Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, November 9

Good morning Rounders!

Paula, you really need to watch that video I sent. Mary Berry said she was a gardener, but those GBBO shows are filmed at other scenic gardens in the uk. I don't watch the show that often, but every now and then I'll catch one and I really like Mary. She seems to be an expert baker, her and Paul Hollywood.

We are getting rain! Hurrah! Much needed I can tell you.

Last night for dinner I did make the chicken salad and muffins, but all we both wanted was those delicious hot muffins with the butter melting on them. It's the pancake mix and applesauce muffins. We will have the Chicken Salad for lunch today.

My joints are still giving me such pain.

I looked at the Bell Peppers again yesterday and the one that I said was fingernail size had grown overnight to the size of a nickel. I kid you not.

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Man is it bitter cold. The furnace just keeps running.

Yesterday was good. Didn't bake any cookies, but I did bake 4 fruit pies, and then we made 12 cream pies for the freezer. I did diddly all evening. Oh well. I did plan to make 6 carrot cakes, but I didn't. Got my hair cut, and I feel so much better. I don't look like a bush woman anymore. I don't know what they do that the next morning my hair still looks nice. I know...product.

This morning it's back to work. Going to bake those carrot cakes. I've pulled the cookie recipes I want to get baked next week, and I may get those mixed up. I told Blaise I'd take him to a movie this afternoon. Cork is heading into town this morning, and I ask him to take Blaise with him.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning! It was cold here yesterday with a high of 34 but going to be close to 60 today and snow on Monday. Hard
      to believe weather can be so confusing!! Slept in this morning...good thing because the Blues play late again tonight. Sierra is suppose to be by this afternoon and she just might since she wants something..her dad to haul out her Christmas totes and a tree. I am going to give her the smaller tree. Yesterday I did check and if I move the couch a bit and the tv a smidge I can get the big tree in the corner with plenty of room. In fact yesterday I did get a jolt of lightning and cleaned the house! I sorta lost my pep by the time I got to the kitchen though. Knew I should have started in there. I was shocked at how those dust bunnies were hiding under things and growing! Going to move a plant out of here and into some sun. When I moved in Jon had it trailing to the floor and nice and full and I moved it and that darn plant has been in a mood ever since. I am going to give it its own window and if still wants to be contrary I will threaten it with the front porch in December in Illinois! Isn't like that plant has given me any love since I moved in. Ya know?

Andrew went to his first jr high dance last night and I am curious to see how that went. Evidently in grade school you just run around and tease people. Wonder how much changes in jr. high? Anyway he hit his dad up for money and that cracked me up. He's a big boy now! I really hate that kids grow up so fast...and faster and faster.

I think the dish washer has a problem and maybe the heating thing is burning up. Jon thinks it is dirty. Hw does a dishwasher get dirty? It has to be what is heating the water but this will go on for a while until one of us gives in and decides to call a repairman. He has extended warranties so what is the big deal with men? Anyway, I will just spray stuff in the air until our lungs are full of sweet smellies or nasty smell or he gives in and calls a repairman. Now his father would have gone in at the first hint of stink and torn the entire thing apart and taken a month to put it back together. Which is worse? I could tell you a story of a dryer and how I spent 2 months drying clothes at the laundromat with the dryer spread across the basement floor. He called that doing his own repairs. Memories!

No big plans for today. I can sit in my clean house or finish cleaning the kitchen. The guys brought in the pumpkins from the front porch and they are sitting on the table. How hard would it be for them to each pick up a pumpkin and walk it downstairs? You know I KNOW everyone thinks I am a big crab but, geeze, when you do a half job I have to do the other half and I do resent that. My golden years are full of other peoples crap and clutter.

Well, looks like I have a bit of mood adjusting to do today so may as well start now with an early morning Hallmark movie. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

Good morning..I am going to a college football game today. It’s senior day and I have been promising all year. They got me on their free list. I am pretty excited and have my warm clothes picked out.

I have no other plans for my weekend other than work.

Comment

I just got home from a completely unplanned trip to Redding. Becky needed to return items ( online shopping!) so I went along. Went to Trader Joe’s and bought some Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Love that stuff! My last jar was bought a year ago in MD.

I hope to grab a bit of the cleaning bug and sort my room and watch Hallmark. I hardly ever watch tv in my room and kind of forget I can do that while I actually do what is necessary!

Will get back later! Hope to bake here soon.

Comment

Working...
          X