Sunday, September 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, September 9

Good morning Rounders! Maxie you are sweet to say that about my yard/garden, (yarden), but it is really not anything special. I just feel like it went from rags to riches because I put all the sweat equity into the transformation. The thing I'm most proud of is the Bank and it's still a work in progress. My garden will never be finished and that is the way it should be. I hope I'm able to garden into my 80's.

After mowing the lawn yesterday I was pretty wiped out. Today will be a day of rest, and that means from the yarden as well.

I have no idea what to make for our dinner. Hm! Maybe Salmon, Mashed Potatoes w/garlic, and salad.

The news is horrid and I cannot comment becuz' I will get myself into trouble on this site.

On a positive note I'm giving you girls a safe website so you can view some beautiful Hydrangea's. It's a 6 minute segment video of a UK site that I've been watching now for awhile. They have over 50 years of videos from their weekly gardening show on BBC. You will love this video so sit back and turn up the volume just a little and enjoy these last days of summer.

Peace & Plenty
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning....the picnic was fine. The movie was awesome! I am now nursing a very tender sore ankle! I stepped in a hole walking home from theater. I am getting a brace for it after Bible study going to try to work. If still waking up from pain tonight and still hurting bad even with med I will go to the nurse practioner tomorrow

Comment

Morning. It is a rainy morning with thunder and dark and gloomy. Depressing...

Karlinann my hydrangea is new this year and still very small but it is blooming its heart out. Such a pretty blue. Hope it makes it through the winter! The fall clematis is blooming...also its first year so not very full but a splash of color anyway. Need to get Andrew out to do some fall trimming. Things are looking summer worn and scraggly.

Beth take care of your ankle.

No plans for today. Not inclined to go out in the rain.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Maxie I am being careful with it! I think a brace will help it. I may not need one. I am getting ready to try my work shoe

Comment

Good Morning! It's cloudy & chilly. Definitely feel Fall in the air.

Blaise came home Friday dragging butt off the bus. He was getting sick, and by evening he was running a fever. He was SUPPOSE to go to Kathy's for the weekend right after school. Well that didn't happen. Cork & I had plans for Saturday, and that kind of got monkeyed up. Oh well. We drug Blaise along with us to several garage sales. He was in a pleasant humor for the most part.

We've been going to sales for months now, and Cork has hardly found anything (tools), but yesterday was jackpot day. We went to an estate sale, and the man had been a lover of tools. Cork said the tools he got had to be worth $1000 but he got them for under $100. They just wanted to get the place cleared out. My big find there was a pedestal fan and 6 mens' watches. We stopped at another and I got several tops, which I was thrilled with.

Came home and started baking. A couple people stopped and got pies, so I had to make pies to replace those since they were for the stand today. When I dropped the pies off to Josh at the farmers market, he was by himself for the day, so I helped him unload his box truck. I got heaved hoed up into the back & moved boxes to the edge.

We were going to have Chinese for supper Friday night, but since Blaise wasn't going down to Kathy's, we waited until last night. YUM!

This morning we went to church. Called & text Kathy several times to see about meeting us. She wanted Blaise for the day. Never heard from her, so he came home with us. He commented she didn't care enough to wake up and come get him. I didn't put those words into his mouth or head. He's catching on. Got my pies delivered to the stand. Now I need to bake tomorrow's 7 pies, and start working on the food for cards tonight. Making chicken squares.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Good morning........

It’s 85° outside, and get only to 101° today. Yay. Really, it’s a nice break from the heat that we were having.

Today we are having pepperoni pizza, potato skins, fried zucchini and fried chicken on the brunch menu. There’s a chili bar, and cheesy scrambled eggs as well. Serving from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. I’ll be making my eggs in my room earlier than that.

Nothing on today’s agenda. I’m sure card games will be going on (they play for money). I wonder how many residents will be out most of the day enjoying the cooler weather.

I wonder what my kids are up to today. Middle DD left me a piece of brownie cheesecake yesterday. Sinfully delicious!

Beth, an Ace bandage/wrap might be what you need for your ankle today.

Maxie, you are hogging all the rain over there? No wonder we have it so dry out here!

