Friday, August 23, 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday, August 23, 2019

Good morning Rounders! What a long day yesterday was. I went to our new dentist with dh yesterday morning. He was not able to have his routine cleaning in June due to his surgery this past March, so a friend of ours turned us on to this place. It is located in the On Top Of The World community Circle Square Commons. They have all kinds businesses in the square: a real estate office, an art store, an ice cream shoppe, a cultural center, a fitness and spa center, and an educational center for the homeowner's of OTOTW. Every Thursday they have a Farmer's Market on the square, and every Friday and Saturday they have music and dances on the square. It's a great place for a dentist office and it's a nice place and believe it or not it's the same price as our last dental office.

This was his 2nd appointment so they did the xrays and a comprehensive test. While he was in I walked outside to check out the Farmer's Market and there were not many vendors there because of the heat. I had a booth in that FM back in February, 2015. It was the coldest day of that year and the wind was brutal and I only sold one bag. I had made up tote bags, denim purses, pin cushions, and just a bunch of little things to sale and wanted to give the FM a try. Well, long story short, I froze that day. After selling the one tote bag I packed up my car and left. I decided it's not worth it. They did not even charge me for the space that day.

They have beautiful flower gardens tucked in and around the square and I went in search of seeds. There were no seeds this time, but there were hundreds the first time we went there, back when dh broke off one of his crowns. I sure hope none of my crowns break off like that. Anyway, I think all the heavy rains have washed off the seeds, or someone has been collecting them. There are over 5000 homes in that community so...….

Well, here it is another Friday and I'm ready for it. Broiled Salmon, Potato Salad, and Steamed Spinach for Dinner. Hamburgers or Hot Dogs for lunch with oven broiled Taters. Some gardening early this morning. Some minor cleaning. Are you ready for the weekend?

Peace & Plenty.
    "Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Good Morning! Ready for the weekend....getting there. Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary, and I think this is the first time in 25 years we'll be alone w/o kids for the whole day. Most years we didn't even get out for an hour to celebrate because we had the kids or mostly because Cork was working from dawn to dusk at a golf course. I learned that was part of the life being married to a golf pro. One of the head groundskeepers was living with a woman who just didn't get it. She would have fits every summer because he wasn't around. DUH!!! They are no longer together. That would be like a military wife getting upset because her husband was away. Yea, it's not fun or nice, but it's not their fault.

Anyways, Blaise went home with his Mom after 4th grade orientation yesterday. I walked in & sat with them for about 10 minutes, then slipped out. Came home and did our normal deal...pie making.

Yesterday was THEE DAY....icing the cruise ship wedding cake. I was just making two pies Mel ordered, and Theresa called. She got home from her demo job early and did I want her to come up and help with the cake early. YES!!!! We worked about 2 1/2 hrs assembling and icing, but was got it done. I was rather pleased with the results. After she left I printed off the Princess Cruise Line logo, then laminated it & black construction paper. Made little black squares for the windows, then stuck them onto the cake. Taaaa Daaaa! The only problem? This morning several of the dial rods are starting to poke thru. The cake must be sinking a tiny bit. The bride's Mom is coming to pick this bad boy up later this morning. I just want to get it out of here. I've taken plenty of pictures.

Back to our regularly scheduled work schedule...sort of normal....no farmers market this weekend for me. I've got the stand's pies in the oven & Sue is coming later. I do need to mix up and bake off several kinds of cookies for orders this weekend. May get started on those after I assemble Sunday's pies.

Have a good one all!!!! Hope things are going smoother Bethina!!!

Comment

Morning. No rain today and much cooler. Karlinann the trees in the woods behind us are mostly oak and the snake story was disturbing. I was reading there are a lot of copperheads moving around because of the flooding. You know some fields still have standing water? Anyway I will not be reaching down into an unseen place!

Yesterday we had an early supper and now I am going to eat cake!! We had to eat early so the bf could go to work and he 'wanted' to come. So we ate early and then they left. It was semi pleasant...she ask if there was a spare Christmas tree around here. Why is it everyone has a spare tree in the basement? I mean, I really always have an extra tree in a box...I think they grow down there. So she seemed happy to know that.

Trip to doctor was ok..it was my wellness visit. Never had one of those before and the questions are something. Little girl was nice and competent. Gave me the name of a place to get glasses. I am healthy and happy and not depressed so we didn't have much to talk about. Have an appointment for a mammogram and got a pneumonia shot....flu vaccine not in yet. Thank goodness I always carry a book cuz you do a lot of sitting around.

