Thursday, September 5, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday, September 5, 2019

Good morning Rounders! Thanks to all of you who were concerned about our safety. I am glad that is over, but hurricane season is not over yet.

I cannot believe the things I'm allergic to now that never bothered me before in my life. Azalea's, nuts, dust, are just a few. I can just touch an azalea leaf and it starts my hands itching like crazy. I've had to give up on nuts, which I dearly love, but they don't love me anymore. Fried foods, oils, (except for Olive Oil), chocolate, eggs, etc. My choice of foods is getting smaller. Grapes, can't eat those anymore. And the list grows.

Today I will redo the planting around the mailbox. Almost all of the Zinnia's that I took out of there and put on the Bank have survived and they are gorgeous. One is a light yellow and I don't remember ever seeing that color. It's funny how plants morph into different colors. I have Vinca's that have morphed into 2 new colors this year. They do it themselves, because I did not pollinate them, the bees did. Just this year I've learned that by doing cross-pollination yourself you can get different Zinnia's and they are beautiful. I wouldn't want to do the CP though. It's too involved.

That was so weird seeing Aldi's shelves barren yesterday. They were out of most of the things we buy weekly. Good thing we buy extra Split Top Wheat Bread and put it in the freezer.

Well, friends, your lives are certainly more exciting than mine so I'll be back later this morning to read what is going on where you live. Cookielady I do hope you will have a good rest between now and cookie season. JoGee, I hate that awful weather for you and pray those temps will drop and you will get more liquid stuff from above. Maxie, if you like mystery try a David Baldacci book. You won't be able to put it down. Aunt Maye, have you tried Baldacci books yet?

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

good morning! Is it Thursday already? Like I have said before " the first of the week goes quickly and then the last two days just grind down so slowly!"
    Yesterday started with a full on tantrum by a two year old and it started when his mom was here, so I was good with her seeing how he is. He saw another child eating and wanted to go take the food away from him!
    Today I will make sure that does not happen...personalities start from the beginning and some are just difficult to learn how to deal with (for them, too!)
    So, another day and I always think I have it figured out...

Karlinann, you have a very exciting life with the hurricanes you have to worry about. My brother sent a picture of shelves that were half way stocked at his Walmart so things are getting back to "normal" and all his family visitors are back to their own homes.

That brother (FL) will be gong to NYC for a month! And his wife. The Disney cruise friends are asking them to apartment sit for a month while they are working on a cruise (both are singers and dancers). They will be in Upper Manhatten and already planning the things they want to do. All this has come from their opening up their townhome to Disney friends of their daughter when she worked at WDW and cruise cast docked and needed transportation etc. Talk about "one good deed..."

Did David Baldacci write the Camel Club books? Highly recommend that series (not too many books in it).

When I did my grocery order the other day, Walmart was out of the popsicles I wanted and subbed two bags of a higher priced product. the only bad thing is the flavor is Sour Pink Lemonade! Not really something the kids like, but it keeps them busy. Take a taste, make a face and take another taste...I think they are waiting for the tartness to go away...
    I am gong to the store after daycare and will get what I want or sub something more to their tastes.

Donna, I am sure no matter what is on my grocery list I will find a few more things to go into my cart. When the clerk asks, did you find everything you were looking for? I always say or think, Oh, yes and then some!

Jo, hope you keep the electrolytes up and stay as cool as you can.
    My air is set to 76* and hasn't come on, yet. I love the early morning hours when I can have the windows and doors open and feel real air!

Take care of yourselves and enjoy the day!

Comment

Good morning.
      Didnt sleep much last night, so I’m up earlier than usual. I just stayed in bed til the “false sunrise” gave me some light.
      The news said we had rain overnight. But I don’t feel it fell on us. And there was only enough rain to stir the dust into the air. It was 90° at 5 a.m., there should be a law against that. However, the temp will only be 108° today (and the next couple of days), then it plummets to 101°, then double digits for a few days. Oh, and strong winds flipped one of those big trucks on I-10 last night, unfortunately the driver didn’t survive. KA, I guess the desert doesn’t need hurricanes for disasters.

Nothing much going on today. I’ll do some minor housekeeping, maybe crochet a bit.

Still no word on “Ms Sunshine”, who complains about everything. I am concerned for her. I think her problems stem from a lot of depression. She is in Memory Care, somewhere.
      Theres still no sign of her grown kids coming to deal with her stuff. They told her they don’t want any contact with her. Who wouldn’t be depressed! Oh well. Maybe she will be close enough to visit if someone releases info on her whereabouts.

I should get busy before housekeeping comes by. The girl basically runs her big vac over my carpet. Not much else for her to do here. She generally also hand washes any breakfast dishes I have in the sink. I’m on her list for twice-a-month services. She likes to touch up the bathroom, too, but it’s a small room and not much for her to do. I keep it in order.

KA, something in your soil may have changed for those flowers to change colors......what did that hurricane leave behind? Do you check your soil for it’s ph balance?

