Saturday, August 31st ~ The last day of this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday, August 31st ~ The last day of this month

Good morning Rounders! Paula, and anybody who wants to become a member of National Gardening Association here is the link:
    http://garden.org/users/join/slowcala/

Thanking you in advance. You will love looking at all those gorgeous flowers.

DH & I got all the items carried into the Lanai yesterday. Anything that could become a dangerous projectile came inside. I really don't have that much, but the patio furniture is awkward and the patio table with the glass top is very heavy and with my bad leg I needed help. I only had two pots to bring in and the one with the morning glory is six ft with the trellis in it. The other morning glories that I had staked I just removed the vines from the stakes and I had to pull them out of the ground in order to do so, but I replanted them immediately and watered them in good.

We got rain yesterday afternoon, but in the morning I had to mow the grass again. I didn't have enough energy to do the whole lawn. I came inside and drank a Power Ade straight down. I was so exhausted and needed that fluid.

Today we are having 3 cheese pizza from Aldi's. It is delicious and we are trying to cook up some of the food from the freezer. Tomorrow I'm making ribs, and Monday I will make chicken. I'll have enough meat cooked to last for a couple of days if the power does go off. I have been watching the special Hurricane 2019 forum that the NGA website has had going all week and learned quite a few tricks to prepare for a hurricane or natural disaster. Things I never would have thought of! Truly amazing!

Peace & Plenty.
    Last edited by karlinann; 08-31-2019, 10:02 AM.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Morning...Did not realize this is the last day of August. Summer flew by and is leaving with a bang in Florida! It rained again yesterday and night....cancelled the ballgame. They have a double header scheduled for today already I think so now there is another game to makeup. So darn sick of rain.

Been keeping an eye on the news about Dorian. He sure looks big and red on the radar! And he keeps going slower and slower. Anticipating him must be nerve racking Karlinann. Good idea about cooking up the meat in advance...looks like you got this and will be prepared.

Yesterday was such a busy day. Left here at 7:00 for my mammo. I like early morning appointments because you get in and out. I thought I was so clever yet when I get to the hospital it is full of old people doing the same thing and registration is behind. So I sat a while. And it was cold in there! Good thing I never go anywhere without a jacket in the summer. Lunch was wonderful. I had the worst pulled beef ever at a new restaurant but the company was very good! This is the friend that no matter how long it has been you just pick up from the last time. We caught up on kids and grands and how she is now working part time and they are traveling more. They showed up in the crowd on tv at a Pirates game in Pittsburgh this summer. I had to text her later to say I say her eating on tv! But you know this is the couple we were hanging with when my husband died and I am so happy for them but cannot help but think that might have been us. But it was a long time ago and I am so happy for them. With her working part time we can start doing lunches...I hate driving at night. And her directions are great....she doesn;t tell me to turn north or south she says go past Kohl's and turn at the dairy queen. Those directions I get!! This was a brand new strip mall I never even knew existed and I am pretty sure the pulled pork place is on limited time. Next time we will do the chicken salad place...can you believe a place that serves just chicken salad? Paula saw that recipe..yum!!

Today we are heading to my sisters. Sierra texted that unless she felt better she was not going. Said her boss sent her home yesterday. Ya know, I know you shouldn't go to work sick but I really was kinda proud of her that she got up and dragged herself in. She is learning that money does not grow in the deep dark recesses of grandmas purse just waiting to jump into the daylight and her hand. Didn't even ask about him. Then Scott texted last night and didn't think he would make the trip. We will be planning a date to drive down to eat at Lambert's and go to the Yule Cabin today and he knows we are coming soon. But he does worry me sometimes. But I am going today and Jon is driving so I am a happy camper. Andrew has not decided if he is coming or not. He wants to stop at the mall coming home so we will check in with him before leaving.

Hope you all have a wonderful day and thinking of you Karlinann and husband and Pat in the Panhandle as you prepare for the storm. There were tornado warnings in the area last evening and they come and go quickly but to have days and days of anticipation for a incoming storm must take it toll on your nerves. Would mine!

Comment

Good morning, peeps.
      Today will be sunny, and 108°. It’s lower than the original forecast, but still gonna be hot out there.
      i’m feeling cold though. I’d gone to check my mail last evening, and it was 78°in the hallway and I felt cold. (Last time I saw my doc in Tucson and felt this way, I needed a blood infusion. ). I know my red count is way down and she has me on iron pills I see my colonoscopy doc in 4 days, so I’ll ask her about it.

I need a few things from the store, so one of the girls will pick me up today. To me, the outside heat will feel good, but I’ll be careful.

Other than feeling tired & lethargic ( I’m fighting that), nothing else new here.

those of you anywhere near the big storm’s path, you’re all in my thoughts.

have a good-as-possible day!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Maxie the 2nd double header is tomorrow. My cousin posted about it. They were there last night and going back Sunday.

Work wasn’t horrible yesterday. I think we may have found our rythm. I run my station by myself if I get to backed up some one steps in. For the most part I am there alone. I help a little bit on Chinese line. They do good to keep up. I just go to the back and get the stuff they need. Yes I will be doing 6 days a week. I am not super thrilled with this but I will always be free on Sundays for Bible study or church with my fam. I just will have to miss a few family gatherings. I wish I could be there I will face time my mom on my lunch so I can say hello and wish my granny a happy birthday and I will send her gift with my mom. I am making her a fuzzy blanket it’s lap size so she can use with her wheel chair or put on her lap in her recliner but not so big that she can’t it off or tangle herself in.

Today is my one day off lots of rest lots of laundry.

Comment

I am checking things off my list and getting a good start to my day. A few things got changed to another day because I need a stress free with no deadlines kind of day.

I decided chicken salad wraps will be our lunch. Yesterday Becky brought home Apple Ed’s for our dinner and we ate and watched a show we had dvr’d. Then read and a friend came over so it was a ni e quiet end to a loud day!

I just read Dorian is headed north to the Carolinas and hope that works well for you FL friends.

Some yard work and the baby shower today and just taking my time!

We will have high 90’s for a week and that is fine! Still good pool weather and kids and dogs can be outside longer.

Bills today but I want to buy some stamps so the PO will get a visit, too!

Hope you all have a good day!

Comment

Working...
          X