Sunday..September 15

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday..September 15

Morning...lazy Sunday with a slow start. Missing Karlinann starting us off every morning.
    Nothing planned for us so will take what the day brings.
    Have a good one.....

Yesterday was such a good day!! I got to cook breakfast for my mom and sister. I got to take a nice nap and had dinner last night with my family.

Today Bible Study this morning....afternoon nap working 4 to 9. I kinda of like Sunday nights at work. Too busy to have drama.

Comment

Good Morniing1
      Val, you are definitely in my prayers. That baby Wesley is adorable! I am sure his angel mother is looking over him.

We are going to church in Anderson this morning. It starts at 10:00 but is 20 miles away so it gives me a little longer this morning to get ready.

I was hand feeding the two little dogs some pulled pork yesterday and forgot to drop it to the Chihuahua who jumped up to grab it and got my finer with the meat...So I am typing without using my middle finger that hurts if I hit the key with it...already found that out.

I spent a good hour at the hospital yesterday with my friend. She sounded and looked so much better. She will probably, hopefully, go home Tuesday.

I saw a pumpkin sugar cookie recipe this morning and will add that to my To Bake list. (not necessarily to my To Eat list!) Well. I always have to taste test, right?

Hope today is a good one for you all,
      Val, watch out for those crazy sprinklers! /bless you and your efforts!
      Same blessing to us all: bless the efforts we give to work things out!

Comment

Good morning!
        It’s 83° going to 99° today. Delicious morning!
        I cant believe I slept a full 9 hours without interruption last night.....but we had a gentle rain and lots of lightning flashes after the sun went down.

The baby shower went beautifully....if long. The Hispanic relatives all called me Grandma......apparently a title of honor. GD got many beautiful gifts. Among the things I’d bought (including a mustache pacifier), I gave her a small lightweight multi blue blanket with matching hat, and the slightly heavier green and white blanket......all of which I’d crocheted.
        ooos and ahhhs followed, to my surprise.
        She had a taco bar and lots of sides to feed the crowd. (I reiterate, people need to put taco spice in their taco meats, or you have sloppy joes.) I couldn’t see any tortillas, so I took a few tortilla chips, but the meat was too chunky to sit on a chip. GDs mom made a “Magic Chocolate” cake from a recipe on the web. It was SO darned rich, a half serving would be more than enough.
        As we left, it was damp out from a light rain we weren’t aware of. We saw half a rainbow falling from a smear of clouds. When DD made a turn off their street, we saw a second, paler rainbow along with it. We turned another corner, and we say a brighter puff of the other end of the rainbow. It really raised our tired spirits.

So that was the bulk of my day yesterday.
        Today I need to catch up on laundry. I’ve been interrupted from it all week. So today must be the day.

I didn’t get my major prescription in the mail, due yesterday....it might yet be in transit, but I’ll be calling Monday.

Oh, 2 of E’s favorite nieces and their hubby’s will be here for a visit in very early October.
        Autumn leaves may be turning in the Midwest, but the cacti aren’t changing color here. They have other relatives in the Phoenix area, too. Like Ellis’ twin sister, who hasn’t been in touch since I moved here. They usually come to visit every other year. They made the trip to Tucson to see Uncle Sille (that’s Ellis, backwards).

Well, I hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Paula, we were typing together.

Val, I did see your post yesterday, but the pic would’t open.
          Take care, Val. My thoughts are with you.
          Speaking of sprinklers, I recall one day in NJ, E came home from work and every neighbor had their sprinklers on.
          So E in his uniform and me in my good dress, kicked out shoes off and ran hand in hand through everyone’s sprinklers, and back. The kids were standing on the sidewalk, mouths hanging open, claiming they were mortified! It was so funny, and fun. It was a warm enough day that we weren’t even damp when we went into our house. Ahhhhhhhh....to be that young again.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

The trees are not turning here yet...leaves are falling from some trees but no color. Saw a couple of woolly caterpillars the other day and one was dark and the other light so sounds like winter predicting is still not a complete science according to the caterpillar world.

