Wednesday, September 11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, September 11

Good morning Rounders! I worked up a good sweat in the garden yesterday. I had to move my bougainvillea. I have moved it 3 times now and I hope this is it's place. It was in a tight corner outside the garage and even though it was growing it has not bloomed this year. Even if I had left it there it would have been a problem for those limbs have thorns on them and it would have overtaken the garage door. I moved it to the top of the Bank where it can sprawl across the top of a Juniper hedge and get full sun, plus it is close enough to get watered when it needs it.

I also transplanted one of the Lime trees. Fingers crossed!

Today is grocery day and trash day. Not much happening here. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning...I came home from work yesterday and did the minimum amount of stuff. It was super busy...my ankle was hurting.

I think I am going to get 1 more hour of sleep.

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth, can you buy an Ankle Brace for your ankle? Maybe you already have one and I just don't remember, but they sell them at Walgreen's and CVS and grocery stores. Hope you get better soon.

Morning! Not sure what is going on outside..no weather on the news yet. Looks gloomy and the windows in the front are dripping. Lots of humidity. Today is the aunts bday party so no matter the weather I will be out in it. My sister is coming here and I will drive to the party. My biggest problem is finding something decent to wear..it is not dressy or anything but does require something other than shorts and a tee.

Sierra did not show last night and will be by Friday morning. Well, I am not going to be home Friday morning so, since I have a morning appointment back home I will just stop by and get the insurance money. Paid the insurance yesterday anyway. I wish she understood you do not wait until the day bills are due to pay them. I feel like I really let her down by not training her into the adult world better. When we were first married my husband was so responsible...of course a couple of years in the army will do that. He taught me and he taught our boys but I didn't do very well with our granddaughter.

Can't think of anything special I did yesterday. Actually I can't think of much of anything I did yesterday. Drew's mom picked him up early so I went in to watch the ballgame and fell asleep. Woke in the middle of the night looking for a score. We lost but so did the Cubs so no ground lost! Two more weeks of baseball before playoffs and the Blues are in training camp. Small earthquake in southern Missouri this morning. Scott lives right smack dab on the New Madrid Fault so I listen when they say earthquake. He is prepared and has a kit put together but this one was not near him.

Weather just said hot and humid no rain. Same as yesterday and again tomorrow. Lots of little bluetail lizzards running around. Wonder where they came from suddenly? We are also being stalked by a cat. Not many cats around here with all the darn dogs but this one sits across the street and stares over here. Even Jon commented on that creepy cat. Shades of a horror movie!

Ok I am off to pick up and then shower. Got gas and Jon washed my car last night. It was sitting out and the neighbor cut his grass and blew all over it. I would have moved it ya know? Just ask! Maybe the creepy cat is his? Beth take care of your ankle. Karlinann, I wish I enjoyed yard work like you do. I love a beautiful yard but no longer want to put in the time and energy but I appreciated the time others put into it. Have a wonderful day all!!

Comment

• karlinann
      karlinann commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie, you can't go wrong in a sexy pair of blue jeans with a white shirt and the right jewelry. I don't know what your coloring is, (eyes, hair, etc.) but the denim will never go out of style. You can put a sweater around your shoulders and you've got a classic look that never goes out of style. Wear your boots too.

I have a brace for my ankle I am wearing it every day to work.

Comment

Good Morning.
      Things here are quiet. These days I seem to see only half as many people around.
      Unfortunately I came down with “D” yesterday, again. No fun.

Dinner was a bust yesterday. I ordered the dinner to go at 3:45; the old guy insisted it wouldn’t be ready til 5:30! Not before. So I went back at 5:30 and it wasn’t ready, so I had to wait. The turkey meat loaf was awful, no taste to it, but the texture wasn’t like any meatloaf I’ve ever had....it was slick, less meat and more filling ingredients. So I had the potato pancake and tossed the rest. I managed to find something else in my freezer. I will be reporting that delay and awful meatloaf.

I did finish the 2nd baby blanket yesterday. It really turned out beautiful. First baby shower is this weekend.

So that’s all my news, for what it’s worth.

Karlinann, If i transplanted plants that often, they’d wither away. They don’t “take” for me very well. Of course this is a place that isn’t all that welcoming to plants. Except they told me tomatoes wouldn’t grow here.....and actually, in the end the tomato plants took over my garden space, once I covered them with shade cloth or a tarp.

Beth, do take care of that ankle!

Maxie, kids and grandkids learn what they choose to learn. How many times mine have come back and said “you can tell me *I told you so*”, or the equivalent. They learn best by their mistakes.

Hope you all all have a wonderful day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am late but here.
        only two right now and for sure 2 not coming. I texted a mom that her girl could come play tiday
        They decided she would do preschool and now regret it. But I filled her spot the day they told me so she was happy for a play day today.

I went swimming after daycare and felt the water temp so it convinced me to swim this morning. I am goi g to be missing it soon.

Well my two brothers just arrived and ( two and 8 months) and that really starts the day.

i hope all goes well and your meals, plants, games and ankles are good!

Comment

Good Afternoon! Feels like summer again. Hot & humid.

Yesterday was different. I was ask to make & serve lunch for the Golden Agers. I ask Theresa if she'd volunteer to help me, so for a couple hours we did that. Made ck salad sandwiches, chips, tomato, cantalope, and a slice of pie. We served, cleaned up, and were out of there by 1230. T then stayed for the afternoon and worked a couple hours. Neither one of my guys wanted to eat a proper dinner. I made parsley red potatoes & salmon.

Had an adult chat with Kathy the other evening. Ask her when she planned to take Blaise to live with them. Next Summer is the goal. She said she's catching herself saying & doing the same things I did. Oh the horrors!!!! Now she understands better. I wasn't so bad after all.

This morning I headed down to Stover's to pick up my supply of berries. Got those packaged up then started making fillings. T & I just plugged along. Had to call & make an appt for Blaise after school. His Wee Winky is sore. Need to still make & bake the pies for tomorrow. Wanted to wait until I had these new fillings made up.

The recliner is calling my name...time for a power nap.

Comment

I gotta say: I should have seen it coming! Little girl comes to the door with Mom and as kids are so happy she was here, she starts Waiki g she wants to go home! I am not sure but I think she says she wa RS to go to Paula’s when she does not to go to preschool. Parents give into her and because she k owe her mom is at homes d do not say no, she has got them around that little finger!
            Just call me Charlie Brown, Thinking this is the time Lucy will hold that ball for him to kick.
            Obviously, I have finally learned this lesson.
            And, so sorry ( wink wink) I don’t have any open days!
            Hitting Done and meaning it!

Comment

Paula, for what it’s worth, when my kids had crying/anger/troublesome “fits”, the rule was that they must be too tired to behave/be happy/get along (whatever), so obviously they should take a little quiet nap. Just a “little” one til they felt better.
              Surprisingly, they did fall asleep fog up to an hour. After a few episodes like that, they were careful to do their fighting/crying very softly and try not to get my attentions.

One time everything was too quiet in their playroom. So I yelled from the kitchen to “stop it, or else”. Would you believe, they all tiptoed out from the playroom, one girl checked through my hair to see if I really had eyes in the back of my head, and they lined up and asked me “How did you know, mama?” To this day I don’t know what they were doing, but I had told them when they are a parent, they would know.

We all have Charlie Brown moments at some time.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X