Well, everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• karlinann
        karlinann commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I do not check the ph levels and I really don't care about it because it's primarily sand, sand and more sand. We didn't have a hurricane in my neck of the woods.

Paula, we were typing together. Lol
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Again lost the entire post just at the end. There is something I am hitting to cause this...crap!

Ok good morning! Laundry today and grilling for supper. Looking forward to a hamburger off the grill with a slice of tomato. Andrew picked 12 last night from our two plants. They are beginning to dry up so ending their growing season. Temps in the 80s for a while no rain until next week. Jon is off today but I have a basket full of laundry and grocery shopped yesterday so he can do whatever he wants. Plenty to do out in the yard.

Not going to repeat what I have already wrote and lost. Can't remember it anyway. I have read Baldacci Karlinann. I have a pile of books I have not read sitting here. I am a spurt reader. Always have a book in the car and in my purse and sitting beside my chair but they could sit there for a while now. Then I will suddenly devour everything I have.

Jo why doesn't your apartment building have a bus or van instead of a car? Especially with that heat I would think you would want people out of it quickly and not waiting around for a second trip. Cookie, take a vacation in your week between cookies and pie or just spend the time in bed! Karlinann I do not know much about cross pollination but do know some plants will change color because of the soil nutrients and chemicals. I have a mental picture of you pollinating your plants... lol!

Going to get moving around here. Jon just came up and said he has a doctor appointment. Guess no yard work today. Oh well..

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Comment

Maxi, we DO have a bus. It was already busy with the other driver. In fact, I’m sure there were 2 busses behind the building at one time. We just don’t have a whole team of drivers. I’ve already made friends with my lady driver, who is new to us. She won’t let me down. I don’t have to wait outside for her. She comes to the clinic’s waiting room door to let me know she arrived. Actually, the guy does the same thing for me when he gets the car. That bus is hard put to fit in those medical clusters of buildings. But still, if they have more people to drive about, that can leave some of us having to wait a bit longer.
          I was told that yesterday was The Day that those who are shut in want to get out just to ride around, get a breath of fresh air and see the sunshine. It’s special to them.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hello! Taking a break. Need to eat some lunch before getting back to work. I feel like this is all I do. Always trying to get ahead, but never truly happens because something then needs done. Making hay while the sun is shining as the saying goes.

Took a couple hour break yesterday and met a friend for lunch. We chatted for 2 hrs. Lot of catching up to do. Came home around 230pm and went back to pie assembling, baking, and packaging. Never ending. Had planned to go visit my cousin Mike @ Aunt Janet's before he left this morning, but he was out visiting his sister & brother. He changed his plans and isn't leaving until tomorrow morning, so I'm going over there later, with an apple pie in hand. First day he popped over here to bring me lard balls, I offered him a pie to take back over with him. Oh no, no, no....don't need any...trying to watch. Next day Aunt J was over again for pie and a couple days later for another one. LOL!!!! Guess he got over that watching his diet thing.

Feet hit the floor running this morning, and wouldn't ya know Blaise was up 15 minutes later. I NEED that quiet time to start my day. Well he had been grounded off electronics yesterday for the most part, and he wanted to get on the computer. Didn't allow him until he was totally ready for school. Fine. I warned him 5 minutes before it was time to go. When it was time, he was snippy and said the bus driver has been late. Gave him 2 more minutes with a warning that if he missed the bus, no more electronics before school for a month. FINE!!!!! Guess who was running on time, and guess who missed his bus? I was royally PO'd. I had to drive him to school, and I had pies in the oven that were going to be ready to come out when I was taking him. I put them on Time Bake, and had the oven shut off after 10 minutes. They were fine. I was just discaboobalated for the next hour.

Theresa came & we got things done. I still need to assemble Sunday's pies & get them in the refrig. Had to remake 6 of the fillings. I REALLY need a nap right now. May eat a sandwich and then set the timer for 20 minutes, and take a power nap. I really should make something for dinner since I didn't cook last night. Maybe....

Vacation? What's that? I may not have much to bake that first couple weeks of October, but this house needs some major attention. My BF from Ohio is coming the 3rd weekend in Oct to make applesauce, and I want the house looking semi presentable. She has a housekeeper that comes weekly. She never is judgmental, but I'll feel better. I know the first weekend of Oct I have to make 85 pies for the farmers market.

Have a good one all!

Comment

85?!!! That’s an awful lot of pies. Then there’s your regular customers to keep up with, too! Oh, my, Cookie!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Hello I am just now making it. I haven’t been sleeping well at night and just needed the extra hour today.

Work hasn’t been too bad today busy but not bad.There is a lady that works for the agency I get my help from that needs to pick up some hours one of her clients is giving her a hard time so she isn’t getting all hours. She called me yesterday to see if I wanted to hang out today so she is getting me from work and we are going for a walk in old historical Main Street area. I need exercise and have a little shopping to do.

Comment

Working...
                X