Tuesday, September 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday, September 10

Good morning Rounders! I really worked hard outside yesterday morning. I transplanted 7 Hardy Poinsettia's to the Bank. They will look great until frost. I watered them in good, plus it rained late in the evening. Bonus!

I made meatloaf for dinner too Maxie. I have Vertigo really bad from trimming up the Live Oak tree and that smell of meat and vertigo just does not go well.

Thank you again jostoy for the info. I will look into that.

I saw my first wooly bear worm of the year yesterday and a hummingbird. The wooly caterpillar was fat and had several thin orange bands across his back. I know that the fat part means a cold winter, but I don't know about the thin bands. I think it means how many snows there will be and it had 5 bands. I sure hope we don't get 5 snows.

The hummingbird was visiting the Chaste tree. It is blooming again and has lots more blooms to come.

I am going to have to move a couple more plants and I was trying to wait until the 90 degree days ended, but who knows when that will be.

DH is feeling fit again. I am walking a little better each day. We are blessed. Have a good day. Peace & Plenty.

Last edited by karlinann; 09-10-2019, 05:14 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning..waiting on sis to pick me up. We are headed to the gym. I will only do arm things today. Ankle is really hurting.

I went the mall last and spent a small fortune at bath and body works. Now I know I won’t stink.

picked out a really neat cardinals cap for my bestie for Christmas

Comment

Morning...kinda early to look out and see if the sun is up. Doesn't matter much cuz I have no plan to leave the house today. I haven't seen a woolly caterpillar yet..hummers are still fighting it out over the feeder. I need to read up on when to take it down. I meant to look at bird seed and feeders yesterday but getting this flu shot distracted me. Took forever to wait for the pharmacist and only one was there since it was lunch time.

My converting the gum machine into a candy corn machine is not going to work. Andrew could not figure it out and then tells me it only takes quarters. Really? I could go broke feeding a candy corn habit so guess that is out. Besides it needs to be on a taller stand or I would get a crick in my back feeding the machine. I'll just take the entire bag to bed with me and cut out the middle guy.

Bought the fixins for an upside down pineapple cake. First cool day I will bake. Scott and his dad would pick the tops off and I would find this pile of pineapple and brown sugar. Yum! Double treat to me! Like my grands picking cucumbers and tomatoes off their salad plates for me. A nice treat!

Slept really funny last night. Was asleep by 9 then up at 1 and didn't go back to sleep until 4. Nothing was on tv so ended up watching some very old Touched by an Angel...who in the heck wants to cry in the middle of the night watching tv? Don't need a stuffy nose!

Just heard we are going to give the Bahamians trouble coming into the country. Was waiting for that. So what if 70,000 people are displaced? They can just go into cages with the immigrants seeking political asylum from the south. There are a lot of displaced people in the world and we should keep kicking them while they are down...what kind of church do the people making these decisions go to? Not much religion in their church. Ok, I had to go there.

Not sure what will get done around here today. Don't know how many will be here for supper. Jon brought up the ham last night and it is a bitty piece so that may be off the menu. Bf is a good eater but I will worry about that later this morning. Maybe someone will send a head count? Told Jon about the vinyl concrete repair Jostoy...we have a few cracks in the patio. He said he would check it out.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Stay healthy and cool!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        I was surprised to find that eating nuts (almonds) with candy corn is so good!!! Try it and see, it may make you feel like the nuts make it healthier and justify it???Whatever works for me!

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        You took the words right outta my mouth! "What church do you go to?!!!"
        I think somebody skipped their Sunday school classes

I am up and at 'em and that is a good thing because I am not quite sure what today will bring.
      I went to the Empty Nesters pot luck last night. I took dinner rolls and butter and did not bring home the rolls that did not get eaten. I thnk there was at least half a package but they are just deadly to my will power and I knew even if someone was sayin g, "Your daycare kids will like them" that I would be the one getting into them. So better safe than sorry!
      We ahd the most wonderful ribs from Costco and I will be buying some for here. they were short ribs and the ones I have bought at the grocery store have not been as tender and as tasty as these were. There were about 15 people there and it was really nice talking and relaxing with them...I will be going again.

Today is Becky's long day and I will be going to the hospital to see my friend. She was called by the doctor and told her labs form the ER visit on Sunday showed sepsis and she is in ICU. I am really worried and hope I will be able to visit with her today. We met when her daughter was in kindergarten and I was the aide in the class and she was the room mother. We worked together in PTA. One of our "adventures" there was to discover the president was taking money form the PTA account and using it herself and Signing our names on checks! Like paying out of the PTA account 500.00 and signing our names to make it look like she went through the right channels! Anyway, Barbara and I were the Cagney and Lacey back in the day and just bonded over a lot of things.
      when our daughter was in the hospital for 6 weeks up in REdding, Barbara would get her kids off to school and thendrive the 30 miles up to Redding and always bring me something to eat and stay with me for a few hours...true friend in need!

Maxie, I had posted that lemon cookie recipe last year and then a friend who moved up to Idaho (so many people from our area are retiring up there!) and lost her homemade cookbook in the process and was asking me to send it to her. If you read all those comments Donna made it and tried variations and pronounced it a Keeper! I have made it and we all love it!

I did not get all my trimming done so hope to get some done today when I am outside with kids.
      It was windy this morning and I did not go out and swim. Even when it is hot the wind makes it very cool in the water and I could not face that in early morning temperatures and cooler water!

I am going to go have some breakfast and get the hamburgers cooked for the daycare kids. That way I just warm them up and lunch time goes easier. The babies eat before the bigger kids and it is a scramble at times. If I could find someone to come over and just cook it would be great, but no one is interested in that, I have found.

Have a good day and keep doing what your are doing!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't going to say anything about how I eat candy corn but since you brought up the nuts....I eat mine with popcorn! Have heard of people using mixed nuts so it must be the salt and all that sweet? I had a hard time fining candy corn at walmart yesterday and had to pick it up at my Ruler...I only like the Brachs brand.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        We put peanut M & M’e I popcorn!
        Some friend of one of my kids did that and we loved it and now claim it as our own!
        The almonds taste like candied nuts this way
        It is much more fun talking candy than politics!

Good afternoon.....where did my morning go???
      I was on the phone most of the morning....I was putting in the right information but the bank kept rejecting it. I hate codes and passwords and all that. So I had the right ID, but the caps/lower case bit was changed up. I imagine it was the same with the secret PW. The pin was the only thing okay. Now to re-memorize everything. They had to have their security person take me through it all. But now it’s fixed.
      No problem with the mobile app, except I can’t reorder checks on it......if I can, I just haven’t found it.

No plans today. Just maybe finishing the blanket I’m working on for the 2nd baby shower this month.
      I am using the V stitch for the center, and adding a simple double crochet border to it.

Turkey meatloaf is this afternoon’s best bet on today’s menu. And potato pancakes.....their version of it anyway. I’d call them smashed hash brown patties....there’s nothing else in them. I guess what I make are latkes in comparison. My mom always made them more like crepes, a far cry from “potato pancakes” in restaurants.

We still have rain rain predicted for a couple of days, but it’s not happening yet. It all seems to be east of Phoenix.

Maxie, I think he only goes to church if there are news recorders there, and tries to keep his face in the camera; and his wife has to keep the right hymns open for him, but he only mouths the words. Has he been in a church since that day?

Time to catch up with today, before it gets completely away from me.
      Looks like you’ve all got a good day going, and that’s good. ☕️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X