Saturday Sept 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Sept 14th

Good Morning! Opening the door. I'll be back later.

Good morning everyone.

I think today will be a lazy one or at least very small jobs. I have to put new hinges on the guest bathroom door. So I may do that today, and possibly run the Swiffer over the floors.

This evening my SIL and I are going to see what times the other 2 churches that she wants to visit start Sunday morning. Then we will eat out somewhere.

Other than that, not much going on so hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Morning...oh, my, did it cool off yesterday and with the lower humidity it was almost cold! Only a few days reprieve then back to the fall heat wave next week. The boys did a bit of yard work and the back is looking a lot less shabby. Trimmed some hanging branches and emptied all the flower pots. Pulled weeds and weed eated the places the grass boy missed. Jon wants to fire him but also wants him to shovel snow this winter. There is no reason we had to hire a grass boy anyway. These 2 were perfectly capable of pushing a mower.

Think I will bring out my Halloween today. Drew brought up Frankenstein..he has feet and a bucket head that I put candy in. He stands by the front door. Mommy dearest gave Frank to me when Sierra was a little girl so one day I will pass it on...but not today! He has an empty head so I will fill it with something next time I shop. Need to pick up a mum for the pumpkin basket on the front porch. Apples are in at the produce stand so will either stop there or maybe I can get my son to drive up north to the orchards. We aren't picking but they always have crafts and those beautiful freshly picked apples.

Well nothing going on around here..Cards won last night and Blues are in training camp. That means things are great in my world. Have a wonderful weekend.

Comment

Cubs won too so I am happy. Mom and dad are here. I have already had a nap. Daddy and the dog were up around 230 and I heard them. Never rested well after that.

Today Josie the dog graduates obedience school. It’s also my nieces 15 birthday. We are going to dinner tonight to celebrate.

I am just chilling out until to go eat tonight.

Comment

Good morning....
          Today it’ll be 104° and supposed to have thunderstorms tonight. Tomorrow should bring double digits for a few days. I’ll take that for now. When autumn actually hits, we should be significantly in the double digits til spring.

Nothing much going to happen here today. But at 2 o’clock we will be at the baby shower. So my biggest job will be to pick out my outfit and fix my hairdo, and be ready to leave when my DD arrives.

Hoping you all have a great Saturday! ☕️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            That is a fun job!! Enjoy the shower and have fun!

Oh, Fall is in the air and I would love to go to apple Hill and get some wonderful apples. The best time is next month when all the varieties are available, but the drive is not one I can do alone and the one road in and out of the orchard area has been a nightmare in the past two years we went. If we go it will be to get there Early. I just wish someone would ask me what kind of apples I want and bring them back!

Spencer (in MD) texted me he may have a week's business trip to Petaluma next month and will come a weekend early to visit here. Petaluma is north of San Francisco and would be a nice getaway. HIs new promotion to Director of Operations combines his finance skills with his management skills and will give him more travel time.

I have one appointment and the dogs have one...which makes for a day close to home or at least keeping everything within the times the dogs have to be picked up...so my idea to go to Redding will mean a later day than I had thought which means I may just cancel it. I really want to go up there and shop by myself (Becky does not like Costco and that is where I want to go!)

I put up some Fall decorations yesterday. My big arrangement for the top of the armoire in the living area and that meant finding a place for the summer pitcher of flowers and picture that was up there. Going to the holiday decorating class the other night really got me enthused for the seasons. Some really cute witches and Halloween stuff, Maxie! I have some ceramic pieces that I made way back when my kids were little and everyone was taking classes and cleaning the greenware and then painting things. I have a ghost candy dish and a cute spider that has a big pompom for his back. I also have cute reindeer for the next holiday that I still love. these are old pieces that have somehow survived our moves and my storage (haphazard at best).

Food is not on my mind for once, but is something I want to go to Costco for. I had some wonderful short ribs last Monday at the pot luck I attended. the hosts said they bought them in a package at Costco already cooked and then you put them in the oven for 20 or so minutes. They were way meatier than the ones I have been buying (and not at all satisfying). My grandmother and mother always cooked short ribs and it is a meal I grew up with and always one with good memories.

I guess food is on my mind! Becky wants to bake cookies tomorrow and I want to try a sugar cookie I found. Then we will decide if we really want a new oven. She does not think this one bakes well and I will see after I bake later today.

The temperature yesterday was a high of 94, which made for a good swim this morning. I love doing a morning swim and I will use every day I have until it is just too cold in the pool. The latest we have been in the pool is 15th of Oct and the earliest was somewhere around the 20th of April.

My other good thing about today is I started a new book yesterday and I love it! I guess I am in a new genre that is kind of like a Hallmark movie genre:comedy drama in a modern setting.

I hope today is a good day for all of you!
          Glad the menu is looking up, Jo. The cat crochet got my attention! Maybe can you post a picture?
          Maxie, I always want to go out to eat with you and your family. Just sounds like a fun group.
          Beth, I hope you have a great relaxing day and enjoy your family time.
          Cookielady, just saying your name makes my mouth water. I am dieting seriously now to be able to enjoy your baked goodies!
          Jostoy, I am looking at YOuTube to see if I can replace a few tiles that have cracked. Pretty sure I can and will just need to see what the supplies are that I need. I have the extra tiles.

See you all later and tomorrow!!!

Comment

This is Wesley. He is Jessica’s son. She died soon after he was born. He turned 2 On 5 September. His dad is
            holding him. 6B3519B4-09EB-4980-8DCC-6886E242EF92.jpeg Good evening, everybody. It’s been a while. It’s been a proverbial roller coaster for me and I promise I will spare you most of the details. The only thing that has been constant around here is the rain! (But, God has a sense of humor. It didn’t rain today so; when I went to Mass this morning, they had the sprinklers on and I got soaking wet anyway. LOL)

Tuesday will be my 56th wedding anniversary and Bob is still with my former “friend.” GRRRR

I have developed some ‘annoying‘ health issues and apparently my doctor and my home health nurse have decided that I will have to be going into assisted living. I am not happy about the decision, but I can’t (won’t) fight it at this point. Bob doesn’t have a clue, but I will have to break the news to him fairly soon.

At this point, my vision is barely sustainable and my hearing is rotten. But it is God is teaching me what my mother went through for several years before she she passed away. I guess the good news is that He is teaching me empathy.

This post is really messing up! I hope I don’t lose it! I think I will quit while I am ahead! I hope everybody has a beautiful rest of the weekend. I will come back when I am able. Just keep me in your prayers and all your good thoughts.

Attached Files
            "God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
            X