Friday, September 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, September 6

Good morning Rounders! These September mornings are nice. I trimmed up the Live Oak tree in our back yard yesterday. The branches had put on at least 5 ft and maybe more in places. I could not walk under them to mow the grass so they needed a haircut.

I ended up not replanting around the base of our mailbox, but I did add a layer of mulch and compost to the Vinca that are doing well. They are beginning to bloom now and will give good color until frost.

I watched tv this morning and caught a couple of great shows on National Geograhic. One was about the Easter Island and one was about Stonehenge. The archeologists have made some astounding discoveries in both places. Near the Stonehenge area they have unearthed signs of a large group of artifacts. It was so interesting. I love shows that tell history.

Peace & Plenty.

Last edited by karlinann; 09-06-2019, 06:21 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning! I'm a little late this morning...woke around 2 AM with a headache. Took some tylenol and finally went to back to sleep but now have woke with the same headache. Hope this is not a prelude to fall allergies. Good thing it is Friday and I do not have to cook. But I was going to clean today. The kitchen floor is in need of a good scrubbing. It has reached this is an embarrassment level!

Yesterday I did laundry and then Andrew came in and cleaned his room. I know, totally out of character and we are still waiting for the sky to fall. Something is up!! OMG, can you imagine the hurricane is still going up the coast? Should be out to sea this afternoon..finally. Thank goodness it is going to be a beautiful day here. Yesterday was in the low 80s with sun and more of the same today. The boys pulled up the tomato plants and Jon is talking of taking the pool down. I cannot believe it is September..

I have nothing to say and waiting for the pills to kick in. Been taking allergy meds every morning since April and will continue until the first heavy freeze so not happy if this is allergies. Take care people and have a wonderful day!

Comment

Good morning. I am still under the covers cori is with me. I am waiting until the absolute last minute that I can to get up!

Working today. Will go to the gym and then the mall after work maybe just the mall. I need to go to bath and body works. I want new body sprays and I am getting my youngest niece a body spray. I am getting my oldest niece the smell good things for her car.

Tomorrow is a more chill it’s my day off!

Comment

We have a fire 20 miles west of Red bluff. It was started by lightening. Smoke filled skies and hoping the wind dies down so they canget some containment.
        I didn't get up and swim but did get up and worked. I can't make a habit of this; pool time is limited now that it is September and I will have to start doing the treadmill...housework is always an option but I don't do enough of it to count as exercise.

Wow! Maxie, he cleaned the room on his own? Awesome! but watch out: who knows what will come next!

Karlinann, I have had on my list to weed my area around the mailbox. It is overgrown with grass and looks crazy. I will put some water on it as soon as I am finished here and soften it up to make pulling it out easier. then I want to plant around it and your vincas sound like the best choice with a few marigolds for brightness thrown in.
        Why did the color just go back to black???

Well yesterday was one for the books with kids acting up. I am moving on and trying to figure out what I can do to make it better. there is only so much I can ignore.
        today there will be two less; one mom has every other Friday off and the tow sisters (2 & 10 months) wil not be here.

My brother sent me lots of pictures yesterday of their family going to Disney World. No one in any lines and it wasn't raining. Chloe (2 1/2 was aable to visit with every character she saw! She is deaf and a few of the characters used sign language with her! My niece comes out to FL a few times a year to keep in touch with family and to let Chloe have enough time to know her grandparents and cousins...

Not much different today other than keeping watch on the fire. A friend has to take someone for a day surgery out of town and asked me to be ready to get her cats if we have to evacuate...boy, it better not get that bad! I said yes, but I am not worried. (Hope these are not famous last words!)

Upper 90's today and this weekend. I hope you all are having a good day!

Comment

Yes, Paula, Vinca & Marigolds are good choices, and there are here are a few more: Sweet Alyssum, Snapdragons, Petunias, and Salvias. For a fall planting you can choose: ornamental kale or cabbage, mums, and Stella d'Oro. Oh, there are many combinations. You're only limited by your pocketbook. LOL!
          "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

Good morning.

Not much happening today. Yesterday was a bit hotter than predicted. But should be 108° on track today. . Monday should begin the double-digits with rain, for a few days. I will relish those days.
            The sunrise was noticeably later than usual today.

The highlight here today will be the 2nd jewelry sale this week. But it’s the gal with the best jewelry of the lot that comes around....plus she charges only half price. I did buy a Mystic Topaz ring from her last month.
            Yesterday it was creams and lotions someone was selling, which doesn’t interest me. We all have our favorite brands, don’t we.

Middle daughter will be here for a short visit after work today.

There still a few brush fires out here, not too close to us. But close enough to affect the air quality. That’s about as bad as dealing with allergies.
            They are keeping the fires under control, but letting them burn out.

Maxi, what’s the chances of Andrew bringing a girlfriend over one of these days? Why else do boys clean their rooms? LOL

KA, National Geographic is always outstanding!

Paula, I no longer deal with lawns or gardens, floral or vegetable. I kind of miss that. I even wonder about how my Pistach tree is faring, and will the new owners take care of it. It turns out they bought our house for rental purposes. It’s up for rent right now.

That’s my news for today.
            Hope you all have a fantastical day. ☕️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X