Friday, November 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, November 15

Good morning Rounders! The little guy could not come yesterday. He had to have an overnight Sleep Apnea test. I sure hope he is okay. Will find out today, because he is coming.

We went to my favorite thrift shop yesterday. I did not find any clothes, or craft supplies, but I found a Letters & Numbers kit that had not been opened, a nice folder for the 3 yr old to put all his craft work in, a few sheets of construction paper, and one of those black & white notebooks that used to be popular back in the day. Everything was only 75 cents.

DH picked up his new spectacles. The new gate system is working, but the line to get in if you're not a resident was long. That will be an ongoing thing.

I went out to the Bank and set out a whole 5 gallon bucket of Purple Hearts and another 5 gallon bucket of Kalanchoe to the bottom edge of the Bank. I picked up the splinters and threw them back onto the Bank. The wood beams are made of California Redwood. I hope I can let them completely rot and put them back into the soil in the future. It looks really good and we are supposed to get more rain and that will help those plants to get established. We got a little rain yesterday, but it was only a sprinkle.

I found a Roma tomato about 4 inches high in my garden yesterday and potted it up. That is a keeper and I will protect it from the frost. I threw a rotten one in the compost a few months ago and it didn't have time to compost. It looks totally different from any other type of tomato that I've grown so I know that's what it is.

Last night's dinner was Tex Mex and tonight is Pork Chops. I'm thinking of making apple pancakes for bkfst.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning to all...

Not much going on around here, still having the dizzies when Meinere's hits it can sure make things difficult...I usually do those exercises for Vertigo but it hasn't helped this time, and have not had a prescription for Antivert in a long time because it hasn't happened often enough...so I have not done my grocery shopping yet, hubby has an oil change at 10:00 a.m. after that he said he would take me, sure glad because I should not be driving for sure.. Makes me so sick to my stomach, spent most of day on couch watching movies yesterday with my head in one position....sure wish all this crap would leave me alone for a bit.

Well time to go sit down again, brace myself against the couch, LOL...have a good day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel your pain, although my Vertigo is postural and not Meniere's. I take the OTC Dramamine for mine and the next morning I feel fine. I meant to say I take the Dramamine at bedtime. It makes me sleepy. Most any kind of med makes me sleepy. Even Tylenol. Weird.

Good morning! Sorry you are not feeling well Boffler. Karlinann, I was taken back when you said a 3 yo had a sleep apnea test? Wow!

Can you believe how fast this month has gone by? I had better get going with my Christmas shopping. Andrew is finished but I have considerably more people on my list. I have finished up the birthdays between now and Christmas. Very poor family planning!

I think we need a drum roll.....the shelf is hung and it looks great. There are some things stacked up in there yet but I am working on getting it out. We will have a clean guest room for holiday use! Sierra and her bf came in around supper time and helped hold it. They even stayed and played a few games of cards with Andrew. He left right after they did so I was in bed early. That means I was up early this morning. Like at 3:00. This is a no cooking day and thank goodness the Blues play at 6:00 so I should be able to stay up for that. I see where someone tracked in so will clean that up. Question...how can you track in when it is frozen out? I have a dedicated family of trackers for sure. And another question...why would you start the dishwasher and leave all the dishes from last nights feeding frenzy in the sink? I dunno...just do not know but the cycle is to far advanced for me to add them now. SMH.

Andrew is selling calendars. Bf ask Sierra if she was buying one and her response is 'no, I'll get grandmas'. True. It is a big Cardinal baseball calendar and I like a smaller one with open date boxes to write in. But, you know I had to buy a calendar...how much junk and crap have we bought from our kids through the years? I always like when they sell candy bars!

Need to shower and be ready to hear the impeachment hearing today. Another school shooting yesterday. Holy Cow! But nothing will be done about gun controls or mental health screenings. Even out here in the boonies a kid brought a gun to school this fall. Scary world and we cannot protect our kids even in school. I worry about the direction we are going and how our politicians take care of #1...themselves!

These birdies are eating us out of house and home...I may have to invest in another feeder to feed the masses. I'll add that to my store list to look for. Have a wonderful day everyone. Boffler rest and hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Maybe I will get a bird feeder for the front yard where the window looks out and the kids and I can see the birds...Out back is where the neighbors cats hang out (because I hve fresh water for them, I guess) and I am afraid the cats would get any birds. I have a decorative feeder out there and two cats regularly look up at it. Like they are expecting dinner.

Ok, I wills ay good morning now. Had to say what I was thinking before I forgot it! I even write little notes when I have time on a post it to remember what I am thinking when reading your posts...too much on the brain, I guess.

Maxie, I have said it often: I was th epoorest family planner with the birthdays of kids wedged between school starting and Christmas. And no one to blame but us.