Jon came up this morning and ask if I wanted to go anywhere. What?! He must need a loan or want a meal! Anyway I suggested the orchard and he said he wanted to go to Big Lots so I don't know if that is an instead of the orchard and Big Lots was his destination all along or if I am getting both. Guess I'll ride along because you never know. Ball game is at 12:30 so if I go to the orchard it will be fine to miss it but if I just get dragged to Big Lots and home I can be cranky for having to miss part of the game. Need to fill Franks head with candy and would like to pick up some Halloween colored bath towels to hang. Then can go to Kohl's and pick up some cute hand towels. Mine have gotten shaggy looking suddenly. Amazing how you put things away and then the next year wonder why you put those old things up.

Back into the 90s today and for the rest of the week. Brought up some Fall decorations but wasn't much in the mood. I think it was the up and down steps thing that wore me out. Sounds like I am being summoned...off on my surprise trip...his destination or mine? I know I should just be happy he wants to be seen in public with me but what fun is that?

Comment

Good Afternoon! It's to be sunny and highs in the upper 70's this week. Nice! Good weather to have the windows open for most of the day.

Kathy met me partway to pick up Blaise after school on Friday. I picked up dinner at the Chinese restaurant. Normally I get two larges and they last us for two dinners and sometimes even a lunch for one of us. Well I decided we'd try a couple new dishes, so I got 3 small size containers. Mistake. We barely had enough leftover for one person, and it wasn't because the new dishes were that fantastic. Live & learn.

Came home and we watched a movie, then I got back to work on pies. Josh only ordered 26 pies for Saturday's farmers market, and it turned out to be a pretty day rather than the rainy one they had predicted all week. He sold out in an hour. Darn weather wennies.

Yesterday we went to several garage sales. It was so nice just the two of us. Nobody dragging or whining about us stopping at ANOTHER SALE. Worked on pies once I got home. Did squeeze a nap in there. We watched Road House w/Patrick Swayze. I remembered liking it back in the 80's when it came out. Was shocked when we watched it last night. PG back then would be R rated today. Still love PS. After the movie it was back to work.

This morning we went to church, then I came home to package pies and head down to the stand. They sent me home with some peppers and corn. Not in perfect or peak condition, but that doesn't bother me. Stopped at Aunt Janet's on the way home to pick up grease balls she was scooping for me. I've got lots of lard, now I'm ready for margarine balls with cookies on the agenda this week. Mixed up a dbl batch of Mickie's cottage cheese bread. Now I've got chili on simmering. Will be distributing most of the chili to friends & family. I surely can't eat that much and I can't make a small pot of it. Taking some to Kathy when I get Blaise and made Matt a pie since I know he won't eat the chili.

I feel a nap coming on. Maybe while the bread is doing it's second rising. No cards tonight.

Have a good one all!

Where are you KA?
              Val...your GGS is adorable. It was nice hearing from you.
              Paula...I can't just TASTE one.
              Jo...I was at a garage sale a couple months ago & saw this kitchen tool that you use while browning your hamburger. No more trying to chop up the meat as you brown it. This tool does a nice job of it while you are browning your meat. No more big chunks. Does Ellis' sister know that you've moved up?

Have a good one all!

Comment

Yes, E’s sister knows I’m here. I have sent everyone cards or notes with my new address. I even called to let her know when E passed away, and the girls would let her know when they set up his memorial gathering. Yes, she attended. She did say a few nice words to me there. But nothing since.
                E & I never figured out why, after we moved to AZ, she treated us like mortal enemies. I’ll probably never learn why.

That hamburger tools would make nice Christmas gifts for the girls. I heard you can use your potato masher for the same purpose.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Well my day went a bit sideways. I was on my way to pick up Blaise from Kathy, and a deer leaped onto my car. Totally wrinkled the hood & cracked the windshield. Did other damage too. I was fine & made a controlled stop, then I cried. I think I screamed when it initially happened. Thank goodness my airbag didn't pop. I think I would have been hurt then & there wouldn't have been a controlled stop. My car had to be towed and the police called. I think my family was more shook up than I was. I think they realized it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

Yes, it could have been much worse, Cookie. I’m glad you are okay after all that.
                    (It would only be fair if the police would find and give that deer a ticket for being a safety hazard, and for leaving the scene of an accident.)
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                    X