Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saturday 8/17 Rise & Shine....Show all your beautiful faces!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday 8/17 Rise & Shine....Show all your beautiful faces!!!!!

Good SUNNY Morning! I love the sunshine & having the windows open....airing out the burnt crust smell. LOL! Those darn chunks that fall in the oven smoke terribly.

I read yesterday but didn't have time to post, and it seems I wasn't the only one...short thread.

Thur & Fridays are extremely busy in my kitchen. Thurs I prep all the pies, which was approx. 80, and then Fri I bake them all off. Sounds simple enough, BUT there are crusts to be rolls, fillings to be made, egg washing each pie, then sugaring them, then stacking them carefully to all fit in 2 refrigerators. Thurs when I started, it looked like a had a ton of fillings made, but that was short lived. Had to get up yesterday and make 5 more pots.

I had LOTS of help getting it all accomplished, and I was still up midnight packaging the last of the pies. I was given some Italian prune plums, and I made them into a filling. Oh my! First off, the coloring is gorgeous, and the flavors is wonderful. Had enough to make 2 smaller pies.

Normally I only have Sue here until noontime, but yesterday we worked into the afternoon, so I ordered hoagies for us all for lunch...YUM! Now I did sort of cook dinner for us. Got the grill going and did up chicken and some veggies. Something different. Kathy dropped Blaise off just in time for dinner, but of course he turned his nose up to it all. Kids! They were asked to go camping in Erie for the weekend, so off they went. I was a wee bit frustrated, but I welcome my buddy home. I did take time to sit down and watch a movie with him (and nap).

I've got the first two rounds of pies baked. Will do the last 2 rounds once we get home from going to garage sales. Blaise is going to be thrilled...NOT! Maybe we'll go out for lunch. Then it's home to finish baking...just put round 3 in the oven...the apple pies. They always make a big mess of the oven.

Got a call last week asking me to make pies for the local band's Pie Festival. This will be third year they've ask me. Well she called yesterday asking if I'd be willing to make more for their order. Now they are up to 25 pies for Tues. It started with just 9. Guess we'll be busy Mon & Tue. That's fine. All my girls need the extra $$, and I couldn't do this without them.

Have a good one all!

Good morning! Pretty gloomy out there right now with rain moving in then a hot and humid afternoon.

I am feeling better...just some sore joints. Do not know what I had but I slept a lot of the day. Today no matter how I feel we have a funeral to attend. This is for the son of my cousin who was killed about two weeks ago out of state. I am going for my cousin and not his son...he left a trail of heartbreak and misery wherever he went but my cousin was always there with a big heart and his checkbook. Hopefully the rain stops early enough today.

Yesterday Jon picked up Andrew on his way home and brought his cousin Logan along. I really like Logan. He is a smart mouth like Drew and never been at all shy around me. I sat out and listened to them in the pool....two boys with their voices beginning to change trying to stand on their heads in the pool. I love it and will hate when they grow up. They were only here for a few hours...Logan's dad picked him up on his way home from work and Jon took Drew to meet his mother. Really hate to see summer go!

Andrew had me google what he wanted for his birthday. Since it is Wednesday he is not getting it...not the he was ever going to get a $700 remote controlled car!...but he did give me some Christmas ideas. We scrolled along the page and he was happy...I am giving him money to repair his old car which is always in need of repair and the Easter Bunny brought that only this Spring.,,and spent a shocking amount of money and broke her budget. This is a very expensive hobby but Drew and Logan work with Logan's dad and earn money for repairs. Like the repairs seem to be part of the fun..I do not get it! I texted Sierra to see how to save all the info he gave me and lo and behold she was in a good mood and all I did was send her the address and a picture and she stored it all for me. Sometimes she is not in the mood and will act like she doesn't know what I am talking about but yesterday she was in a great mood. Maybe that bf was not home? That would put me in a great mood!!!

