Sunday, November 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, November 10

Good morning Rounders! I went out to the side yard and transplanted a bucket full of Vinca. I want that whole side of the house to have hundreds of blooming flowers next year and although I already have a bunch of Vinca seeds that have sprouted, I want more and more so that it will be a sea of color next summer. I also weeded. I will only leave a path down the middle for me to walk through.

That side of the house is where the Bank is located and it's just a sand pile basically. On the side closest to the Bank I'm planting the White Fountain Grasses. They will establish a good line of soil barrier to prevent erosion. They will add texture and motion to my garden and dimension.

My best news for today is that we will soon have a Starbucks open just a few miles down the road and I will be getting loads of their coffee grinds for my yard and garden. It will make a big difference in enriching the soil/sand that God has given me. I should see great improvement in one year.

I know that a garden is never done, but it will give me pleasure to have the best garden that I possibly can.

Today I am making Chicken Cacchitori for dinner. I don't know if that spelling is correct, but it didn't give me a redline underneath. LOL! We have cheesecake for dessert.

My chore for the garden/yard today is to level some of the pavers on my walkway that I made last spring. It is high and low in several places and when I walk on it with Vertigo it makes me wobble and almost lose my balance. I will tidy it up and make it safe.

I have finally figured out that after I've been out working in the garden or yard and bending over for several hours is when the Vertigo kicks in big time. After all I do have Postural Vertigo and it just dawned on me last evening why I get it so bad after one of those gardening sessions. Doh!!! Anyway, last night I was dizzy, nauseous, and sick with it so I took a Mucinex and feel better this morning.

I caught the new movie on Hallmark, "Picture A Perfect Christmas' with Merrit Patterson and Jon Cor and I loved it. DH watched it too. I love that little dog too! They present her as a male species, but he's a she dog. I also loved the boy actor. He will go far with those Hallmark movies. He is a natural.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning, a lot better than yesterday morning...I woke up with chills and fever yesterday morning, I do this often and its getting old real quick...spent day on the couch sleeping off and on watching tv...I seem better this morning...

Karliann, your gardening and planting sound beautiful from my minds eye, that is a lot of work...I keep my planting and such to a minimum, less is more for me at this age.. flower pots work great, LOL...very hard to maintain nice flowers if you are gone for any length of time.

I have no major plans for today except to maintain, they are predicting nasty weather for tomorrow 3-5 inches of snow, and the coldest of temps for Tuesday and Wednesday...I have nowhere I need to go so it will be flannel bottoms, thermal tops and fuzzy socks for me..hubby will be making a grocery store run today, he wants me to stay inside, I do have a medicine that suppresses my immune system I think that is why I am getting sick so often...I use hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. always have both in my purse at all time..

I do need to make a list for him, I went searching for some soup/stew recipes that sound good and will pick a few to make...one of my very favorite soups is potato soup and we had some delicious potato soup at Cheddars..

I really, really need to get serious about Christmas shopping, I love the season but the older I get the harder it gets to muster up the enthusiasm I once had. I do love making cookies and candies for goody trays to give to others..

Well time to get started on that list...have a blessed day one and all...enjoy the moments above ground..always something to be thankful for.
    Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, and leave the rest to God

Comment

Good morning! I watched that same Hallmark movie last night..it was pretty good. Took me right into the hockey game which we won in OT again last night. 7 in a row...going to make when we finally lose hard to take. Well Karlinann while you are tending your garden and adding you seeds and plants we are preparing for snow tomorrow and temps in the teens. I am meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow so am pretty sure the roads will be fine...or I would not be going for sure!

Sierra and her other showed yesterday. They drug out all her Christmas totes and the tree and the box of groceries I had for them. Everyone was in a good mood and seemed happy and we went in to hang the shelf. Turns out Jon did not have long enough screws so it is back laying on Andrew's bed. But supposedly only until Thursday when they will return. I gotta say it looked great on that wall with them just holding it up! I wish I had the wall space to hang it more in the public view. It is another of my sister's creations...she is so good with creating and paint colors and antique finishes.

No plans for today. Really really really should iron. Yesterday after the kids left I made a return at walmart and ran out for milk. My new yarn arrived and I started a new afghan. I have been ordering my yarn from Michael's and tomorrow I will meet my friend and she has a Michael's in her town. I want to run in and return two skeins of yarn and pick up some more while it is still on sale. Should be Christmas shopping but even Andrew is asking for gift cards this year so I do not have much shopping to do. Need an idea for my sisters. Last year I gave them gift bags from Bath and Body with soaps, candles, hand sanitizers, etc., year before floor size Christmas candle holders. This year I have no ideas. I was thinking garden rain gauges but can't find any cute ones. Seems I give what I want and I would love a garden rain gauge with a gnome attached....

Pumpkins are still sitting on the table but the Halloween welcome sign has disappeared supposedly put away. Picking up anything around here is a slow process.

Boffler hope you are feeling better today. Karlinann your garden plan sounds wonderful for next year...don't over do.
      Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Good morning..I got invited to the football game at lendenwood university yesterday. The college I work at. One of the players put me on his list to get in free. It was senior day. We won 37-31. In overtime.

Today I have nothing planned until time go to work.

Comment

Beth, that is just so sweet of that player to get you in to the game!
          We watched that Hallmark movie! It was filmed in Canada like most of them are. And that little dog will also be in a Feb movie. Handler was going to retire her after this movie but Hallmark requested her for one more. I guess everyone really liked working with her.

I am ready a little early for church , just need to decide on shoes. Not easy when most of my shoes are open toed and it really is not the season but it does not feel like boot weather yet...

Yesterday Macy’s had some Philosophy seasonal soaps. I bought a Pumpkin pie soap and one called Twinkling Snow or something like that. The pumpkin smells wonderful and now I really want to bake pumpkin cookies today.
          I also bought two containers of yummy popcorn from Harry and David on display for my mom. Whittling down the gift list. I bought a really nice wooden Nativity set for her and will give it to her on Thanksgiving. I am looking for a new flannel plaid shirt for her because she needs to replace the one she has.

I hope all have a wonderful day! Just imagining walking through those flowers, Karlinann! I love the description of what and why you are planting!
          Stay warm and drink cocoa and watch Hallmark movies!

Comment

Working...
          X