Today I need to return jeans to Penney. They are two sizes to small for Andrew. The jeans we bought him Wednesday are a way better fit and I do not know where his mother got those sizes. Once out I will run into Bath and Body and pickup some smellies. Time to be thinking about fall smells. My sister said she has changed out her door hangings already. I still have my poppies on the door but do need to get out in the yard do some cutting back of shrubs. I go out to work and end up watching the hummers fight. There is one bully who spends all their time keeping the other hummers away. That feeder sat empty all summer and now no one can get near it. I did not know they made sounds but this one is pretty mouthy!

Hope it works out with Kathy and Blaise. Your cake sounds cute..lot of work! I watch those cake shows and omg, am so impressed by the talent people have. Then I wonder what they do with all those cut off pieces and who gets to eat them. Funny where my mind goes and what I worry abut.

Jon said not to worry about cooking tonight and I was happy. I put spaghetti sauce on yesterday morning and was exhausted after...this meal planning is killing me and I planned one this week. What if I have to do two next week? And laundry? Life is hard!

I did look around and know I need to clean. I need to do an in depth cleaning by taking each room and moving furniture and cleaning woodwork. Hate the fact that my guest room is not together. The problem for me is paying delivery fees for a mattress. One place wants 75$ to deliver two miles out of town. Since we are boonies they think they can sock it to us. I hate delivery fees and will take free shipping for longer delivery time. I ordered a tee shirt for my sister's bday and for a 7$ shipping fee they shoved it into an envelope and stuck a stamp on it. Ridiculous! My bitch for the morning.

Well I hear that cake calling me and another cup of coffee. I do need to do something today and the fact that no rain is predicted is nice and should be motivating...you'd think anyway. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

Yesterday at work it wasn’t horrible just really busy. Some one asked me if I am ready for this weekend heck NO! I have to work double shifts 2 days in row. The money will be nice. I got my pay check today and forgot how nice they are!

The only thing I am doing this weekend is working!

Comment

double shifts! I hope the weekend crowd appreciates all your work!
          and Donna, you pretty much work 24/7 so I say the same to you!
          and that cake is amazing! I agree with Maxie on wondering who gets to eat the cut off parts: cake balls, maybe?

i am having computer trouble. I hope we can get it fixed but I am worried. I really don’t want to buy one right now.

Meatballs and rotini pasta for daycare.

I am still ill feeling guilty about buying a cake for the funeral but my time management just wont fit in Baking one. I have to do some deep cleaning also. I walked in last night and it just has a closed up smell that also had a “ this house has dogs” smell mixed in. Changing filters and scrubbing tile floors and that better work!
          The donation truck bags are out front and then I just have a few boxes for Good Will.
          Mae are in the low 100’s this weekend so doors and windows are not open for long.
          Hope you all have a good day and a happy one!

Comment

Good morning, everybody.
            I just had eggos and honey, and am nursing a cup of mocha.

Our weather report today is 10% chance of rain; tomorrow 20%. In a pigs eye! It’s clear and sunny out there. And will be only in the low 100’s for a while.

Nothing new here today. I did laundry yesterday....glad that’s done. I got new microfiber sheets from Amazon for my bed. Mmmmmmmm. They felt so nice!

All that baking and cooking sounds so good! It’s Friday, so I probably won’t like much of what’s on today’s menu. If I don’t show up on one of your doorsteps today, I’ll be in my little kitchenette putting something together.

I am still awaiting some papers to fill out for the colonoscopy doctor. I have an appointment with her in 1-1/2 weeks. Not looking forward to it, but my oncologist convinced me it’s in my favor to do so. So, OK.

Paula, there’s nothing wrong with buying a cake for a funeral. 1. You have a business to run. And
            2. Cake is always a welcome addition to what else they will be served. And 3. The mourners won’t be noticing overmuch if it is bought or homemade —- their tastebuds will be nearly numbed from the event.
            don’t feel guilty, because you know you are doing your best under the circumstances.

Well, I need to close and get dressed. “Ms Sunshine” is in distress again, and might be popping in unexpectedly again. Not much I can do for her except listen. She really should go to Urgent Care, if not the ER. But you can’t tell her anything. Whoever made her doctor’s appointment got one a month away, rather than ask for an urgent opening. Her kids live up in OR, and had set her up down here. I’m wondering why they left her so far from home. They are not in touch with her. If you know her, it’s understandable, but it’s no excuse to treat family that way.
            to quote my MIL, “There, but for the sake of God, go I.” So, a bit of compassion is in order.

A string of Fred Astaire movies are on today. Decent movies. I must be a bit of a giddy-Duffy, huh?
            but I won’t be sitting here all day. I have a nice Easy Listening channel I like to hear as I go about other things.

Hope you all have a great day! ☀️
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X