The fundraiser I like the least is the "raffle" that I never win and costs 10.00, but my two little neighbor girls that I see everyday come over every year with their parents and I can't say no...the next least favorite is the 10.00 coupon pack for the football team with discounts to places I don't go. I give that away and the football team is our high school and the kids are former daycare kids, so that one is one I always do, too. My other one I give into even though I don't enjoy it is cookie dough. jI use it for daycare cookies. I like the candy bars, though, maxie. You are right: they are delicious. Just no one selling them for awhile. When my kids were in Little League we were our own best customers. Sad, but true.

I am ready for the day and that means I better be ready for it to go south. right when you think all is well, all seems to fall apart, ya know?

I am not watching any of the impeachment stuff. If anything is really noteworthy, please let me know. I am just not up to the negative stuff when I have to be positive with the kids. Toddlers are hard enough!

My lawn guy came by yesterday with his trailer and said he was going to the dump and did I want anything taken? boy, did I! Pretty sure he knew what I would say: my stack of things to take out to the dump was piling up on my side yard. I had things from daycare that were not fixable and it is now cleared out and usable space again. No one sees it except me when I go to the garbage cans, but I am thinking if I plant something or just put some pots over there it will be a prettier spot. I really have a large back yard space, especially compared to a lot of CA homes. Especially newer ones!

Ok, I better get moving.
      boffler, when I have vertigo it helps to lay on my left side. a friend told me that years ago and it has proved true fo rme. I hope this passes soon.
      Maxie, hope the hockey guys are nicer than the Browns player in the Steeler game! Yanked off the QB's helmet and swung it at him!
      Karlinann, I have some yellow and deep pink kalanchoe out front that are just so pretty. I wish we could all see a jpicture of your bank and other areas!
      Have a good day and spread your joy!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Scott is an April bday and Jon September..however my mom was not a good planner with my brother in October and my sister and I both December. I hate having a December bday because I always felt cheated and boy I gotta tell you I hate a bday gift wrapped in Christmas paper!!!

My dad had a bird book and I have been trying to find it. Your little ones might get a kick out of seeing a bird and looking it up in the book. I did that with Andrew until he thought running out and chasing them was more fun. He did spend a lot of time with Jon looking up birds though. Gotta find that book!

Hockey players are not nice...nice takes away from the game ya know? Never call a hockey player nice when he is on the ice! LOL!

I forgot to tell you that we saw our first Christmas tree up in someone's front window down the street. Wow! That is too early. By the time she puts it away it will be covered with dust. You would be surprised how fast dust collects on things.
      "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen trees up too...mine may go up next week. Told Drew I was thinking about it and he said he was not going to help...hate when they grow up! Once it gets hauled up I may not trim it for a week or so...just like the soft light from the tree and the window candles.

Good evening all! (I would say, Good night, but then y'all might just go to bed. LOL)

As usual, there doesn't seem to be a dull moment around here. The worst of all things to happen was the murder of the daughter of a friend of mine a little over 2 weeks ago. Her ex-boyfriend killed her and then shot himself. Both were just 24 years old and they had a 5 month old baby.SAD!!!! Some of you might have read about it as it happened in Sterling, IL.

I have had a battle with UTIs and have been through severa; weeks of antibiotic infusion therapy. They haven't helped and the IVs have been bad news. The doctor has finally decided that I am not responding to infusion therapy and the nurses are having too much difficulty with the IVs! On Monday, I start injections of a strng antibiotic that may cause deafness. (Nope, I can't win sometimes. *sigh*)

As much as I hate my UTIs, I would rather have them than Menieres! I hope you get better soon, Boffler!

My 6 month old grandson, Jameson, has psoriasis and is just miserable these days, but he is always smiling and is soooo good! My granddaughter has psoriasis and it's been tough for her -both seeing her baby have to go through this and being reallu ill herself.

It is chilly (41o) and raining right now.It has been as low as 26o already this fall. I don't mind the cold too much, but I hate the rain - especially when I have to be out in it.

My sister has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks with COPD, congestive heart failure and a bottomed-out potassium level! I don't know
      if the low potassium level is creating dementia or if her age (80) is the culprit. I can't travel anymore; so, Igoing to visit her is out of the question.

I was planning on going to see Donald tomorrow, but the weather is going to be lousy and my friend doesn't want to drive for 6 hours in the rain, (I can't say that I blame her, but I admit I am disappointed.) We are going to try and go next Saturday.It is supposed to be cloudy, but no rain.

It's almost time for Blue Bloods! I will wish y'all a goodnight and go make my coffee so I will be prepared. I LOVE Blue Bloods!!! It is my favorite show of all time. I even have a big Blue Blood's mug for watching the show. LOL

Take care and have a great weekend everyone! .

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
      X