KA, I don’t say what I think all the time. I can only imagine how gorgeous a yard you have. I certainly won’t be gardening anything any more. My brother’s Lady has/had a green thumb. She can no longer care for it as much, but she can tell my brother what needs to be done. She has a 3-lot yard of both flowers and veggies.
            Here in AZ I did well enough with growing veggies, but flowers would never take for me.

So I’ve rambled on enough. Time for breakfast.
            hope you have an awesome Sunday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Cookie, we were typing together.
              Poor Blaise. Must be tough for him realizing his mom doesn’t care for him. You are the blessing in his life, knowing he can count on you.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I actually tried a shoe on my foot and my ankle felt better than with out a shoe. If I don’t do ok today I will be going to dr tomorrow

Comment

It is a cooler morning here, too and our temperatures are only going in to the 80's! People (us included) are saying it feels like fall in the mornings. And baking weather! We do bake whenever we want to, but talk ourselves out of it when it is so hot.

I am coughing and clearing my throat a lot this morning. air quality with the breeze we have had. And before 6:30 there were lots of helicopters going over to the fire and back to get more retardant. In the three houses we have had in Red Bluff all three have been in the north flight path of our little airport. Private jets can land and larger Cal fire planes and helicopters for Life Flight and Fire crews. Usually the daycare kids will stop and look when we are outside because they aren't up ther every day, but this past week they got so used to seeing and hearing them no one even thought to stop and wave. ONe of the younger dads at church flies helicopters and during fire season is gone most of the time.
                  Yesterday driving across town I saw so many fire trucks and crews. OUr hotels are packed full of the big trucks and Walmart yesterday had a bunch of firefighters buying food and supplies.
                  It is great seeing how the community goes up to them and thanks them and how the little kids are so startstruck at seeing these Heroes up close.

Church this morning and then some ironing, Maxie! I still have my cheap, uneven legged ironing board, but with Hallmark movies I can do it! I don' have that much to do, so it won't be too irritating...
                  I am trying to go through and see what fits and what is Too Big! Yay! In fact I tried on a dress last night to see if I could wear it this morning to church and it fits way better than the last time I wore it so the blue dress is my win for the day.

I hope you get a brace or Ace bandage, Beth. The Ace would be a good thing to have on hand for when that ankle might act up...I walk in fear of those unseen holes!

Food today will be chicken salad wraps from a rotisserie chicken and whatever around here goes with it. I went to Walmart After Becky had ordered and picked up and spent just as much money! Partly because I "saw" stuff but also because I needed recipe stuff. Kind oflike going to Bath and Body Works for a few plug in smellies...coming out with a huge bag and candles and other gifts!

I can always find things in any store I go into.

I am off to finish getting ready and hope your day is well on its way to Great!

Comment

Guess what! Today is Grandparents’ Day.
                    I received a very sweet text from one granddaughter just a bit ago.

I hope those of you with grandkids remember you today.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Church this morning then home. We didn't go out to eat today as my niece is having a soup supper. So fixed myself a half ham and grilled cheese sandwich. Then I started making potato salad for myself. Last Sunday I was fixing potato salad when my niece called to say they were having a cookout. So I took the potato salad and a lemon pie. Well all the potato salad was eaten, and everyone was bragging on how good it was. I never got a taste, so can't say if they were being nice or if it was good.

I was told I didn't need to bring anything today. So maybe my potato salad and pie wasn't that good. It is rainy here as well. That nasty fall stuff...drizzly instead of a real rain that will water the flowers and veggies.

Got my new vinyl posts and railings on last Tuesday. Sure brightens up the front of the house. It actually makes the house look so much better. Got the painting done Wednesday. Had to paint the 2 end boards that he had to replace, as well as the header on the west side.

He also took that steel basketball goal post. So now the side yard looks better without that thing sitting there. He son is only 4, but said he is already getting into playing basketball. When he gets older, he'll have a real goal post to shoot baskets.

My work is winding down. As far as I know, I only have to fill in the concrete cracks with the vinyl concrete patch. The garage floor has a pretty good size crack that will take some work doing. The driveway also has a few small holes that need repair.

Hope all have had a good day so far.
                      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Working...
                      X