do what I want to do, too!

So, I may be driving through my favorite fast food, maxie: In and Out or I may do that Popeye's chicken sandwich I read about...When I used to take a day and do my Christmas shopping I had no problem going into a restaurant and eating by myself.

I made cookies for the daycare kids yesterday. They were an M&M chocolate chip cookie so the kids really liked them. And they were not a temptation for me, but some of the recipes I have been sharing on Facebook will be harder to resist. I am making an orange frosted cookie that I shared this week and will be sending most of it to my niece in the Sacramento area. She and her daughter live there and the daughter si disabled and needs a nurse and another caregiver.

Ok, I better get going. I have an 8:30 appointment and then I am going to Redding! Have a good day and Val, take care and let me know if I can do anyting besdes the prayers I keep you all in!

Comment

Good Morning to all...just finished up breakfast, slow go this morning...but he french toast with real maple syrup and sausage links...yummy. Hubby went with me grocery shopping yesterday, as the day went on wasn't quite as dizzy. Paula I wish being able to turn my head one position would help, Vertigo vs Meniere's is a little different, Dizziness caused by Meniere's disease Its cause is not well understood, but Meniere's disease has a classic trio of symptoms: fluctuating hearing loss in one ear, vertigo and tinnitus (ringing in the ears). ... Most episodes of vertigo with Meniere's disease are not related to head position as with BPPV. You can actually hear swooshing inside your head...its kind of hard to explain, but I have hearing loss from it also.

I do have a few more things I need to pick up at the grocery store, things I could not find at the store I was at...and want to have this all done before the OSU Buckeyes game. Making Chopstick Tuna for dinner, not a favorite of hubby's but I sure like it.. the 60's version. I also need to do a few loads of laundry...

Everyone enjoy your day.

Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Working...
          X