Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, November 11

Good morning Rounders!

I did go out and work after all yesterday morning and got a lot accomplished. I pulled a very large Rosemary bush from the ground and put it in a very large pot. It had 5 branches that were rooted at the bottom so I cut them off from the mother plant and put them in the garden. They can grow and in the spring I will put them in individual pots or spots. The big Rosemary looks great and it will be much happier in that pot because down near the bottom of that hole in the ground it was very dry. Now if it doesn't rain I can water the pot with the hose until the water runs out the bottom and I know it will be well watered.

Yesterday was the first time in my life to make Chicken Cacciatore and it was so good. I had two helpings. I will make that again and again.

I had to dig out the robe this morning. I'm really concerned that parts of the nation are already having frigid temps and it's still fall. Stay warm all of you and keep the cocoa handy.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning Karliann and all who follow...sounds like Karliann had a busy day yesterday after all..

Yes we having a winter storm warning up around my area, have all I need if we do get snowed in which hubby says he never worries he can always get to a store, LOL...(typical male) Love fall so really wasn't ready for snow to fly, ground is till pretty warm so no sure it will 'stick' around, was 55 degrees out yesterday..in my younger days hubby use to laugh because when the snow flew I was out and about in it, loved being out when it snowed...to old now and get sick to easy...

Hubby did the vacuuming yesterday so while he is at the office this morning I shall get my dusting done and make a list of what I need to buy for Thanksgiving dinner, not that we have many family here, but still do dinner. Growing up I always looked forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas because both my Mom & Dad came from big families which meant I had lots of cousins to play with, families are smaller and less inclined to gather together nowadays it seems.

Other than dusting and prepping for dinner I have no other plans...get ready to watch snow fly...

I have to say that having a generator gives me peace of mind, but still miss having a woodburning insert...or a wood stove period.. maybe I need a she shed.. have a great day one and all...
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      We will do the big family Thanksgiving Dinner the Saturday before...to many weekend workers so we pick a time when the most are available. Jon has worked so many holidays that he wants dinner on Thanksgiving so I will do a small but authentic dinner for just us. He doesn't get the actual day off often. My sister will host 20 for our Thanksgiving Dinner and I look forward to the large group. So many conversations going on at once! Love large groups!

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      If you could ask Doug if there are any questions I should ask in looking at a used generator???

Morning...we had temps in the 60s yesterday and tonight they will drop into the teens with single digit wind chills and snow. The snow will start this morning and not accumulate much but with the rapidly dropping temps they say we could get rapid freeze on the roads. Where do they come up with these terms? Anyway it is going to be snowy and cold and windy and it is not even winter yet!

Was suppose to meet a friend for lunch today but think I will cancel and not worry about any slick roads. I drive all secondary roads to meet her and there is no school so worry townships are not going to be very good about treating roads. Maybe I will make a pot of tortellini soup. Think I have everything. Jon is working and might appreciated coming in to a hot pot of soup.

Went out yesterday and was looking for a fat 5 wick candle and found only one at Target....$17.99! Holy cow!! Refuse to pay that for a candle. I did pick up a roll of wrapping paper. And found a plain wooden box for Andrew and his valuables. It is a big box and I will put a gift card in it. I plan on boxing and wrapping all the gift cards anyway. They may be growing up but I still want packages under the tree. Once I taped one to a brick and boxed and wrapped it. Packages under the tree are festive.

Hauled up the ironing but never turned on the iron. Ended up taking a ride to Big Lots and Target and then was treated to Chinese. Have about a foot of length on my afghan and I really like the colors. Might keep it for myself. Was going to stop into Michael's today and look at yarn but that will wait for another day. My friend is back to working part time so may be off later this week. So anyway, I will iron today since it will be gloomy and cold. Karlinann you just have to be out don't you? Never a day off...they say the cold will head into Florida so hope you and your yard will stay warm.

Have a good day everyone...

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Maxie! I think all my plants will survive, but you never know. I don't sweat the small stuff. Have a good day Maxie Chick!

It has been sleeting for the last hour..I can hear it hitting the windows. Winds are picking up. No Spring, no Fall, tepid Summer and an early Winter. Wish those climate change deniers lived where I live. It is pretty depressing. Cancelled my lunch plans. Winter stinks and it is only November!

Comment

Yay for Veteran's Day and for getting onto the desktop and blue ink!
      I told my mom we were celebrating her as a Veteran's widow and the life of service she gave as a Navy wife. Months alone with little kids when my dad was out to sea.. took her for a pedicure and then to lunch. She thought I was getting a pedicure, too, and I did not tell her untils she was in the seat and feet in the water because she would have said not to bother.
      We picked up Becky for lunch and had a wonderful time.. My phone was gone and so no selfies of the event but sometimes that makes it better. Like no worries aobut how my hair looks, right? It wasn't about how I looked anyway.

Oh, Karlinann, my favorite rosemary bush is right by Baskin robbins. In a planter in the parking area and I may jor may not have broken off a sprig once in awhile...love the smell of fresh rosemary, although not always a fan of the taste when it shows up in bread.
      I had a nice bush of it in front of my house, but it really attracted bees which would find their way in the daycare. I let it get dug up and relocated to my neighbor's yard. I do have a sunny corner that could use it and some lavender that also attracts bees...

Becky is complaining that the weather is too mild. she is ready to have just one outfit needed a day. In the morning you need a jacket or layers and by afternoon you are peeling them off and turning on ceiling fans. At least not needing the a/c. We both have new sweaters that we want to wear but it just isn't working out, yet. All the snow in the Hallmark movies just makes us more envious!

Boffler, when I get up I am dusting the piano Again If I had any doubts about the need for sealing around my door, the dust buildup on the piano would remove them all. Daily need for Swiffer around here.
      I wish I had Doug or someone who really knows generators to help me decide about one. I don't like to ask for help in checking something out, but I did have a friend tell me about one his friend is selling...I will probably be passing on it even though if I knew it was as good as it sounds I would buy it. 5500 (wattage??power??) and sold for over 2000 and he is asking 700.00. But how do I know if it is going to last and this is the part of being a widow that is just hard...Ok, whine over.

We have a fireplace and used to have a woodstove in the daycare, but because of Gary and Becky having asthma and the ton of precautions for a daycare we tookout the woodstove and close the flue of the chimney and used the fireplace as decoration. I have a perfect stack of birch logs in the grate and the mantel can have vines and things that droop over the front...but when the power is out, pretty decorations do not warm you up!

My MN brother sent me a picture of their house this past week saying "It has begun." Beautiful snowy landscape that is pretty the first itme. And then it just gets old.

I have a pot luck for Empty Nesters this evening. The menu is for a Thanksgiving dinner and I am taking two pumpkin rolls. Easy to make and really tasty! I will whip up some cream just before we serve the dessert. I prefer real whipping cream so I might as well take enough for any other pie, too.

Beth, your idea for that Sherpa blanket for my mom is perfect.. No matter what I think it feels out, she is always cool in her house and that will be a great gift for her, although I will give it to her early...

Hope you all are having a good day. I am going out to clean the leaves out of the big potted geraniums and think of what else can be planted with them. I am ready for daycare tomorrow and will be ready for Thanksgiving break when that happens, too.

Becky is baking some muffins to take into work tomorrow. House is smelling great!

Comment

Working...
      X