Friday September 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday September 13

Morning! Flying through this morning. Have an early appointment then meeting Sierra for breakfast.

Good morning I am also running through. I need to start getting ready for work. Mom will make eggs for breakfast if I ask. I will be asking

Comment

Breakfast sounds good, you two! Not sure what mine will be, yet. Some kind of eggs, but not sure how to fix. The kids like scrambled but I get a little tired of them.

I have one toddler who will be with his grammy today and that is one diaper less, one late pick up less, and one less monkey see-monkey do less! So it should be a pretty good day!

I went swimming this morning and counted to see exactly how many laps it takes to stir up the warmer water. 2 1/2. So the initial wanting to gasp when I get in the pool is over pretty soon. And the it just feels great and a wonderful way to wake up.

I have clothes in the washer and a bathroom to clean, but I am good and ready to start my day.

Hope all goes well with your day, friends!

Comment

Good morning.
        Sunny day ahead....yay! The TV weather people are saying we should get rain tomorrow thru Monday. The weather map just shows “partly cloudy” on those days. Mother Nature is quite the tease. I’d bed no rain will fall in our area.
        But I kind of sense that cooler weather is coming. Yay for that, too.

I had had a couple of Eggos with butter and jelly for breakfast. That and my mocha. Some mornings I have hot Ceylon tea. I think I’ll make egg salad for lunch.

I have calls to make today. For meds. For new appointments. I’m hoping my doctors nurse will return my call this morning.
        i just now got a call for “my car’s warranty expiring”. Again. I do not own a vehicle any more.
        I also have laundry to catch up on. Plus my crocheting group.

Also, I should apologize to you for having to read my recent gripes about some things here. Particularly the kitchen. I’m sorry, I will try to avoid that. I’ll be trying to change those things anyway. Someone has to do it.

Well, it’s past time for me to get dressed and get my day started.
        I hope you all have an awesome day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          I don’t see it as a gripe but a cause for concern. 1. At Senior age nutrition is so important and if the food is not sufficiently appetizing then people will not eat.
          2. A check of the garbage or uneaten trays, plates should be an easy poll.
          3. Kitchen staff could walk around during meals and see how many people are coming in to eat and how much is eaten.
          Tell your fellow diners to be positive when saying how they feel about the food.
          You are not being Whitney!

Thanks, Paula.
        The wait-staff does walk around, but I’m not sure that they take our complaints to the cook. I notice a few walk around to find a Senior to chat with so they can skip some of their kitchen duties. Other staff are often called over for their beverage or wine refill. I’ve seen 2 waitresses strike up a conversation behind a pillar close to us....they were loud enough we couldn’t hear our own conversation. Ms Sunshine asked them 3x to quiet down, then reported them. One was fired. She had 3 waitresses fired altogether for unnecessary loudness or possible drugs. I’m sure that’s the kind of stuff that is checked and dealt with more quickly in regular restaurants.
        But yes, more flavor (not salt!) is needed, a better variety of veggies too. I would like to see more seniors at mealtimes.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Back but nothing much to report. The day seems off since I did not get my glumping time this morning. Some habits are hard to change and can put off your entire day. So far my Friday the 13th has been lucky. Bf decided not to join us for breakfast and even though the meal itself was horrible the company was good. Came home to find my street closed for oiling. One way in and the same way out so ended up driving to a church parking lot and talking with my sister. A cool front came through and lowered the humidity until Sunday. Amazing how you can feel the difference. No cooking since it is Friday so another lucky thing. No bills in the mail and I got a text from my granddaughter thanking me for her goodie box. All in all it has been a pretty good day.

I'm kinda hungry so maybe we will order pizza after Drew leaves. Ballgame tonight. Hope your Friday the 13 has been as good as mine.

Comment

I forgot it was Fri 13th today!
            After crocheting with the gals, I went to lunch, surprised to see that the dining room was more than half filled. A good sign!
            i guess the Head Chef is back from vacation. I thought I saw her earlier, but the elevator closed before I could reach her.
            The food was good! I chose the Fisherman’s platter. A small fillet of cod fish and 4 large shrimp with large home fries....comes with 3 dips, tartar sauce, seafood sauce (only a bit spicy), and ketchup. I was filled up after eating the fish, so I boxed the fries and got pear crisp ala mode to go. I’ll heat the fries later for dinner then get the dessert out of the freezer.
            (Tomorrow I’ll ask for the beef stroganoff and roasted cauliflower! Cake a la mode sounds good too.)

The gals in crocheting loved my granny square blanket, a bold rainbow of colors, each round a different color, as well as a baby’s hat with matching mini blanket the baby can cuddle up with. I told the experienced knitter she could take those and give them to the charity she gives to. They loved the pile of “block” squares, identical cats - each a different color on white -
            that I am crocheting crocheting together for my daughter. She says she doesn’t want an entire blanket, just something to lay across the foot of her bed.

So today is a very good one after all for me!
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
            X