Wednesday, November 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, November 13

Good morning Rounders! I've gotten a bunch of 3 yr old easy crafts all drawn up and am prepared for many craft sessions for my little friend next door. I have all the components ready for tomorrow and it will be easy for him to glue on the mane of raffia around the edge of the paper plate. He is going to love it.

Not much going on here. I watered in all my transplants yesterday. We got a little rain, but not enough. The irrigation will water it good this morning.

Today is trash pick-up and Aldi's shopping day. Today is also the day that the new security gate goes into effect. I sure hope there is not a pile up at the entrance when we get back from Aldi's.

Tonight is Pork Chops with Baked Sweet Potatoes and Fried Apples or it may be Leftover Spaghetti with Meatballs and a little of the Chicken Cacciatore. It depends on if I feel like cooking at the end of the day.

Cookielady I did not see a post from you yesterday. Hope all is well.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning and a very cold 5 degrees, my plan is to stay inside, thought about grocery shopping but nothing I really and truly need..

Karliann, you neighbor is going to love crafting with you, very nice thing to do...
    I see jostoy found something else to do around her place, hanging heaters? What, where and why?

Maxie as per usual busy with her family, cooking, cleaning, planning, sitting down and just enjoying her alone time, LOL...
    Had my comfort dinner or green beans, potatoes and ham hocks with a side of cornbread yesterday, I was raised a southern girl and my Mom made the best of what we had, raised a garden, our own pork and chickens, don't remember ever raising beef. Probably why to this day I love having a garden and canning, no chickens, hate the smell and mess, but do like buying meats from the butcher shop, the one I go to you can see them butchering and cutting the meat...I have half a beef ordered, should be here end of the month...I get so tired of any meats from the grocery store..

I do need to make a list and gather in the things I need for Thanksgiving dinner, not that we have that many but still need to prepare...don't have close family around so its just us and our son and his girlfriend usually, sometimes hubby's Mom, her husband and his brother come up...

Well off to the wild blue yonder to see what I can get accomplished today, I really and truly need to finger shop but I get so tired of searching. So my wish is that everyone stay safe, happy, and content..
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      The what is...the front heater covers.

The where is...throughout the house.

The why is... They are laying on the floor.

My "home-made" brackets are working fine. Will start in the guest room this morning. I know I have 2 to make on the north wall, and it is a long cover. Haven't pulled the bed out to see if I need one on the heater behind the bed..

Need 2 in my bedroom, and have to make an "end-cap" for the one in the master bath. Then I'll be done. Just hope my back "hangs in there" until I can get it all done. My expectations are that it won't as it is still hurting really bad this morning.

Good morning...it’s beyond cold here!! I wish I could call in cold!

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      That is a good one, Beth: cal in cold! We all get it!

Good morning all.

You can read my comment to Sharon to know what I'll be doing today. We have again broken the record for today. It is 6 degrees this morning. The old record was 11 degrees in 1911. Yesterday, we were supposedly the lowest high temp in the nation at a high of 21 degrees. That is according to our NBC weather man. Tonight we will only drop into the 20's. A real heatwave.

Well I need to get busy getting some breakfast so I can get to working. Everyone have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't you have some Icy Hot patches for your back?

• jostoy
      jostoy commented
      Editing a comment
      My back problem is not muscular. It is spinal stenosis.

Morning...16 this morning but I think is suppose to raise above freezing today. Melt some of the ice on my front step. Grass boy came to shovel but left the ice and my son will not let anyone put salt on the steps....soooo, if I go out it will be through the basement. Thinking I will stay in again today. All the kiddies are back in school so need to cook something. I, also, have left over spaghetti sauce but I am pretty sure the meatballs are all gone!

Have a store list but Jon is off tomorrow...I could also get both buys out tonight if I felt the need but taking two of them into a grocery store doubles the bill. Blues lost last night but it was at home and I could go to a decent time. Remember last Spring when I wanted that poppy comforter? Well it was on sale so I ordered it and it is so pretty and bright...can't wait for Spring to put it on. Actually I can't wait for spring PERIOD!

No plans for today. Impeachment hearings start so will check them out but thank goodness for Hallmark movies to turn to. Need to check in with my sister and see what I need to bring for Thanksgiving. I plan to have all the groceries bought long before. As often as I grocery shop you would think I love it but I really hate it! And I hate looking for something with the aisles full of people in my way. There it is...I hate people being in my way both in store aisles and driving lanes.

Karlinann enjoy your little visitor. He will be so happy. Boffler stay warm. Jostoy busy as ever. All of you stay warm, be happy and have a great day!

Comment

I won't even talk about the temperature and just hope all of you stay warm!! I am dressed in layers to take off when it gets too warm for a sweater here. Trash has already been picked up as well as the yard waste and all bins are back behind the fence and out of sight. Some of the neighbors keep their trash bins out front and I really do not like seeing them right beside my driveway, but other than that, my neighbor is great so I don't even think about it too much...

Not sure what al today will bring. I have a daycare meeting I could attend but it is up in Anderson and will mean getting out at 9:00 and just not sure I want to be driving that late. so many accidents on I-5 and I would rather not go out in the dark.

Well, I am going to turn up the heat for a bit and hope you all stay warm on the outside and the inside! Eat soup and warm biscuits, I say!
      I have cookie dough I can bake for the kids to take the edge off the waiting to go outside. It is lawn day and who kows when they will get here or get done. Last week I just couldn't wait any longer and told them to just skip the back play grass area so the kids could go out before lunch. Hopefully, their schedule is better this week, but the leaves are time consuming and I get it.

Take care and watch Hallmark when the going gets rough!

Comment

Hello!

I'm alive & well. Just busy baking, baking, and a little bit more baking. Having the 3rd person has made a difference.

Yesterday we got a few inches of snow, but you'd think we got a foot. The road crews didn't get out and there were tons of accidents. In fact, Kathy's employer called & told her not to come in. Too dangerous. I just stayed in all day.

After Sue & Th left today, I ate lunch then headed into town to grocery shop. I prefer doing it myself. I've been giving Cork my list, and something is either forgotten or "not there". I also don't get questioned why I'm buying so much of this or that, plus I don't get around to see the good deals.

I came and after bringing everything in, I plopped down for a couple hours. Now it's time to get back to baking the cookies that were cut out this morning.

I'll probably be back tomorrow morning since neither of my helpers is coming.

Comment

Working...
        X