Sunday, September 01

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday, September 01

Good morning Rounders! It's a new month. This year is flying by I think.

The morning glories got a good rain and the ones I left in the garden are perked up and blooming. The one in the pot w/trellis that we brought in is growing like crazy. As soon as we brought it in it started clinging to the window blinds and had curled it's tendrils around the string that you put the blinds up and down with. It didn't take it long at all. Good thing I saw it and uncurled those tendrils and moved it away from the window and blinds.

I am giving up on trying to eat eggs for bkfst anymore. They make me have a queezy feeling. I have had to cut so many foods out of my diet this year.

I hate this waiting to see what Dorian is going to do. Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good morning I got a lot done on my one day off. Today Breakfast with Bible Study group. Then work.

Comment

Morning. I would be nuts waiting for this darn storm. I know early warnings are wonderful but to have to hear about it for a week has got to be hard on your nerves. Just not knowing where it is going is nerve racking!

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Ended up sitting on the porch after eating and being entertained by the turkey and one remaining guinea. They walk around like they own the place. Personally I would prefer a more distant relationship with farm animals but......they only have these two. There was no sun but it didn't rain either. Everything is wet out this morning so it rained around here sometime this morning. If all this summer rain is a prelude to winter snow I may just go into hibernation. Just slide food under my door until Spring. We were suppose to pick a shopping date and a Yule Cabin date but conversations just jumped from one thing to another. My sister and I will just pick dates and tell the others.

Jon is off today but I have no idea if he has plans. I have a lot I could do...cleaning, laundry and I have never done this ironing. He is beginning to wear shirts I should have pressed. oops! Plus another double header this afternoon. Beth we took both games yesterday so go Cards! Sierra said yesterday she needed jeans and is off today so would not be surprised to hear from her. They seem to be feeling much better.

Another shooting in Texas...what can you say anymore? Guess we will never get any gun restrictions until we take to the streets and prove to our politicians that we are serious about this gun crap. Remember when road rage was just giving the other guy the finger? We have come a long way haven't we? Now we have to worry about all differences being handled with a gun. Used to make me mad but now I am just sad....no I am still mad about it!

Looks like it is getting brighter out there so maybe it will clear up. Sure sick of rain and wet. Going to be cool this week with some 70s as highs. Sure not ready for fall. This has been crazy weather this summer.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone. I am going in for another cup of coffee and sit out if the chairs are dry. Dews have been very heavy and everything is wet until mid morning. I know, isn't it amazing what I can find to complain about? Maybe I should go back to bed....

Comment

Good morning, everyone.

HAPPY SEPTEMBER. I hope it soon brings cooler temps.
        It looks like a few clouds are gathering this bright morning. Today will be 106°, promising higher temps in a couple more days. I’m looking forward to autumn’s lower temperatures. One DD said it won’t cool off significantly til after Halloween. She is likely right.

Today middle DD (and her boyfriend) will pick me up at noon, and we will go for an Italian lunch. I don’t know why her boyfriend likes me so much, but this apparently his idea. He gives me his arm to walk to and from restaurants. He won’t take the chance of letting me trip in the parking lot. He is a real gentleman. He’s very good to DD as well, and he will give her anything she likes. She is a very lucky gal, and I’d like to see her settled with him. But she’s in no big hurry to marry.
        but we will have a very nice lunch, and I’ll probably have an extra meal or two to bring home. Often my restaurant meals equal 3 meals for me.

No other news here.
        Have an awesome day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

At almost 7:30 it is 69* outside and just feels wonderful. I was out to feed the cat and could have stayed longer except I am lnly half ready for church and this is the half that needs clothes! Nightgown just will not do, although for the fashions you see (pj's and the rest!) when shopping I am not sure what I will see from moment to moment.

Yesterday went well and the cake I bought was so good. When I went to the grocery bakery to order it I found out I almost was too late. Same day for a cake is not a good idea, but thankfully, they said they could get it done.

It feels odd to be saying September! So I agree that the year is picking up speed...let's hope we can all slow it down and appreciate each day for whatever it brings. I sure appreciate the weekends and this being a 3 day weekend is great. I have one scheduled for Oct and then of course, Nov and Dec have days off so that helps get me through the months.

Joystoy, and all the rest of you people who do so much: we put a new shower head on yesterday! YouTube showed us how and Amazon sent the kit with Everything needed! A new shower head and a cleaned out drain and it is like a new bath/shower!
          It's the little things, right?

I am getting ready for church. We will pick up the older lady with the wheelchair. I was able to fit it in the back of the car last week and when I got to church a man parking next to us came over and got it out for us. They are just awkward and I really appreciated the help. This lady lives alone and talks constantly so the drive to and from church is different than when it is Becky and I. We usually have music on and not much talking...

I hope you all have just the right day: comfort and safety!
          Val, I hope you are ok with Dorian veering off to Georgia coasts. I think Aiken is more inland, right? But I remember pictures you have posted of flooding very near your apartment. Hope all is going well for you.

Donna, I hope you are able to take a moment for a calming breath and some time to sit and relax.
          Maye, hoping you and David are doing well and keep up that crocheting! In the gifts yesterday there was not one baby afghan but there was a homemade wooden chest for his baby treasures and later for little boy treasures. A great aunt made it! But no crocheted or knit or quilted items...

I will drop back to read later.
          Maxie, we are going shopping tomorrow. I didn't know until Becky said she had to return some things to Macy's...and I want to go to Bath and Body for some Fall smellies!
          Ok, I will see you all later!

Comment

Hey All!!!!! Popping in for a moment btw timers.

Yesterday my body rebelled and I had to slow down. We did go to several garage sales in the morning, then I had to come home and ice Xander's birthday cake(s). He wanted a pumpkin shaped cake, so I made an orange bundt cake, then several smaller bundt cakes and some ghost cakes. I also made a large pumpkin pie and decorated it too. Becca came down and went with us to the party. Kathy isn't a very good hostess. The party started at 3pm, and we did nothing but sit around up 415, then she had Xander open his gifts. Then it was another hour before she cut the cake. We ate, and immediately left. I wanted to get home to sit down & take a nap. I still had pies to bake for today. We did stop and pick up Chinese for dinner, but I wasn't even hungry, which is unheard of for me. I just didn't feel good. I finally got some energy and feeling like myself at 10:30pm. Got pies bagged up, and prepped to make apple pies first thing this morning.

Got the pies baked & out cooling before we headed to church. After church I got them bagged up and delivered all pies. I've just been plugging along. Only have to make 16 pies for the stand tomorrow, and two large pies for another customer. Next on my agenda today is working on the bushel & a half of dinged peaches Linda has been sending home with me. Will make one big pot of peach filling, and will freeze the rest for future pies when the peach season is over.

A nap is calling my nap....maybe I'll do that before doing peaches.

Have a good one all!

Comment

Working...
            X