Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's sunday once again 27 october 2019

Hello everyone!!!

It's almost Sunday (in 5 more minutes) so I decided to start a new thread and not post in Saturday's. (I LOVE copy, cut and paste!}

Paula - BE SAFE! Get that generator! I keep telling myself I have to get one, but I haven't yet. Without a car, I have no way to charge my cell phone or Ipad.

I am trying to decide if I want to start my crockpot chuck roast at 4:30am or wait and have it for supper instead of lunch. I haveto leave for Adult Ed and Mass at 8am.

I did several loads of laundry and there are no dirty dishes in my sink! I have been dragging my feet about doing housework because of the Hallmark Christmas movies. (I love the 'royal' ones!)

I am STILL fighting with Medicare (who DOESN'T care!) trying to get them to approve the medicine I need for my nebulizer. They say that I have to be in a nrsing home before they will approve it. It was $394.00 a month.

I am sooooo tired of rain! I feel water-logged. Pretty soon I will be quacking. It is 72o right now and it is supposed to go to just 70o. (I finally learned how to use superscript! You CAN teach an old dog new tricks!)

Mr. Darcy is reading The Night Before Christmas!

Bethina: do you make your own apple butter? I love that stiff. I don't make it, I get it when I eat out. This Thursday, we will be going to IHOP for breakfast and I will get it then.

I hope y'all have a great Sunday! Next weekend, we have to change the darn clocks again! I HATE having to do that!!!! I wish they would do away with the time changes! Have a great week!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning Rounders! Punkin, I watched the new Hallmark last evening and it was so good. I have seen all the royal ones at least 3 times. I'm looking forward to all the new ones this season.

I do not have much to write today, but that it's Sunday and I'm taking it easy. And oh yeah, we got good rain yesterday evening. Hurray!!! Spaghetti & Meatballs today.

Yes, Paula, get the generator. I worry about you too!!!!

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good Morning! It's been dreary for the last few days. This morning the sun peeked out a few times, but the clouds are back. Hopefully no more rain today. Didn't stop us though!

My BF from Ohio arrived a little after 5pm Friday. She made good time. We then took Blaise down to Kathy's for the weekend and went out to supper at Mel's. Normally we start the weekend off by getting enough apples cooked & ground, and getting the apple butter cooking overnight, but since we weren't doing AB this year, we just had a relaxing evening eating pumpkin roll (Maureen's birthday "cake").

Yesterday we were up and working by 7am. I had 2 pies in the oven baking while we started since a customer ordered them. Got a carrot cake iced too since Mel's was out of it & a PB pie. Becca arrived a little before 11am, and helped. Lots of laughs. I think we made around 90 pints of apple sauce. Sent most of it home with her since they eat way more of it than we do. We finished up, cleaned up both the kitchen and us, then headed out to shop & eat. Now that Becca is all grown up, she's been joining us the last several years on that part of the fun.

Maureen loves to buy Christmas gifts for us, mainly clothes. I picked a new pair of dresser shoes to wear with my slacks mainly to church. We then headed into the clothing section and we had a cart full of things we all were going to try. I ended up with two tops, and Becca got 4 or 5 pr of dress slacks and a nice cardigan. We were headed to the other side of town for dinner, but Maureen saw the store Maurice's and had us go in there to see if there were any tops to go with Becca's bottoms. She tried on lots of tops & with her weight loss, Becca looked soooooooo nice in just about everything. Once she graduates with her masters this December, she wants to start looking for another job, preferably with the VA Hosp as a counselor with the Vets. We are just so proud of her. Maureen has a very soft spot for her & spoils her rotten. LOL! She'd do the same for Kathy, but Kathy fell out of good graces with Maureen many years ago.

This morning we all went to church, then Maureen & I came home to get her packed up and headed back to OH. Cork went down to Kathy's to get Blaise. This afternoon Blaise & I are going to the local nursing home to do their Sunday service for them. They LOVE Blaise. And he loves them back. May mix up some cookie dough.

I keep tossing the generator idea around too Paula. I think the power company should give you a credit if you purchase one since it's their fault you feel the need to get one. I'm sure the insurance companies aren't pleased either.

Good to see you Pumpkin!

Have a good one all!

Comment

Morning...much better morning than yesterday. Rained most of the day...not sunny and bright out today but at least it is not raining. Way to much of a winter feel to me!! Didn't stop my family from spending the day at Six Flags enjoying Fright Night. They came in late and damp! But had a ball!..nothing like having the stuffings scared out of you. I stayed home with Hallmark and my afghan. Blues played last night and lost to Boston. Funny but after about 2 seconds of play I hated Boston all over again. I hate that I am that competitive but some things you do like right from the start and I guess for me it is now Boston. And snow and cold...don't like them much either!!

