Monday, September 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday, September 9

Good morning Rounders! I slept for almost 8 hours and it has been a long time since that happened.

Jostoy you are such a workaholic type person that you make me want to get out there and do something. We have cracks on the inside of our garage floor. Does the patch you're using cover that? It's a very thin crack, but you never know. I definitely do not want it to widen.

My sweet DH was sick yesterday with something. I sure hope he feels better today. I just made soft foods that would be kind to his tummy.

That is all for me. I will say again, 'My garden/yarden is not beautiful'.

Y'all have yourselves a jolly good day. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning! Another Monday another bunch of meals to plan and cook. How depressing! However I do love to eat and I am guessing cooking and eating go together. Only I like it better when I am the eater and someone else is the cooker!

Going to be hot for a few days. Temps in the 90s and heat indexes of 100. I am not opposed to that type of heat but it just has a different feel now. It is getting dark earlier...that is ok with me. I hate when the time changes and always have. Cookie hope Blaise is feeling better. Seems once school starts back up these kids can't wait to pass their germs around. Which reminds me to get a flu shot. I always use the sanitary wipes around the grocery carts and my kids laugh at me. If I can wipe out one germ that may the one that takes me down ya know? Always have a bottle of germX in the car and in my purse.

Today need to run to the grocery store. I think Jon wants meatloaf tonight but he is off today and can fix it. Sierra and that bf of hers 'may' be here tomorrow. She needs to drop off her car insurance so will stay to eat. Cannot get a commitment from her ahead of time. I don't know where this being so inconsiderate came from. Strong streak of selfishness for sure.

Cardinals won yesterday and are 4 games ahead of Beth's Cubs but I am not saying a word because we have a lot of games against them before the end of season in a couple of weeks. That is still a lot of season to go! Hockey season starts soon! Only good thing to look forward to in the winter.

Think I am going to dig out some more fall decorations. Why is it I like bringing it out but hate putting it up? Should I do fall table mats or bring out the Halloween? I know...big questions. Jostoy happy to hear you are winding down with all your work. It is amazing what a difference a new porch or a freshly painted something makes the house look so much better. I love the welcome signs that you just lean against the house! Give sit a homey look.

Beth take care of your ankle. Karlinann I am sure your yard is wonderful but even if it is a weed patch, which I know it is not, you get such enjoyment out of being out in it so that makes it beautiful. Hope your hubby feels better today. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

Maxie did I tell you my nieces bird’s name is maxi? We thought we got her a boy bird so it was named max a million. Well max a million started laying eggs so she got a name change to maxi.

My ankle is much better today. I wrapped it for work yesterday that helped a lot. Today I have very little pain.

The number of kids we served last night was a lot. One my coworkers told me that Sunday evenings are the biggest night of the week. There was a Asian student that kept over taking my line. I hated it because I never really knew were my place at my station was when she took over and I didn’t know who to tell or how to tell her.

Comment

Good morning everyone.

Karli, depending on how big the crack is, you can either fill it with "liquid concrete caulk" or use a tube of concrete caulking, both of which can be gotten at Lowes or probably at Menards. Mine is too large to do that so I have to use the vinyl concrete patch.

Today I'm going to spray the weed/grass killer around my patio. Then pour some weed killer into the small stumps of the trees I cut down. They were the thorny trees so that's why I cut them down. However, they still want to sprout some little limbs at their base, so they are going to get total vegetation killer poured into the stump after I drill a hole into the stump.

Right now I'm just waiting for the dew to dry off. Then I'm off to get started. Also have some dead limbs in a couple trees that I need to use the pole chain saw on. Might even get to that today. I will wait until at least tomorrow to do the concrete. The temp is to go back up to the 80's by tomorrow.

Well peeps, that's all for today. Everyone have a great day.
        Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• karlinann
          karlinann commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Jostoy!

Good morning!

Good Monday to all. I woke early today...5 a.m. My “inner alarm” must be set on 5. Still, I’m not ready to start the day til after breakfast. Got about 6 hrs of sleep.
        My fault. I stayed up an extra hour last night and watched Bobby Flay’s Worst Cooks. It was really funny. Worth watching, just for the humor and laughs. One of the worst cooks was a young woman who is a dance teacher. She had a tray of something that needed to go in the oven. She couldn’t hold the tray with one hand, so she kicked up her leg and pulled the oven door open with her foot! She did get the tray in the oven without mishap. But it was so funny to see. Amazing, really.

Its only 80° this morning. Today and the next 3 days will be under 100°! Yay! After that it will get back to the low 100’s and high 90’s as the week continues. Autumn is on its way, right? Nice.

