Thursday, Novermber 14

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, Novermber 14

Good morning Rounders! There were some very low temps yesterday in the northeast. Brrrhhh! I'm thankful that I do not live up there.

Cookielady, I was so glad to see your post this morning from yesterday evening.

I do not have yard waste to pick up today. It's a miracle!!!!!

I'm ready for my 1st crafting session with "S".

We did all of our T'Giving meal shopping yesterday at Aldi's. They had the Butterball turkeys on sale for 87 cents a lb so we bought one. It's way too big to fit into our crockpot, so that means I'll have to roast it in the oven. I hope it won't be hot that day. It's way too much for us and I do not like leftover turkey after that day. Guess who will be eating leftover turkey for quite some time. I'll try to talk my neighbor into eating with us, but she won't come. I will try to find out which elderly living in this community need a meal and take them a plate.

I bought those liners for your crockpot for the 1st time ever yesterday. I will use them because I'm tired of scrubbing that heavy thing after a roast. Why I never bought them before I'll never know.

Early yesterday morning I picked up another trash can full of leaves. The wind was strong and that really brings them down.

I think I already told you about the beams at the bottom of the bank, how they are rotting away. Well, when the guy comes and mows their lawn next to us he takes that riding mower really close to those beams and they are starting to give way and break down. I'm going out there today after the craft session and transplant some more of the vining ground cover that I have down along that edge so it can trail over the edge and cover those beams. That stuff is well rooted and will hold everything into place. Hopefully I won't need to remove those beams because that will be an expense to have those hauled off and/or replaced. I do not know what the HOA will rule on it either. I'm dreading it if that day ever comes. So I have to try and keep it stabilized. It's only 2 beams high, but it runs almost the depth of our property, which is long enough.

Okay, stay warm you good peeps in the north. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning everyone.

Karli, if your beams are railroad beams, you're right, it will cost a small bundle of money. I had taken up landscape timbers here, that were rotted, and it cost me a lot more than I had anticipated.

Well I thought I was done with my project yesterday a little after 3, but this morning I noticed I had forgotten the heater under the breakfast bar. But that won't get done today, maybe tomorrow or next week. I'm ready to sit for a few days, even though it wouldn't take long to do the job. It's dragging everything back into the house to do it that is aggrevating.

Today I have to go to my SIL's to have here write a check for me to pay my new medical insurance. I changed Supplement Ins., and the new company won't take a credit card payment. They want you to use automatic deduction from your checking. No way Jose. Did that once a few years ago, and when I wanted to drop them, it took 4 months to get it stopped.

Nothing of interest to report so will bid you all a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      They are 4x4 timbers. Thankfully not the RR ties. Phew!

Good morning...starting my busy day slowly

Comment

Good Morning! They promised some sunshine today...it's not here yet. Snow still on the ground, but I'm betting it'll be gone by days end.

Last night I did finish baking off the sandwich wafer cookies. Now to ice those million lil boogers. I do do it with an icing bag. I've got baking projects for today even though it's just me. Need to bake off the pecan pie cookies. Have to make 4 pies. Need to mix up several kinds of cookie dough for tomorrow & the weekend baking marathon. I really should pop over to Aunt J's to take some of my freezer stuff.

Jostoy...I think that heater under the breakfast bar is just perfect the way it is. KA...I've got rotting beams along my driveway. I thought about burning them, but was told that was good since they are chemically treated. Dang!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning! Much warmer this morning with temps already in the 30s. Yay! I looked into changing my supplemental insurance too, Jostoy, but couldn't decide what plan to choose so will stay will I am for now. It is all gobbledygook to me.

Wonder why turkeys are so cheap this year? Last night at Ruler they were 47 cents a # and they had a limit of two. I do not cook whole turkeys because we only eat the breast. When my dad was here he would take the rest and I could count on a pot of soup. Oh my, his soup was so good!! But we will buy a breast for the crock pot and I will pay a lot more per pound. If they are cheap enough I will pick up two because my family does like turkey and gravy and will request it later into winter.

