Thursday 8/15/19

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 8/15/19

Good SUNNY Morning! Another glorious day.

OK KA...where are you? We know you are there. This waiting to see if someone will start this is getting old. LOL!

It's just more of the same around here. Pies & more pies. I've got the second round in the oven already. Today is big assembly day for Saturday's pie day...the stand & farmers market. No Sue today..she has to babysit a great niece. Kim is coming around noon.

Yesterday the regularly scheduled program was interrupted when I had to take Blaise to the dentist. He has to have 3 baby teeth pulled because the cavities are too big. Of course Miss Drama Queen insists that they have to be done at Childrens Hospital. Whatever. Everything is going to be handed over to her soon because I'm tired of being second guessed. She thinks she can do better, have at it...full time. On the way home I stopped for Chinese for dinner. I text Cork to let him know, and he called. There was ANOTHER accident in our yard. I think this is the 4th or 5th in 6 mos. It finally happened. The one car hit the Calvary Baptist sign. It's a big lit up sign in the corner of our lot that gives their information and then a lit up quote. Everyone knows about the sign. I love it. Makes me think all the time. The current one was No Problem is Bigger Than God's Purpose and Plan. Nobody got seriously hurt, thank goodness. Of course nobody cleaned up the mess that was left. Sign and car parts.

Blaise went home with his Mom for a couple nights, so I'm not on electronics monitor duty. Hate that duty. Of course she tells me how I should do it. So I'm here alone this morning just plugging along all by myself. Leftovers for dinner. Really need to work on the laundry today too. I want to bake the wedding cake today & get it in the freezer.

That's all that's going on in my tiny world. All the rest of you....come out, come out, wherever you are...and post!!!!

Good morning.
    There is a SNAFU in my getting my meds. I was on the phone most of yesterday, mostly on hold, trying to get it resolved and to understand why it’s so different here in getting them. Long story. I need to contact my last oncologist to see if she can help. I have pills til Saturday. So I’ll also get my new oncologist ‘s nurse on the phone and pester her some more. This is the one for my Fibrosis, which has been working well.

So I slept from 10:30 til 2 a.m., then I was up every hour dealing with anxiety and frustration. Then the phone rang at 5....nobody there. I hate this! At 6 a.m. I finally gave up on sleep. It will be an early night for me.

Then this afternoon I have a cardio appt. This situation isn’t leaving me in the best spirits for my EKG.

Weatherwise, it’ll hit 112° today (yesterday slipped up to 113°), but tomorrow it should drop a few degrees, for what it’s worth. I’m glad I won’t have to stay out in it for very long.

I managed to do laundry yesterday. So the day wasn’t totally shot.

Middle DD is coming over today. I need a few groceries. I’ll be missing the dinner hour here, so either I pick up a frozen meal/pot pie, or we will go somewhere.

And that’s my day.
    Have a good day, everyone.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Worrying won't help you or the situation. You sound like my Mom. She loses sleep from worrying. Now you KNOW Maxie & I would vote for going out to eat.

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Are we eating out today? I'll be ready!

Well the pastor from Calvary Baptist Church just stopped by. Their sign company is coming today to clean up the mess in our yard, and after the insurance company comes and checks out the damage that their client caused, the sign company will come back & remove the damaged sign. A new sign will go up after all hoops are jumped with insurance companies and the township. He's sure the rules have changed since the sign was put up 35 yrs ago. This is the first time in 35 yrs it's got hit.

Comment

Morning..have been here once before this morning but suddenly the computer shuts off and says it is updating. Excuse me? Never done that before and I wonder what makes this computer think they can just take over? Wait their turn!

Yesterday I did laundry and ironed and even threw chicken breast in the crock pot. Then Jon calls to say he will be late and THEN he had the nerve to say the chicken was a little dry. Funny mine was not but I ate several hours before he did. I am not cooking today.