Yes Paula we are all in agreement about the generator. We seldom lose power for long periods of time but it is an inconvenience...your situation seems to make it a normal thing. Can you claim the loss of food with the insurance company? I just wish you did not have to live through this worry on such a regular basis!

Karlinann I have spaghetti and meatballs frozen and we will have that one night this week. Should plan some meals for the week today and grocery shop but I would imagine the closet I will get to meal planning today is where I will grab fast food. Blues play again this afternoon so need to be home concentrating on the game and not worrying about future food.

Punkin saw where you had posted last night but was to tired to think about Sunday morning. You sound happy and chipper. What is with those Hallmark movies?

Cookie glad you had a great time this weekend. I am not a huge fan of apple butter but do love apple sauce. Actually we eat a lot of apples around here in most forms. Jon will cook down apples and we eat it hot. If I put a bowl on the table I heat it a bit and we use it as a vegetable not on bread.

Well today I will finish Sierra's afghan. When I know they are going to be used a lot I try to edge them in a slip stitch or single crochet, whichever seems to look the best, so will work in the last skein of yarn and then finish it off. Then will start on Andrew's. I bought enough yarn to make his blanket size. He wants to roll around in it and be able to play videos and watch tv with room. I am just so glad I have been able to do it again. Laundry is caught up and like punkin, no dishes in the sink! With everyone gathered here yesterday we should have hung the shelf but never thought about it. I need that hing to get this house clean...I know it is weird but with two rooms a mess why do the rest of the house? That is my excuse and I'm going to believe it.

Have a wonderful Sunday every one of you. Hope the power is not off for long Paula. Stay safe with the big fires around you...

Comment

Maxie is right..yesterday was nasty! We still did apple butter day. I think my sister said we ended up with 13 gallons and everyone got to take joke what they asked for. My parents and I left before it was done. I will get my jars tomorrow. There was lots of yummy food to snack on...My favorite was the pepper jelly and cream cheese.

Today I am still in my bed and under covers. Work later.

Comment

good afternoon !!!!!!!!

have been trying for so long to get back on here.. finally one of Grands and friend stopped in... all we needed was the right password .. finally found it among the many I have used.... have now carved it into my desk and hope It gets me here after I sign off.

I have been reading your comments so I don't feel like I have completely been gone.. but with DAvid's health problems , it has been a long spring and summer.. March, april and May were very iffy months. but he has slowed down the rapid decline.. he has lost the ability to to walk, unaided. cane and better, walker.. that is the neuropathy in feets and legs.. the heart meds are keeping him steady ,so far. but it is getting harder, more work for him, to do stairs. and go with me.. sad but true, we are just plain getting old. I have the bad knees and that makes me very cautious .. because I have to stay well.. I do the driving and ,well, everything else.. I do get lots of help from family and also found out there is a lot of stuff that can stay "undone".. .. I sure hope this name and pass work the grandkids found sticks... I will be back . have missed you all!..
            Take it one Day , one step, at a time.. cause that's all we really have.

Comment

What a blessing you all are! This morning friends brought over an extra generator and my side by side is now hooked up! We took pictures of the very easy steps to operating it and other than pulling the cord. Which was hard for Becky we both think we will do fine with getting one of our own! This is a Honda and although it looked heavy , our friend was able to carry it in and onto our outside area. And not as loud as ones I have heard, but that probably means not as much power? 2000 watts. They even brought a gas can with extra gas.
              Tuesday and Wednesday will probably be shut off days...
              My Mother did not lose power this time, for whatever reason. We went to her house and used our curling irons. Becky is going there in the morning and getting ready for work.

When I was talking to my neighbors last night one said, If you buy a generator it will probably be a deduction... Why had I not thought of that?! With all the comments here and seeing how quickly ice was melting in my freezer I had decided to ask for input from friends with generators so I knew I would get one..Now I know I will get one as soon as I go to Home Depot with my money.
              Not as glamorous as some things I want, but quality of life and not getting food poisoning are a good trade off!

There are some scarey situations with CA fires right now.

Our family bought apple butter but made applesauce. I don’t think my mother or grandmother canned it, but it was a regular side on our dinner table.
              And I prefer chunky to puréed. I make mine in the crockpot now.

So good to read all your posts. Today was the memorial I think for Jo. Or yesterday.
              I will be thinking of all of you and hoping this coming week is Powerfully Good for us all!

Comment

Working...
              X