Wednesday, September 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday, September 4

Good morning Rounders! Where to start today. I sure am glad we did not move to the coast. Mother Nature can be very vicious and brutal. I cannot believe the devastation she performed in the Bahamas. It is heartbreaking.

Our own coast has had a beating; people had to leave their homes, power outages, beach erosion by 2 feet and that was yesterday evening, so you can imagine what it will be this morning after another high tide. Ugh!

We have grocery shopping to do today and the trash goes out. I have just been low key for a whole week now.

I have managed to gather another trash can of weeds and debris this past week. That will go out Thursday. Where the folks next door had the huge Live Oak cut down the little Live Oak seedlings were coming up everywhere around that area which divides our property and I have slowly been trying to eradicate them. Some were from the acorns and some are from the roots. They are way too close to the big power box that houses our power and I do not want anymore Live Oak trees on this property. The one at the back of our house is bad enough. Also they had the stump ground and the Crab Grass had just gone wild on top of that mulch.

All of my transplants of the grasses and the Hardy Poinsettia's are doing great. I like the look of the Poinsettia's. They are orange, tinged in white. It's very unusual. Who knew that there was such a plant?

I'm taking a break from puzzles and books. I've been playing computer games and watching more tv. Pretty soon I'll have those sycamore leaves to mulch. As a matter of fact they have already started to fall, but it's the little ones mostly. I mowed our grass again yesterday, and after the rain today I'm sure it will need it again this weekend.

Hope each of you are safe. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good trash day mornig to your all! something about getting rid of trash just makes me feel lighter..anyway, it makes the back area of the yard look bigger with the three cans out of the way. today is our yard waste pickup.

I have been keeping the hurricane news on and really feel for the people I have heard talk. And the scenes of all the devastation...it is heartbreaking to see.

Today will be another attempt to keep the peace and keep the kids busy. I do know they are learning things as I listen to them sing and recipte...little steps.

I will be back later and hope you all have agreat day.

Comment

Good morning...work then errands and I have an appointment with Dietican the I have to pick up meds and get some healthy food in the house and stuff to make egg bites in the morning in my instapot. Making meatloaf tomorrow night. I haven’t decided about church yet. Depends on how my head feels when it’s time to go. Right now it would be a no.

Cori just crawled up on the bed with me. I am going to set an alarm for 10 minutes and snuggle

Comment

Good morning.

It looks like I will be losing my “neighbor” in the next apartment. “Ms. Sunshine.” I haven’t seen her in a few weeks, so I started asking. The staff here do not share this news. But I saw Sunshine’s best friend here, who said all she knows is that Sunshine had a fall and paramedics came and took her to a hospital. After they treated her, the doctor said she should be in a Memory Care facility. Well, this place doesn’t have any openings for that problem, so nobody seems to know where she actually is now. Her kids live in Oregon and should have been notified. I don’t know what is to be done with her things here. Yeah, I’m concerned for her. She has been one unhappy lady, and this must be very hard on her, wherever she is. I do know she has had a few lapses in forgetfulness when we have lunched together, but that must have escalated while I was too sick to leave my rooms. But I never heard any commotion during the 2 weeks I was badly “under the weather”.

Today I have my appointment with the doctor for a consultation prior to my colonoscopy.
        What a waste of time....it’s just another medical visit I don’t really need. I’ve had doctors do that procedure without consultations. They do have the records with my medical info, after all. That’s all they should need.

So that’s all that is on my agenda. For now.

Karlinann, that sounds like a beautiful poinsettia!
        Paula, good luck with the kids today. Hey, it looks like some cooler weather is on it’s way here next week....maybe you will, too.
        Hopefully, Dorian will Peter out soon and life can get back to some normality again.

To all, have a great day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

And I lost my first post! Not a good sign to start the day.

Good morning! Been hot here and yesterday the heat index was 100. I did not cook but we ordered pizza and the boys swam after supper. I do need to grocery shop today and will cook. Grass boy cut yesterday and did a crappy job. I had to go out and sweep the walks...not my job when I already paid the kid. He never comes on Jon's day off or when he is home anymore and I guess because he cannot get away with it then. He may be handicapped but he sure has me bullied! Oh well, while I was out sweeping I got to admire the new fall wreath I just hung on the door...very nice! The lady who lives here has such good taste!