I needed to grocery shop today so the boys thought we should go last night. Andrew doesn't want to go but once he gets there gets pretty involved. He runs ahead and brings back stuff and his father trails behind and picks up stuff and in the end I have a cart full of things not on my list. I bought a lot of my Thanksgiving menu and now will not have to go close to a store later. If I need one or two items I can send Jon...if I ask for to much it gives him reason to roam the store and the stuff he brings home...omg! We stopped at walmart, too, so I am stocked up. It is nice not having to haul in groceries and once Andrew sorted and bagged his goodies there wasn't that much to put away..LOL!

No plans for today. Yesterday I did sit and watch some of the impeachment hearing. Having your own opinion and listening to the crap is so maddening. I talked with my sister for a while and then crocheted the day away. She has her menu set for Thanksgiving. She has vegans and my brother has vegans so they work together on a vegan meal and then a regular meal. No worry about me touching a tofurkey or whatever he calls it. I did holiday meals for so many years and I gotta tell you it is nice to be a guest. I will cook for Jon Thanksgiving day but that meal I can put together in my sleep.

I dropped an open can of pringles twice on the floor so need to make sure I have them all up in the daylight. Can you believe I knocked them twice from the same shelf! Cookie, good to hear from you. It is nice you are so busy but we do miss you. Ladies rest and relax, enjoy your day. I a going to make my son fix a meal of scalloped potatoes and pork chops. Yum! Especially since I do not have to fix them!

Comment

Ok I am more awake now. I am pretty excited about my busy day. The biggest thing today the mers goodwill job placement/autism program has their big accrediting stuff happening today. They are going to my cafeteria to meet with another person in the program and having lunch. I am off today so I have been invited to come meet with them this afternoon.

As soon as that’s over I will meet the lady that helps me at my house. We will go pick up my grocery order at Walmart. Come home put them away and go pick up a friend. She and some of my other friends have and art show/sale that I will be attending.

Before and after those things I need to pick up the house. My parents are coming to town for 2 days. My mom and sis have a wedding cake to do.

I may or may not need to cook dinner for my dad. Depends on where he decides to hang out

Comment

Oh, the cookies and the food being talked aobut sounds so good right now. I have nt had breakfast or even a drink of tea yet, so my stomach is very interested in the posts.

Jostoy, I read up on the anthem Blue Cross info I got but it sure looked a lot higher than what I pay with United Healthcare..we had Blue Cross all the itme Gary worked and as a retiree. He called it the Cadilac of policies and I finally changed it two years after he died when I had not used it except for one ear infection. I will call my agent as soon as he gets back form his Hawaii cruise...we will see.

I am getting out my gingerbead recipe today to see what I need to buy. Like how much molasses is left from the gingerbread cake roll Becky made last year. It is so good! I have a whole collection of cake roll recipes on my Pinterest board. The first one I ever made was a Buche de Noel that I got form a walnut ad in a magazine. In the 80;s!

Not sure what today will be like. I could not believe it yesterday when two kids who always fall asleep quickly did not go to sleep at all for nap time. I believed it as the one had meltdowns at the end of the day. At least he was quiet and let others sleep.

I have a couple of meetings back to back after daycare and then the weekend is empty! I will shop Friday after daycare so I can bake Saturday. I have to mail a small gift on saturday, too, but this will really begin the season for me.

Donna, hope the cookies are coming together and the shopping stays enjoyable. I am not a super happy shopper but I do like seeing what is in the store more than doing an online order. I will buy my turkey this weekend. they are .47# or .87# depending on what store. The cheaper the price the bigger the turkey and I really don't want a 22 pound turkey. The year before last or so I bout the smallest turkey ever and found that you really can buy too little. So, somewhere in the 16-18 pound will be right. Only 3 of us, but we do like leftovers and I can give it away, too. I like the idea Karlinann of taking plates to some of the older people.

I hope we all have a good day and stay away from germs!

Comment

• jostoy
              jostoy commented
              Editing a comment
              You right, Paula. Blue Cross Blue Shield at least think they are the Cadillacs. They are super expensive. I get the F plan and Aetna was the first and only one I looked at. I will save $1300. by changing companies. And yes...all F plans are the same. No bills from Dr.'s, Hospitals, and no deductibles if you go into the hospital. I've never checked into any of the Advantage plans. They are probably cheaper, but when you have a possible surgery lingering, I'll stick with the F plan.

Yes, my plan, too!

Comment

Working...
            X