Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday...Sept. 12

Good morning everyone.

Ok, the door is now open so you can post away.

Got the garage floor done Tuesday, but still have the driveway to do. It was forecasted to rain yesterday evening, so didn't start on it. Didn't see a drop of rain, and now the weather weenie says the same for today and tomorrow. So I'll try again next week.

Got my laundry all done yesterday while waiting for the rain. Also the phone man came and put in a new box and battery. the battery was going off every 15 minutes since Sunday afternoon. Of course putting in the new box now causes me to have to paint where the old box was. So tired of other people causing me more work. Just when I think I'm about done for the year. BUT I do have the matching paint at least.

Time to get my breakfast and then get busy doing something. Hope all have a wonderful day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 09-12-2019, 07:38 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning

Comment

Morning...Another hot and sunny day in store for us. So hot we need rain...me asking for rain? Holy cow! Boys have been swimming every evening after supper.

Yesterday was a wonderful day at the bday lunch. So many laughs and carrying on. My sister and I got lost in town and could not find the place. I had texted my brother the night before and I thought he sent great directions because I sorta knew that end of town. First he says take the first right after walmart...which we did and ended up in a complex of ball fields. You know what he says? Well, I meant the first right after walmart that wasn't the ball fields. Really? We couldn't find the streets he told us to turn onto and ended up going to his house and following him. Then when we get the restaurant my cousin says she is happy to see we made it...I thought that that was smart alecky, lol, but she bursts out laughing that she saw us going through intersections driving like old ladies obviously lost. She says she also has the family directionally impaired disease. It must really be a gene thing because my uncle is pointing at the aunt hosting the party for her sister and my brother says he felt better knowing it just wasn't his knuckleheaded sisters who were constantly lost. My sister and I only travel together because we understand being lost, we build it into our drive time...haven't been called knuckleheaded in a long time! When my sister called him we were lost I hear her say to him 'honey don't you dare say south to me'..! Why do people say turn south or north? Smart alecks who always know where they are! But we had a wonderful afternoon and I did not have to cook. Andrew did not want to eat out but fixed himself Ramon noodles and hit the pool. Good evening!

Today I have to run out and pick up a Kielbasa for supper...Andrew's request...I do not touch the stuff. He just wants mac and cheese with it and his dad is happy with that. Me too! Afternoon ball game and we have lost 3 in a row! Not good! I will do laundry while the game is on. Andrew ask if I will take my clothes out of his closet...he doesn;t have enough room for his junk. Well, it is his closet...but he just wants room for more junk...so we discussed that. He gets what he wants normally but I wonder if he will be happy if I pile them on his bed? HEHE...

Good to see you bright and early Jostoy, glad you started us off. Beth ran through quickly. I have things to do but first another cup of coffee and see if creepy cat is still here. He stalked me while telling my sister goodbye and she said what is with that is a creepy cat. I don't know!! He was back in the evening across the street staring. Normally I do not believe in paranormal or vampires or anything but I gotta tell you this is a creepy cat!! So Strange that he picked us.
      Last edited by maxie; 09-12-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        lol!!! "Honey, don't you dare say south to me!!!"
        Becky will love this! she is so directionally challenged it is hard to realize she is so smart in most others areas!

good morning. I woke up with a pain in my back and I am moving carefully. I put some pain cram on it and it is doing better right now. I did not swim this morning and not sure if I will tonight. My back will decide.

The decoration class at House of Design was very therapeutic. I sat by myself and about froze from the air conditioner, but that helped me stay awake! I bought a few things but got so many ideas as how to use the many items I have form there, just in different arrangements. I also was looking through my phone for some pictues yesterday and found one that I really liked the mantel I had decorated for Fall. I was looking for something else and found one of me standing in front of the fireplace and now will add some lights and Fall leaves to make it like it was about 4 years ago!

I want to make a cabbage dish today but now can't find where the two heads of cabbage were put, so will need to go search the two refrigerators...Becky puts her lunches and work food up front and other things get shoved around..

