Monday 8/19 Good Morning!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday 8/19 Good Morning!!!!

Good SUNNY Morning! Perfect weather...sunny & hot during the day and rained thru the night.

OK...nobody started a thread yesterday...WHY???? Tsk, tsk. LOL!

I had another busy DAY OFF. Sue called & left a msg while I was delivering pies. I dreaded calling her back because she was going to the doctor the day before about her heart. Whew! That wasn't the reason for her call. She was fretting because of a conversation she had with one of my new helpers while I was off picking up everyone's lunch. Kim was totally frustrated with my style and lack of organization & cleanliness. She's an IMMACULATED housekeeper, which she told Sue at least a half doz times. I knew this before I hired her. She's a good friend of my SIL. I just figured she'd understand why we didn't completely clean as we went because we do things is big amounts. She was use to doing things in small batches & cleaning as she went. I was frustrating her...I said I made her twitch...and she was frustrating me. Sue's call just tipped me over the edge. Sue was very upset that she would talk about me that way. Kim just didn't get that I work from 630am to midnight a lot of days, and cleaning house just doesn't fit in all the time. I do my best.

So in defense mode, I cleaned refrigerator, shelving, and floors...found my table again. I normally do this on Sundays, but yesterday had a little more gusto to it. Josh had text that he was going on vacation this whole week, and probably wouldn't need pies this Saturday. Well I just text him yesterday and told him I just wouldn't be making any. Btw losing Kim and this wedding this week, I just was going to pass. I text her and told her I wouldn't need her this week. The more I thought about it, I decided to just call her and tell her we just weren't working out. I praised her work, but told her we were both twitching over each other's style, and it just wasn't working. I'm sure she got off the phn and was relieved. I know I was.

Got the first round of pies in the oven. Sue, Judy, and Theresa will be here today. T has been on vacation, so it'll be nice having her back. She's got a great sense of humor and just does what needs done w/o comment. I'm baking her an apple pie. We've got a huge order for tomorrow, so will be working on that. The Butler Band's pie festival. Making a total of 27 pies for that. Oh they'll be getting many many more than that from parents.

Timer's going off...time to get back to work. Have a good one all!

The balloons didn’t get to do anything yesterday morning so daddy and I got on the road to home an hour or so early than we thought we would. Once we got home I went to sleep and slept the entire day. The only time I was awake to eat and I didn’t have much in the house so I don’t really have breakfast. I am hoping my bro law will stop at the gas station.

my sister is having to go help my mom with some stuff. So I have to be at work almost 2 hours early. I am taking my tablet and reading.

Comment

Morning Beth..hope those two hours went by quickly. Was a pretty lazy Sunday, gloomy but no rain. Suppose to continue gloomy with a chance of rain but getting hot again. School starts Wednesday...just hate that!

Need to call for a haircut and pick up a birthday card for Andrew...plan meals so I can shop. Should only have to cook Thursday night though. Wednesday Drew wants to go out for his bday, Friday is eat out night with his mom so that leaves Thursday. Sierra is coming Thursday for Andrew's bday so we will have another celebration. Hope I get in the mood to get out. I am thinking this is the beginning of allergy season for me. I changed my OTC allergy med yesterday and have a check up scheduled for Thursday so will ask about these allergies. They are getting worse every year.

Are you people being overrun with sweat bees? They make even walking outside miserable. They came suddenly and I know come ever year in August but wow! They certainly multiplied this summer. We can hardly sit outside during the daylight hours.

Paula glad you made it home even with the confusion. Back to work today? Jury Duty! How horrible. I have only been called twice and the first time my husband bowled with the county clerk and got me excused because we had two babies and one car. The second I belonged to the same country club as one the the guys being sued. Didn't know the guy but took my excuse and ran!! Hope to never see that notice in the mail again...

Guess I need to check out today's news. So depressing. I see sun peeking through the windows so maybe things will perk up. Have a wonderful day!

Comment

I just read cookielady's post and now here so will hope the two threads get merged...
        Donna. you really handled that situation with the other woman so well. that kind of stuff makes me nervous and I usually back off and stress. So glad Sue called you. Again: I really admire the way you took care of it.

I am back to work this morning and kind of stressing it. I the sibling of one of my 2 year old's beginning today. I will have a full house with 6 kids and all but one under the age of three...that plus the drama of the one mom forgetting I was going to be off (and now having to let them all kow about the jury duty summons) I am letting that stress me. I am really hoping it gets cancelled. they tell you to call after 5:00pm the day before the summons date and see if your trial has been cancelled. The majority are. The last time I received a jury duty notice I was selected but then excused after most of the day sitting there and then after lunch break coming back and the defense lawyers asking a couple of other questions "for all jurors, even those already questioned". Which the judge said was strange but he would allow it. They then asked us all if we had any religious convictions that would keep us from siding with using marijuana...something like that. Anyway, I was the only one that raised my hand. This was a few years ago before any of the recreational use issues had been legalized. It was all about some drug use situation and so I was excused...as I walked out a friend who is a lawyer walked out, too. He caught up with me and said, Makes you think they looked you up on Facebook during lunch, doesn't it??? Hmmm? Anyway, I missed only one day of daycare and the attorney for the defense (there were three) had been staring me down and I stared him right back (Like Stop trying to intimidate me!) and who knows if they just thought I was giving them attitude or if I was too religious or what...so, I am hoping to not even have to go or to at least not get my number called to sit and be questioned.
        Boy...I said I would not go off, didn't I?

The pool is back to warm and wonderful in the morning.
        After daycare I am taking things to Good Will. More items and books. clothes are pretty much donated.

I hope you all have a good day and we meet back up soon!

Comment

Good morning. (Finally). ☕️
          I have been getting ready to go for blood tests this morning. Tomorrow morning I have an appt with my oncologist, and also get to send back the heart monitor.
          Wednesday I have a haircut appointment.

Cookie, I’m amazed at how much baking you manage to get done in a day. Even with helpers.

Maxie, it’s hot here, too, and heating up some more again. If you don’t see our insects, they’ve likely become crispy critters.

Donna, that was quite an experience at the jury duty selection. Not many people will stare down a lawyer. But childcare is an important function in today’s society, so I’m glad that you got excused.

Hope you all have a super duper day.☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Oh my, just came in from buying groceries and the grass boy is here. He wanted reassurances that the hornets were gone. I told him several times the exterminator was here and they were professionally KILLED and DEAD! I have such a hard time conversing with him but he does understand what I say...I
            just do not understand what he says. But he is paid and cutting. If that strip gets cut will be a miracle....

It is miserably humid out there and some allergen is in the air. Never had allergies like this before and you would think the older I get the more immunity I would have to whatever this air can have in it. Feel like something is sitting on my chest but I had to get out for bread and milk and after school snacks. Problem is Andrew and I share a fondness of the same snacks. I do not need the temptation. Going to call for a haircut yet today and have been reading reviews for optometrist. Some of those reviews are scary. Jon travels to Collinsville for his but I do not know how to get there plus I do not have eye insurance. Maybe I should wait until after allergy season anyway.

Ballgame tonight in St. Louis. We never made it to one game this summer...what did we do with our time and how did the summer go so fast. I just hate school starting...Have a good rest of the day..

Comment

Working...
            X