Tuesday, November 12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, November 12

Good morning Rounders! I did not work outside at all yesterday. DH had an insurance Rep. visit so he could ask all the questions before signing up for his insurance plan for next year. It will be Freedom Health and he is good to go now. He chose a different pcp than the one I have, and if he is happy with her I may be changing also. His plan will be great for his diabetic needs too.

After the Rep left we went to lunch and it was so good. Italian, spaghetti/meatballs, hot bread, pasta fagliole soup, salad and then we went to The Dollar Tree and I bought the crafting supplies for the little guy next door. I went over yesterday and asked his mom if he could come over every once in awhile and make crafts. She was gung ho about that idea and so were his grandparents. This Thursday will be our first craft session and we are making a Lion's head with a paper plate, raffia for the beard surrounding his face and construction paper for the eyes, nose and I will draw the mouth. I will also have the paper plate painted yellow beforehand. He is going to love his creation. I have all the crafting supplies in a popcorn tin ready to go. I'm excited too!

My neighbor behind me called last week and left a message on our phone and I didn't know about it until yesterday. This phone does not light up when you have a message. She offered to give me art classes and says she thinks I have great potential, but I just am not passionate about learning how to paint. I will artfully turn that offer down, but I will not hurt her feelings. She is a good person, but I'd much rather spend my time outside digging in the dirt.

We each had a piece of cheesecake when we got home from our outing yesterday. I buy it at Aldi's, a sampler, and it is so good. For $10 you can put it in the freezer and have a wonderful dessert for after a nice Italian dinner or guests at holiday time. I no longer have the desire to make cheesecake, but I sure do love it.

I will work in the yard today. I'm going to be transplanting Asters. They are wildflowers that are growing in my yard. They will be going in on the south side to add more native plants to that garden. We are supposed to get 70% chance of rain today. I'll water them in just in case. I also have wildflower seeds to cast, Pink Baby's Breath. Most wildflower seeds can be sown in the fall. Some of them will sprout this season and some seeds will not sprout until the next year. I just found that out this year.

Paula, will you please post the Pumpkin Roll recipe?
    Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning....Karliann I love Pasta Fagioli soup, when I make it I have enough to freeze, I make the pasta separate and only what we will eat, don't like the pasta frozen....always smells so good and serve with garlic bread sticks...yummy, one of my winter go to soups for sure. You are going to be surrounded by beauty with all the flowers...

Well right now outside I am looking at about 3 1/2 to 4 inches of that white fluffy stuff...kind of early for a snowfall but it looks pretty...we have white oaks that do not lose their leaves very early so it is till full and looks weird to see snow on it...lots of school delays and closings around here, don't think the snowplows and such were ready just yet since two days ago it was 55 degrees out.

Don't plan on going out anywhere today, will continue with housekeeping duties, LOL...older and slower for sure...but since Karliann mentioned the Pasta Fagioli soup I will have hubby stop and get what I need to make some...sounds great on cold days coming up...today it will be smoked hocks, green beans and potatoes in crockpot, will make corn muffins to go with it..I buy the smoked hocks from a butcher, they are so big they have to be cut in half...

I just can't seem to shake this cough and congestion I have, have already done the antibiotic and steroid route, taking over the counter meds, humidifier is going, Vick's vapor rub, etc., etc. the coughing interrupts me. Done belly aching and get this day started.
    Have a great day one and all.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Morning...temp is 11 with a wind chill below zero. The snow and sleet turned the roads into a sheet of ice and there are no schools in session around here. Jon called and told me not to venture out at all today but he had no worry about that. Sounds like a jammie day to me!

Made tortellini soup yesterday and not going to make anything today. Did the ironing and now time for more laundry. Oh I have always wished I was crafty or could sew...even play the piano but there is no talent in my genes. Good for you for sharing your talents with a young one Karlinann. Plus you will have a great time. Boffler take care of that cough and yourself. Is it allergies? There are still leaves on the trees around here and people are burning and the crops are not that long out of the fields so the air may not be that clean.