Yesterday was good and I am glad I got that wanting to do someone a favor over and done with! I will wait a bit to text the mom and tell her it will not work out for the preschool holiday schedule for Abby to come here. I am not saying more and she can think whatever: it easily oculd be that I won't have room. This is the child who would come with her mom's ipad and phone because "it is easier that way." Not on me trying to keep it form being walked on when Abby would just leave it on the floor. She was 3 at that time!

Ok, onward and upward !!
      To the kitchen I go and keeping my pain cram with me and taking it a little slow and enjoying the day and the kids!
      Hope you all have something to do and enjoy today, too...who am I kidding? Most of you have a lot to do and are quite an example of strong women!
      Thanks for your great example!

Comment

I was running behind the first time I was here. Now am waiting on my sis to leave for. Work.

I have a full full day. Working then hair appointment..the dinner and put put golf with some friends and my parents are coming to town until Saturday.

Comment

Good morning. Late morning, I guess.

I got a good nights sleep, but it was in 2 parts. I was awake for an hour or so at 2 a.m. but I’m rested enough. Not feeling up to par, though. Don’t know if it’s weather changes or what. But feeling a bit chilled, too. Another “bug”?

Other than that, it’s a beautiful sunny day, a cloudless sky, and will be only 101° today. I heard there’s 3 turtles out by the small pond. I haven’t seen it yet. I don’t know when they’ll refill the big pond.....right now it looks like a dried out concrete wading pool.

With my baby shower gifts finished, I can wrap them and wait for the baby shower days. They get a check with the small blankets.

I think we have a new cook here (I will not call him a “chef””). The baked apricot chicken wasn’t in the taste, and the chicken was actually tough. Yesterday it was a taco salad. Loose chunks of fried ground beef were very dry, and overall it was basically tasteless. (The lady I sat with at lunch mentioned it first, so it’s not just me being picky.). None of the side dishes “went with” the salad.
          You cant predict what’s in the “California Blend Veggies”. It does regularly have yellow squash slices, with 2 or 3 other veggies at random: peas, carrots, green beans, or on rare occasions a small bit of cauliflower or broccoli. I think it’s whatever leftover veggies are thrown in with squash slices. The squash is never served as a side by itself.
          This guy was far from the top grade in his cooking classes.

That’s about all my news for today.

Maxie, I have that “getting lost easily” disease, but I panic when I do. I don’t know what’s NSEW, basic directions, as streets to every which way.

I like cooked cabbage, Paula. Look for me at dinner time.

Hi joystoy. Good to see you here. Thanks for opening for us again.

Beth, hello & goodby. Hope you weren’t running late.

maye, thinking of you & D.

have a lovely day, everyone. ☕️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            I had a wonderful lunch with some sliced pork roast warmed up in my cabbage and a little bit of onion sautéed with it.
            Will need to light a candle and hope the cabbage fragrance is overcome.
            Jo, it makes me wonder where that cook was cooking! The Big House ones to mind..
            For whatever you are paying I would expect palatable food. Hope there is a solution quickly!

Paula, next time I run into the director here, I plan to talk to her. It was a wonderful dining room when I arrived here. It’s just the last few weeks it really slid downhill.

Today i stayed in my room and had a minute steak sandwich. I think I’ll make some pudding bowls for my fridge.

Lately one day a week “dessert” is either an orange cream float or root beer float. Nothing else. You have to let them know when you order it whether you get regular or diet soda. (The diet one doesn’t do it.). But they don’t tell you that, you have to let them know when you order. I also forgot to tell the guy the other day that I didn’t want gravy on the meat....it was so thick I bet they served it with a scoop. But it was easier to completely scrape off.

It can be disgusting, or fascinating, what comes out of the kitchen now. Each thing is always a surprise. I will quit taking a meal to my room and sit in the dining room. That way I can send it back to the kitchen so the chef isn’t ignorant of his poor quality.
          the dining room is less than half full now.

But i am probably the only one who will openly complain. And I can’t find the kitchen director so far. Where do these people hide? She’s the only director who can fix it.
          Last edited by JoGee; 09-12-2019, 03:44 PM.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X