Our balloon glow is also tonight and I am hoping the weather clears as predicted this afternoon. It is such a fun evening but I am doubtful after this morning and afternoon Jon will want to drive back home. He doesn't like sitting around that long waiting and you have to stake a spot early and get your supper from the food trucks before they sell out. It just gets bigger and bigger every year. Those people who hold the balloons like Beth volunteers for have to be a hardy bunch. I am not sure where her hometown is so hope they also have wonderful weather and miss any evening rain. Oh, and by the way, the Cardinals won last night Beth!!

We, I can hear the thunder rolling in so will fix another cup of coffee then get moving. Have a wonderful day everyone. Jo, did you get yours meds? Paula have a great weekend out of town!

Comment

• bethina
      bethina commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie I am in Centralia IL for the weekend. If you look at the map and go 60 miles from Saint Louis into IL you will find Centralia.

We didn’t get to fly This morning due to storms. All around us.

Last night was so much fun! I am exhausted this morning...headed for huge breakfast then running around. My friend has an archery event. I am going to that.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Beth I know where Centralia is...know most places in this area even if you are southeast of Alton! Hope this weather misses you...have a wonderful evening!

Good morning.

This morning I’m charging my monitors and trying to not tangle these stupid wires. What a PIA this “simple gadget” turns out to be. I have to change the adhesive tabs this morning.
    Yes, Maxie, my meds finally came in. Special delivery from CA.

Not much happening here. I’m going to have to get eye drops....I feel like I’ve got dry (itchy) eyes yesterday and today.
    Made an appointment for a haircut next week.

So, that’s all that’s going on here for now.
    Have an awesome day! ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

ok! Sitting in the SLC Delta terminal and just read Fri and today’s posts.
      i have had a great, quick visit with such wonderful friends.
      A couple in the midst of serious health issues, one in the middle of neighbor/property issues and all of us needing talking time!
      I bought a dress, a few gifts and ate what was offered and will not feel guilty!
      TSA has a K9 working here. Pretty cool! We were told to “ walk quickly towards the fan”. It was a regular box fan and the dog was walking around by us. A German shorthair pointer. He didn’t Point at me so all is well and I am sitting g in D9 area charging my phone.
      Ready to get back and have my own bed. The bed was ok and Linda’s sheets are heavenly but the pillow is awful. One was so hard I asked if it went to a chair. When I come back I will bring my own pillow!
      they also keep their air to Very cool. I used all the blankets on my bed and slep perfectly, even considering the pillow.
      I have a funeral next Saturday and was asked to bring a dessert. I have changed my mind about buying a cake and will now make one and stay for the service.
      I am already looking forward to Labor Day weekend. We are staying Home! Hoagies sound awesome and easy to take out.
      When I get home I have to do something with my LEGO table: toddlers just throw them but one 3 1/2 year old likes them.
      so I need to change the space a bit and I will be ( should be) ready for Monday.
      So good to read about your family and fun!
      and pies!
      take care and I will be back home and posting tomorrow.

Comment

We are home finally. It went as thought...family and friends I have not seen in a long while. All huggers...I am not a hugger and am thinking some of those people are going to be wondering where they got the sore throat tomorrow. But it is nice to see people or have people you have no idea are remembering you. Jon had a lady stop him and ask his name because he looked just like someone she knew from the back...MY DAD! Then he told me those ladies keep waving at you mom..I didn;t know them so he finally said just wave and smile. They came over after were seated in church and omg! I felt like an idiot not recognizing them. It was so nice and we all laughed at my not knowing them. My sister and I kept asking each other who is that who is that and who is that..we did a lot of smiling and waving at strangers! Of course there is always that question...do we look that old? Of course not! Some people just do not age as well as we have! LOL! No wonder they knew us and we didn't know them..ya know...he he.

Paula I would not have been happy with a dog sniffing me. Not a dog lover...glad you had a good time and are heading home.

I have changed my clothes and will sit and wait for the ballgame. Sun came out and it turned into a nice day. See you all tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
        X