This would be a perfect day to bake but doubt I will even have all the ingredients in for cookies. I need to make a store list and replace some seasonings/spices. Well, to any of you in line for this weather stay warm and be safe. To those of you outside playing in the dirt and planting seeds remember us Northerners in the deep freeze surrounded by snow and/or ice.

Have a good day! Did any of you see the meteor shower last night? It was all over face book with shooting fireballs and even some explosions. Too cold for me to go out and look but I did watch videos others posted. Seems the atmosphere was perfect for making a good show.
      Last edited by maxie; 11-12-2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Good morning. I am on the couch under my comfy blanket not wanting to get ready for work. I will venture out for work and possibly a meeting tonight. Fingers crossed that the meeting is rescheduled.

Work yesterday was fine. A bit slow. I am hoping for the same today.

If I don’t have my meeting I think I will make chocolate chip cookies after work.

Comment

good morning from me, too! I have to keep reminding myself it is Tuesday and not Monday...garbage cans need to go out tonight. Our trucks come really early for the most part and I am not a run out early person. I need to Wake up before I do anything.

The craft sounds wonderful, Karlinann. Lion King is all over the tv, so kids always relate to lions. We will be making a tissue paper fall wreath this week and also gathering fallen leaves to glue on and then fill in with tissue paper. My guys are pretty young, so crafts here are for the 2-3 year old range and parents knw what to expect.

Yesterday when I left to daycare grocery shop I just happened to look over my shoulder when backing out. I usually glance around when I am walking out and if no cars are even out, I just use my back up camera...when I looked back and down: there were about a dozen wild turkeys at the curb!!! Did I already tell you all this? I took some pictures and then texted them to my family. I will probably post onFacebook today. Yesterday was too serious with Veteran's Day photos to post somesilly turkeys (imho).

My brother's wife and my son both posted photos of my dad and brother that I had not seen before! How I missed the picture of my dad in Dental tech school I don't know. I even tested my mo to be sure it was really him! So young! He was a Seaman 2nd class, so that shows you how new he was to the Navy. Just out of boot camp and just into school...I love remembering our Vets and the great childhood I had growing up in a Navy family.

Maxie, the Amish sugar cookies are an easy fast and Delicious cookie with easy ingredients...check it out and I bet youwill have the ingredients on hand. I over bought on some of our baking suppies so we have all the sugars we need for the whole season I bet.

Karlinann, I will post the pumpkin roll in just a few and use my phone. Getting the last few things ready for the day and then I will be off this desk top and into the daycare.

That snow sounds cold and Ihope you get the soup on! All of you in its path!
          Our turkey dinner was wonderful last night! I will also post a creamed corn recipe one friend brought. Youmay already make something similar, but it was a first for me and so good. Crock pot and not too many ingredients.

have a wonderful day! Boff, hope you can get that cough up and out!

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Just looked up the Amish sugar cookie recipe. That is what we always called 'mom's sugar cookie'! It is always the cookie I was ask to bake for bake sales when the boys were younger. That is the cookie I would bring to dance and gymnastics bake sales. I have given that recipe to so many people and never knew it was called Amish Cookies....

Good afternoon all.

Started what I think is my last project for the house this morning. I am having to make wall heater "brackets" as I can't seem to buy them. I'm making them out of flashing. Got 3 made today before my back started hurting to where I had to quit. Still have to make 3 or 4 more. Will try to get them done tomorrow.

We got 2.9 inches of snow yesterday which broke a record for 11/11 all the way back to 1929. It is pretty out there, but not if you have to get out in it. It does look like a winter wonderland with the snow hanging on top of the tree limbs. But the temps got down to 8 above last night. Haven't heard how low it is to be tonight.

Better get up out of this chair and into my recliner. May have to put some aspercream on to get my back to calm down a bit.

Everyone enjoy your day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
          X