Tuesday..August 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday..August 13

Morning! More storms last night but I think they were south of us. Must have been some damage but I never heard thunder and not sure if it rained here. I am sleeping like a rock and do not understand why after not sleeping at all for so many nights into years before. Maybe I have 'let go' of some things or just adjusted to others? Even if it is a big fat sign for something I love sleeping at night! And sleeping through a storm isn't the worst thing in the world. Maybe someday I will be blown away in the middle of the night and just not know it...as long as when I go to crawl out of bed it isn't on the edge of a cliff!

Today I need to dig around and find something decent to wear tomorrow. We are having a birthday luncheon for an aunt. Several of my cousins have said they were going and my sister is driving here and I will drive the rest. I am actually looking forward to it. I know, shock, right! But finding a decent top could be a problem....I seem to have more Blues and Cardinal shirts than actual classy tops. Remember Roseanne's grandma , Rosemary Clooney?, well I am not that bad yet but similar in style.

Made the meatballs..they are on trays freezing and need to be bagged now. Andrew's birthday is next week so he can choose if he wants to eat home or out. Need to pin him down for a gift too. But for today I will clean up my bedroom after going through the closet and being disgusted with clothes....know that will happen! Been there before. Since I will be digging around need to find something for Saturdays funeral. Looks like I will be cleaning closets today.

Going to be hot again today...heat index gave us a feel of 110 yesterday but only 95 today. Ok gotta go. Have a wonderful day each of you. Karlinanne did you ever get you pain shot? Maye nice to see you even if it is late...give David a hug!

Good morning..Feeling frumpy this morning! I did sleep enough last night or well. Maxie we got that storm and I was awake during it! My poor kitty was scared and felt that I needed to be awake with her. . Foot is better. Toe is extremely tender.

My first day back to work went well. We were either extremely busy or not busy at all. We served 155 students in a 45 minute time span. The rest of the time was sitting around. I did some salad bar prep and cleaned lots of glass.

Today I will come home clean my kitchen up. I need to unload dishwasher and find the bottom of my sink.

Comment

Good morning, Maxie all others who peek into our cyber home.

Maxie, I sure hope your bed doesn't end up on the side of a cliff. I'm afraid you'd wake me on your way down.

We got 2 " of rain yesterday evening and last night. We needed the rain so bad. I have large cracks in my yard. But the rain was forecasted so yesterday I got out and played in the dirt. Of course I had to take a pick-axe to make the hard dirt where I could pick it up with a shovel. I filled a hole or 2 with the dirt I was moving around. The areas look good this morning.

Had another contractor to come by yesterday to look at the front porch. Either he is good at just looking at a job, or he isn't interested in doing a small job. He didn't take not 1 measurement. But he said he would call me this afternoon with the estimate. So if he calls, I'll see if he wants the job.

Time to get busy. Hope all have a great day.
      Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning to you all! ☕️
        We are getting 108° today, then upwards from there as the week progresses.
        Today not much is going on. Just some laundry.
        I did finish crocheting the baby blanket I’ve been working. I’m not sure if it’s for a boy or girl, but I can add
        small flowers to it if need be. I posted a picture of it on the back of a chair. It’s a simple, free-hand pattern.

Have a great day. ☀️
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          Your blanket is beautiful!

Still dark here, but it is morning. I have salmon cooked for my lunch today and I can smell it right now! I really like it but the reason I made it this morning is I am out of cat food! How did that happen? And the cat was staring me down so I figured we could both have some salmon and that will keep her happy until I go to the store after daycare on my way home from my hair appointment.
        Also this is the last day for school kids; they start tomorrow. Both kids are going but to different districts. I realized that the three kids all go to different school districts...anyway, I am making cupcakes as soon as I get off here and that will help the salmon aroma if anyone does not like it.

Maxie, it was goin gthrough my closet and the wash that I saw I needed some new tops. I wore one yesterday but I am saving the rest for my trip. I do like getting away but my friend who I alsways stay with has moved into a smaller home andnow has her adult daughter there, too and I am thinking it is going to be crowded. Fun, but a lot of stuff. So, I also enjoy coming home...
        Every email now is funny, between the friends from college: less and less are bringing food. Usually we have a lot to too much food. The last email was two are not able to come, two will be coming but probably not bringing anything, and I am flying in so three will be doing all the food??? I told Linda (who I stay with) to pick the best place to get a salad to buy. I am not showing up without something. And the box of Sees candy is not my idea of "food."

Anyway, it is about getting together with old friends, right? And Food! right?

Ok, I still have a clean table top, but my washer and dryer got piled yesterday with papers and things from daycare. Today is clear and toss! Garbage goes out tomorrow.
        and a word to the wise: Brussels sprouts are worse than any ting from daycare or yard clean up to be in a garbage for more than an hor!
        Next time I throw out some I will wait till the moment I take the cans out to the front! And it was a bag of uncooked so I really just wasted my money and then had to deal with their pungency!

I hope you all have a good day!
        Jo, your post last night was so touching.
        big love and hugs to all of you!

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          I certainly believe Sees candy is food! We used to have a store in the mall but it closed long ago. I miss their chocolate suckers. Oh, who am I kidding, I miss all their candy and it is to food!!!

I got a call as I was getting ready to begin getting ready for work. Not a call you want to get! I found out a close friend from Illinois has cancer. Some of our other friends are reaching out to him today. I will wait for them to call me tonight.

Comment

Working...
        X