Hey Beth, Cards and Cubs are tied for first again. We just swept Kansas City and now play the Phillies. Still lots of season to go but wanted you to know we are still close.

I slept in this morning until my legs started hurting and I had to get up and walk in here to my chair. Think I will just use Cookie as my exercise...she wears me out every morning! Easy enough to second guess you with Blaise when Kathy is not living the dream of raising a child. Whoa that is hard work! Especially now with all the computers and games and still trying to teach them to live with people and not electronics. We all need more interaction with real life people and maybe we would be more loving and understanding. I know, the world's biggest antisocial person is giving social advice.

Jo hope you get your meds fixed. That is an aggravation. Isn;t it nice to have your kids stop in? I am very happy that you have help as needed but that heat would be hard to handle every day.

Guess I'll go start the day. Have nothing to do today since I did it all yesterday. Jon just wandered up so he is off today. Wonder why? Have bills to pay and need to arrange for more money to pay the dentist for the broken tooth. Still have not ordered the new mattress and really need new glasses. None of the listed items are cheap. The next 4 months are heavy with birthdays starting with Andrew next week. Our birthdays are not spread out through the year but clumped mostly in the fall.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Is there a game on now? I hear a bar close by! Thought I heard the Natia al Anthem it the crowd noise is loud enough that I am not sure.
        Delta is handing out soda and snacks and water. Warm, but, what do I expect?

Oh, I AM SO upset> I am writing here first.
      A daycare parent just cam eto the door that has had the sign on it all month and I had texted everyone and even reminded them when they paid for the month that I am closed today and tomorrow...and she was I don't know what I am going to do...
      I don't know what I am supposed to do! Every other parent seems to know and read and remember and this will be such a Blight on my trip.
      I do not want this hanging over my head!

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        She took her kid and left right? This is not your fault since you obviously went out of your way to make sure people were informed. I would think a parent would be more alert to what concerns their children and maybe read a door or text from the daycare. You went above and beyond and no one else tried dropping a kid this morning did they?

Put it behind you and have a great trip.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, Maxie!
        Right! Everyone else remembered!

Ok, deep breath taken and I have to let it go. Margo, the mom, just have to figure it out. I will have to figure it out, too. More notices handed out and a bigger sign on the door? this one already was in Red!

I am on my way to gas up my car and drive it through the car wash. It will need it againafter the tripto the airport but I need to feel better righ tnow.
      It takes a little of the fun out of getting away, ya know? And my hair looks so good today. Aaagh! Make me stop!

Jo, I hope the meds get straightened out and you are able to stay out of the heat. Our temperatures are back in the 100's and the pool is back to warmer. No gasping when I first got in this morning.

I better go and get myself in a better mood.
      I hope the games go well, but since you two are for opposing teams I am not sure how that will happen...
      I will try and check in from my friend's in Ut but if I can't just know that I will be talking about you all. Not just thinking: I brag on you guys and all you do and overcome all the time!

Comment

I wouldn’t panic if this wasn’t a very Major Med for me. But thanks, I shouldn’t panic.
        All I’ve heard the last 2 days (til today) was negative (can’t, won’t, isn’t, none, don’t.......you name it).
        I left 2 messages on the nurse’s phone, letting her know I’m feeling great anxiety not knowing the status.
        So she apparently called their distributor, and I got a call from a very nice, reassuring young man. For some reason they don’t have all my insurance info. Later today I’ll be getting a call from one of his coworkers, before I have to go for me EKG. He promised that they were doing their best to expedite my prescription.
        Well, I certainly couldn’t ask for more.
        And yes, I feel better - much better - having heard something positive about it.

It is done! My meds will arrive tomorrow.
        I talked to their pharmacist at length - at least 1/2 hr - she was more concerned than any doctor how all my meds do or don’t interact with the other meds and vitamins. Plus - TA DA - it will be delivered to me here!
        Yay!
        Last edited by JoGee; 08-15-2019, 01:28 PM.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X