Didn't do much yesterday but clean up the kitchen. Every day you clean the kitchen and bathrooms. The lady who lives here may have good taste but the guys who live here are pigs! And the lady is getting tired of cleaning after them.

Karlinann so glad you were spared the brunt of the storm. Signs of fall are in the air even if the heat is back on. There were a couple of leaves floating in the pool yesterday. The night sounds are changing and the heat burns off quicker at night. Just feels different even in the heat. Just wish winter wasn't so long...and summer so short.

Beth hope you get your headache under control soon. Could it be allergies? Sierra has been complaining about this 2 week cold and I think it could be allergies. I needed to switch my meds to a different brand and feel better. Take care of yourself.

Paula, our trash guy picked up Monday when Jon took the trash out by habit. You do feel lighter don't you? Handling those little guys every day makes you a saint in my book. I was reading where one of the city hospitals was looking was snugglers and I wished our local hospitals did that. But we do not have a preemie ward here and they are sent to St. Louis. Back home the hospital does not even deliver babies. I would love to cuddle a baby then hand him back and go home.

Oh well, going to listen to the news and shower before it gets to hot. Need to plan a couple of meals since yesterday turned out to be our take out night. Someone said meatloaf and I have a couple frozen or maybe I can get Jon to grill one night...he is off Thursday.
          Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

• karlinann
            karlinann commented
            Editing a comment
            Maxie, I used to be a Cuddler. It was rewarding, but it will also break your heart. The crack babies, the ones who are born without limbs, it's just sad. I wish you could be a Cuddler though.

It will be hot here again for the rest of this week. Aldi's shelves were basically bare. The manager said the warehouse won't let the trucks get on the road if the wind is 30 mph. We will have to go again on Saturday.

Hey! It was a pretty day though humidity was up high.

More of the same today. I did run into town first thing to get eggs (somehow other things jumped into the cart) and go to the bank. I met a friend for lunch. We haven't sat down & chatted for almost 2 or 3 years now. Came home and got back to work. I'm getting tired of this routine. Only 3 more weeks of this craziness I think. Get a week off and then cookie season starts.

Glad all is well KA!

Comment

Well, I did make it through today. The temp went up to 113° today. I’m SO ready for the double digits coming next week.

I saw the doc who will do my procedure, but the soonest I can get in is Oct 7th. I need one of my girls to bring me home and safely see me to my rooms after that.

Naturally I showed up a bit early for the appointment, to find that all the doctors were running a good hour late. My consultation was only about 20 minutes. But I had a good hour’s wait before my driver picked me up. She had just a normal sedan, and had to make 2 trips to pick up 5 people with walkers, and she is a new driver for us. One lady in the first group decided she didn’t want to be picked up where she was left off, but at a CVS store instead.....but although she called our apartments’ front desk with the info, but the desk failed to pass it on to the driver. I felt so sorry for her dealing with the heat! Naturally I was in the second pickup.

Oh, the doc was happy to see me drinking water with electrolytes in it, in this hot weather. She said I should also drink it when fasting, or strict dieting. Any time it’s possible to get dehydrated. I have been drinking one bottle a week just because, and if you get the flavored Propel water, it’s doubly delicious. The tapwater is really hard here in Phoenix, and tastes gross. Double gross! I’m into buying water for drinking, and for my K-cup machine.

Oh, and another patient in the waiting room, started a conversation with me. Her MIL lives - yeah, guess where! Somewhere on the floor below me. So she took my name and is going to pass it on. The woman has been here several years. So we might well be meeting one of these days. I look forward to that.
            What a coincidence, since I may not see Ms Sunshine from next door again. I’ve also got to get back with the crocheters group. It’s been almost 3 weeks since I saw them.

oooooh.....I hear thunder, I’m sure of it. Would love a big splash of rain tonight.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X