Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday

Good morning. Looks like the sun is peeking out but more rain this afternoon. Not as hot as predicted. Today is Andrew's 13th birthday. I remember the day he was born....it was Sierra's first day of school and she did not know he was going to be born that day. It was a planned delivery but we surprised her. I picked her up from school and we went to the hospital. She was so excited to have a baby brother! Well, he has certainly been a joy and now a teenager. Grandma is getting old!

Did not have to cook yesterday because Andrew's Uncle picked him up and he and his cousin Logan took him out for supper. Unlimited pork chop Tuesday is a special treat for those two boys. Tonight we will take him where he wants to go and tomorrow it is spaghetti and meatballs with Sierra. So much celebrating!

Not much going on today. Kitchen table needs cleaned off...hate that! Did a couple loads of laundry yesterday so could iron today. Everything seems to have changed with school back in session. Like my days are so different for some reason. Back on a schedule. Need to tell Beth the Cards won again last night but I see the Cubs did too so they are still half a game behind us. Key work..behind! Season is winding down and saw on the news that they are beginning to lay the ice for hockey training season to start in September.

Have a great day everyone.

Maxie thanks for telling me! I have been to busy...to tired...to crabby to pay attention! My work year has barely started and I feel like I am meeting myself coming and going!

Work is super stressful Super crazy busy! I feel like I am doing stuff wrong or not good enough. I was yelled at yesterday by chef. I Am hoping once all the students are back and both places are open.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Always a pleasure to tell you we are ahead of the Cubbies in the standings! HEHE..
      Things will settle down and in soon. Takes a while to get a rhythm going. Hang in there...

Good morning, Maxie and everyone else.

Been missing in action here, but I had work to get done. My SIL and I had a garage sale at my house 4 days last week, and this week I had to get the front porch painted. The contractor said he'd be here either the end of the week or week after next. Next week he is out of town.

There is only the windows to be caulked, and then I THINK I'm done for this year. Next year I need to buy 3 new screen doors. AND they aren't cheap.

Sure glad to quit spending big money. Need to get my bank account back up, so as bad as I hate winter, I'll be glad to see it come this year so I can get some rest.

Hope all has and will be alright with our cyber family. Have a good day.

BTW...I did talk to Boff Monday and she is doing great after her heart surgery. She's canning and freezing her garden vegetables.
    Last edited by jostoy; 08-21-2019, 11:23 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      You getting wooden screen doors? They are so nice but expensive is right!! We had so much rain early in the season then it got hot so we did not get all done we wanted this summer. Now I am ready to pull out the potted plants and trim back the shrubs. Sierra would always help me with that but guess not this year. If I put an electric tool in Andrew's hand he will help! Glad to hear Boffler is doing good after her surgery. Tell her hi and she is missed.

I saw tht canning post on facebook! She and Judy are really doing up the canning...and Maye with all she has canned.

donna, why wouldn't that lady want peach, apple or cherry pies? I would think they would be the top sellers.
    And of course, if you were able to order my cupcakes I would be there in a minute! I need them for a baby shower and you can tell by the answers to my facebook question which people know quality and which don't. I am not going to buy cupcakes for a shower at Walmart...just too normal. this baby is a surprise adoption and such a blessing that I just want to get something a little more than normal. Just me and probably because moms bring regular Walmart cupcakes all the time to daycare and I don't mean to be rude at all. The head baker at our Walmart is a very good friend and I am not trying to be snobby...

Beth, everyone must be feeling the stress of the job if chef yelled at You! I hope you take a deep breath or two and have a better day.

Maxie, it never fails to amaze me as how we can remember those days when these kids were born!
    We have a little drop in the temperature but no real change to the weather: still watering and no rain in sight.

Jostoy, I know what you mean about those screen doors! I am want to get a new front door and take the screen off it and have it put out back. I want to have a more decorative door or at the least, paint it...I like having the front open at times but the dogs bark and I end up shutting it so still exploring my options all of which are pretty pricey! Who knew a door would cost so much!?

The trash just now got picked up so I am out to bring the cans in and make room for the parents to park. The new 10 month old is doing really well and I am hoping we are getting into our routine. the hardest part is outside time with two crawlers and not wanting t hem to put anything in their mouths: I use a stroller and an activity chair and hope for the best!

I have gone back and forth about the dessert for the funeral this Saturday and have decided to buy a cake...it isn't like anyone is competing and it is about feeding people,right? I hate feeling like I am taking the easy way, but I guess I am. I will get a good cake, though

I hope you all have a great day. I have a dog barking andneed to go!

Comment

Good morning.
      I am late again. Trying to figure out paperwork again.
      I have a haircut scheduled this morning, a crochet group I’ll just say Hi to today since I’ll be walking right by them anyway, and a finance call this afternoon. I have no idea what the subject of today’s call will be.
      So not much else is going on here.

No place I actually have to go out for. Good! Today brings us 114°.

GD called me yesterday evening to find out if I’d be at her baby shower. I really dread being near her mom (my daughter), but I think I’ll have reinforcements nearby....well, at least 1. But she isn’t likely to pull a shenanigan with in-laws nearby, is she.

Grandson, in his mid 20’s, surprised me with a call, too. What a delight! He changed jobs, loves the work, and has a very high work ethic. It’s been 3 months, and customers are calling the bosses to let them know how pleased they are with the lad. If he wasn’t still in training, his boss said he’d already have a title in the company. We will see what the next three months will bring.

well, I really ought to get dressed. I feel pretty lazy today. But the world is still spinning, so I’d best make the most of today.

wishing you all the very best today can bring.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X