I found a half- done scarf in a bin of yarns. I used the V-stitch to make it. Suddenly my brain pointed out that I could surround the scarf with a double stitch and it will be a cool baby blanket within a week. So I took that route. What’s nice is the scarf area looks thicker. A baby would find that a comfy part to lay it’s head and nap on, and the corners flipped in to cover it. It’s a nice, soft yarn overall. It’s a soft green color; very pretty. My crochet group meets at noon today. I know they will like it.

Maxie, you remind me of my middle DD. She hates to cook. When she cooks, it’s one thing only , not a whole meal. Good thing her boyfriend likes to cook. Other than that, she eats out. But what she cooks is really out of this world delicious. The other day she brought me a slice of her fudge brownie cheesecake. Oh, wow. A fudge brownie “crust” and a cheesecake filling full of mini chocolate chips. Sinfully delicious if served cold. I let the rest come to room temp before finishing it. A huge new flavor sensation unfolded.......oh, so yummy! And I’d bet what you cook is that way.

Beth, I hope you had your foot wrapped yesterday, and that your foot is feeling better today.

Maye, you and D are in my thoughts, as always.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today. ☕️

Beth & Jostoy, we were typing together this morning.

Last edited by JoGee; 09-09-2019, 08:37 AM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Well, I got 7 hours of sleep and that is 1 less than I usually get, but the last half hour was in bed and reading so I was relaxing...from not much work.
          I went to see a friend who I always text with but she had said something about her weight being at its lowest and I thought I needed to go see her. When I got there her husband told me she had been to the ER that morning and they wanted to keep her but she said she could do pain meds at home as well as IV...she has something I cannot spell but it is "gastroendopariesis" or something like that...her stomach does not digest food. She has tubes for feeding and they are always giving her problems and that is what is happening right now: so losing weight. I was shocked and glad for the dim light and hope she didn't see it in my face. At least I didn't cry. I helped her into bed after she came out of her bathroom and then we talked, as she tried to talk through extreme back and neck pain. At the hospital they did blood tests and x'rays and ruled out a heart attack but could not find a reason for this debilitating pain...I was just so glad I went over and will not let my being tired a the end of daycare keep me from going over to see her.

Ok, Monday and kI have Cloroxed the bathroom floor and Draino'd the tub (theold ad: Once in every week, Draino in every drain) and also swept the kitchen floor and will be ready to clean it. Somehow it did not get done this weekend...

I am racing to get this posted before the first child pulls up. some days theyare all late but the one that someone gets her early just throws me off. I hate for anyone to think I wasn't ready!

Maxie, I am with you: if someone cooks it I am happy!
          Tonight is our Empty Nesters dinner for church group. I seldom go but it is at a friend's house tonight and they are serving ribs! the older lady we take to church asked if I could take her and so I have a double reason and will go. What to take is the question. I was taking coleslaw until another woman said that was what she was taking and I might just get ice cream...

The kpool took a couple of laps this morning before the warmer water was stirred up enough to not feel cold. At first I thought my swimming in the morning was over. And no matter waht I say, swimming after daycare is not really going to happen for exercise. I amjust too tired out. I am more likely to just float around...

I have to go.
          Hope you all have a wonderful day.
          Jostoy, thanks for answering that concrete patch question!j

Comment

Paula, your friend may benefit with something like Ensure or Boost. Might be easier for her to digest since she’s having problems digesting solid foods. ???
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hello!!!! My feet hit the floor running, and I'm just now able to sit for a few minutes.

Yesterday was busy even though it was to be a day of rest. Worked on pies until about 130, then started working on food stuff for cards. We had a nice time playing together last night. Lots of laughs, teasing, and family news. My cousin K has two kids getting married next summer....7/11 and 8/12....or whatever those Saturday dates are.

Blaise was feeling much better yesterday morning. Just a cold now.

Now heading out the door to go to the bank and pick up a few grocery items Cork didn't get yesterday.

Have a good one all!

Comment

It is hot out..93 and the heat index I just heard is 99. Sunny and bright and that is alright! Smell my meatloaf in the crock pot and will make noodles with alfredo sauce and a veggie/salad to finish it. Jon reminded me there is a ham in the freezer so will have that tomorrow. Not cooking Wednesday since my sister and I are driving a distance to a bday luncheon for an aunt. That does not count as a take out night because I have something to do so Thursday is our regular take out night anyway.

Been to walmart and ruler and got gas...got my flu shot too. Jon carried in all the groceries so that was like a holiday! Last load of laundry is in the washer so I have had a productive day. All things Cookie would have done before dawn but a good day for me! Paula and Donna,,,that lemon cookie recipe looks to die for.

Ok, coffee break over and now I have laundry to fold. I found Andrews old bubble gum machine and want to see if I can fix it to not take money and maybe fill it with candy corn for a funny decoration. My afternoon project...plus I like candy corn and they all do not so it will be my own personal dispenser. Have a good rest of the day out there....

Comment

Working...
                X