Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuesday 8/20 Let's get this week moving.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 8/20 Let's get this week moving.....

Good Morning! Just opening the doors & windows for the day. Will be back later to truly post.

Good morning..I awake a whole hour before I need to be. I have cori the kitty to thank for that?! She was jumping on me...now she is sitting on the back of the chair acting all innocent.

There was a lot of drama at work yesterday..I am already sick of it!!! I don’t totally know what happened except that I got bumped to 2nd server position at my station. I am not supposed to have to share my station. Today I am hoping for a calmer day on the serving line.

Comment

Morning....gloomy with a chance of storms this afternoon. Hot. Hope the rain holds off or comes before the bus. Today is Andrew's first day of school. I thought maybe he would not come everyday but his mother said, yes, he will be here every day and wanting food and not to come home to her until he is fed...lol. RATS!

And those couple of sentences summed up my day. Never called for a haircut and never got a bday card for Andrew. Never got to the bank for money to put into his card.

Hope today is better for you Beth. Guess who is in first place? Cubbies are just half a game back but that still puts them in second. Just sayin.....

Comment

Good morning...☕️
        Yesterday I spent an hour at the hospital clinic for a port draw of blood. It took 2 nurses to get it. It would have been a 15-minute deal at Tucson’s Cancer Center, and they wouldn’t have asked me to sign several electric forms as if it’s a major operation. It’s just a blood draw, even if they had to use my port so I wouldn’t get the bruising. (I had a 3” bruise from the needle-in-the-arm draw the last time.)

I have another doctors appointment today with my oncologist. Basically it’s just to go over my lab work. That blood draw could as easily been done in her office. It would take only an hour at most for the results to get back to her. Instead it took 2 days of my time. I am not very impressed with the Phoenix medical people.

Today will hit 112° again, hotter tomorrow, then cool off a bit. I’ll take a bottle of water with me, to stay hydrated.

I am nearly out of my mocha, but have some on order. So today I switched back to tea. I have Ceylon tea, it’s not as dark as other teas, ergo less bitter. E spoiled me, not complaining about my imported tea. Supposedly imported? It’s a nice brew, though.

Well, I’d better get on with breakfast before I have to leave. I’ll see my middle daughter when I get back from the doctor. She is running errands today before her 2 week vacation, and will deliver a pkg (that heart monitor I’ve had to wear all weekend) to Fed Ex for me.

Beth, I hope today goes better for you at work today..

maxie, it sounds like you’re having “one of those days “.

to everyone, have a great day! ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• Paula A
          Paula A commented
          Editing a comment
          We were typing together.
          Take care and have a good day!

Good morning! I woke up with a terrible leg cramp...the kind it took me a few minutes to be able towalk on. Not sure what to do, but I am going to do some of all the thins I tell others to do and started out by taking a big drink of pickle juice. Now maybe I will remember to eat better and get enough electrolytes in or whatever...I will be reading up today.

Becky woke up in stress and panic mode about school starting and working and not sure she should take three grad classes, which is considered a full load. I have learned not to say anything and she will finally decide to calm down and do whatever it takes. If that means taking only two classes that will be fine with me.

I have a turkey roast in the oven and laundry ready to go into the washer.
        I went through some of the albums I had out and now have to find a better place for them. And a better way to preserve the photos and newspaper articles. Some are certificates our kids received and many are from Gary's school and City Council service. I am just not ready to let them all go. I have two brand new scrapbooking albums that I was going to donate since I don't do that anymore but I may take them out of the pile and use them since most of the other papers are in the old plastic type photo albums. You know, the kind you peeled back the clear paper and put your picture on and then it stuck! And yellowed...but at least I have some pictures.

the day went well enough yesterday. I managed to keep the biter form biting and when he even leaned in to put his mouth on anyone I put him right into his crib and said No bite! I was pretty tired at the end of the day.
        The new 10 month old sibling did very well, though. She eats so well and does not make a mess with feeding. She does not like to drink from a bottle though, and I hope that woks out. she nurses at night...I do give her cereal with milk in it.
        And today we wil lsee how it goes....

I hope today goes well for all of you. About all those dinner meals, maxie: more excuses to have fast food? Or your favorite meals! the meatballs are what sound wonderful to me!

Beth, I hope today's line goes well and you enjoy your day.
        Donna, thanks for starting us off!
        all the rest, I will be back to read up on your day!

Comment

Hey....I'm back for a few minutes. We busted butt this morning. The atmosphere was just so much more relaxed yesterday & today. Lots of laughs.

The first thing I wanted to get done was make 12 PB cream pies...guess what still isn't done? YUP...those pies. T & I worked on the pies ordered for the band pie festival. Baggin' & taggin'. Then the lady called & she was in a panic. I told her it was no problem to make 10 more pies. As long as it was my choice of pies and all one kind, it was no big deal. She initially didn't want any peach, cherry, or apple. Well I made peach blueberry. Figured it would be another flavor to add to the mix. Plus it was easy to make. So they are getting a total of 37 pies from me. Us girls just plugged along. The final job was peeling apples for the apple pies I'll be making tomorrow morning. Makes my life so much easier & hey, I'm paying them to make my life easier...right? We are truly expanding Theresa's horizons, but she's a good sport about it.

I had enough extra pie filling to make us a large pumpkin pie to munch on today. I had to make 7 pumpkin pies last night, so I mixed up 7 batches in a huge bowl at one time.

Next thing is taking Blaise to the dentist for a cleaning. Then home to work on tomorrow's pies for the stand, and karate for Blaise. I ask Cork to take him tonight. I need a nap, but I guess that's going to have to wait until after dinner. Think I'll pick up some Sesame Chicken.

Glad to see all of you!

Comment

Working...
          X