I guess it is monday!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess it is monday!

Well, I have to start all over! I lost it all! Grrrrr!

It has been pretty chaotic and I have not done much lately. A good friend got into serious trouble and that has been tough. I have been kind of hiding under a rock, but I promise I won't bother you with the details.

The good news is that it isn't supposed to rain today! I am soooooo glad to hear that! I am waterlogged. I know how Noah and his family must have felt! It has been HOT, WET and MUGGY forever here! According to Alexa, it will be 93 degrees today. I guess that is better than triple digits! So, I will try to stop complaining!

I am having problems with one of the residents. (This is a 1st!) She has an AL tag on her car. It is a veteran's tag, but not a disabled tag and she parks in the handicap spot in front of my apartment. She is NOT handicapped! I have never seen anyone with her! The leasing agents, and security patrol officers, are trying to find out if she is legally parking (we all doubt it!) but it is taking them forever! I wish she would move out!

One of the guys who helped build my brother's house is from Honduras (they live there now) and his wife just had twins last week. The babies were delivered by C-section and the wife was in a coma and not expected to live. (If she did survive the coma, they didn't know how much brain damage she would have.) Her name is Aracely. The family can definitely use some prayers. There are other children at home also.

I have an appointment with my cardiologist in a few hours from now. My neurologist decided, why I don't know, that I needed to see him! If you have an extra prayer or good thought you could offer up for me, I could use any you can spare. I won't bore you with details, but some medical problems are making life a bit rocky. Thanks!

I have become addicted to Good Witch and Blue Bloods! (Not in that order! LOL) Of course, being from Brooklyn and having a grandfather who was a Sargent {Bage #4} on the NYPD both play a huge part in my obsession! I can't figure out why I love Good Witch - I don't have any good witches in my family - only the other kind. *sigh*

Have a happy Monday y'all - and follow it up with a great week!!!

"God loves us so much, He gave us friends!" Amen! http://roundersonline.org/core/images/smilies/smile.png

Good morning Rounders, good morning Punkin. I had to wait until the dust settled before posting again. That Sunday when the computer ate the post, that was an accident. I was trying to change my avatar and I accidentally deleted the entire page. I don't know how it happened, but one minute it was there and the next everything was gone. I was so sick about it, but I didn't know how to get it back and I was sure that all of you would be upset. Heck, I would be upset.

So, I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me and know that I didn't mean for that to happen. We have also had a lot of T Storms and just yesterday we lost power again. It happens a bunch up here on this hill. Our phone is out again and that happens frequently also.

"Only love can be divided endlessly, and still not diminish." ~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Comment

• Punkin
      Punkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think you had anything to do with my disappearing post! So do not beat yourself up and don’t apologize! IF You did, you are certainly forgiven.

Welcome home Karlinann!!! You have been missed!!!! Punkin good to see you to!

I am awake and need to start thinking about getting ready for work. Today is my first back! The summer went fast. Today at work shouldn’t be horrible! Lot of learning! I don’t expect many students yet class don’t start until the 25.

My foot/toe is really bothering me this morning.

Comment

Good SUNNY Morning!

For yesterday being my "day off", it sure didn't work out that way. Came home from church & delivered the pies for the day immediately. I only had 10 mini pies in the order, and 5 walked out before I left. I made an executive decision and came home, and made 10 more mini pies. Got those delivered & put the other 8 pies I had already pre-made in the refrig into the oven. She didn't end up wanting any of them, but had me save them for today. While cleaning up the dining room, I found a basket we forgot to take down yesterday morning, so zipped right down at 3pm and delivered those. All the mini pies were gone, so those 4 were welcome.

Blaise had been with Kathy since Thur morning, and she called for me to meet them at 330. Got him, and headed out the door to go play cards at my SIL. She forgot to order the pizza from Pizza Hut. I normally do it & even offered because that order would have earned us enough points for a large anything pizza the next time. She got a pizza from Fox's Den & it was lousy and cost way more & was smaller. Told her she didn't get that job anymore. She had her chance. I'll order & she'll pick up like usual. LOL! We've been starting an hour earlier because the older ladies like to leave & get home before dark.

I came home and baked 4 more pies for orders they got yesterday afternoon. I mumbled & grumbled, but it got done. Also filled pots with different fruits for fillings. Got those one as soon as I got up this morning. They cook so much faster when the berries are thawed. Mopped the floors and tried to make the place look cleaner than usual because my neighbor lady is coming to work this morning. She's a bit fussy I think. She ask about hair nets, and we don't use them. This may be her first & last day. Kim called last night & I was surprised. I thought she was on vacation one more week. Anyways, she's coming later this morning & working too. Sue will be coming too, but she has an eye appt first.

All things will come to a halt about mid-afternoon when Blaise & I go for our haircuts. I feel like a bush woman & Blaise looks like a bush boy. He finally agreed to get his hair cut. There is karate tonight.

It's wonderful to see you Val & KA! KA...if that was the worst thing that happened in our days, we are doing good. Nobody was mad, just confused, and wondering about our sanity. LOL! Good to see you back. Now you've got a job, so carry on. We expect you to start this thread bright & early, and we want to hear about your flowers.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        KA I completely agree with cookie! How are the knees?

Morning! A very wet morning here. Rain gauge says 3 inches over night and the satellite is just up so listening for today's weather. Suppose to be 95 with high humidity. Wow some areas received 7 inches over night. Guess we were lucky.

Yesterday I ended up driving home to meet up with Sierra and take her to lunch. She was alone so it as worth the drive. We had a very nice meal and she did not take him home a plate. I hate when he doesn't show but I still have to pay for her to bring him food. Yes, I still resent putting food in his stomach. I know you are saying it is time I get over it but I cannot like him. On the way home I ran into Kohl's to look for jeans for Andrew and could not find his size. I ran into another store and still no luck so I called his mom and she said Penney's. I know she hates Penney's and ask why there...only place she could find his size. Well, there you go. I am off to Penney's later today when the rain stops. Have to get out and pay Sierra's car insurance anyway. Think I'll pick up some hamburger and make a big batch of meatballs for the first day of school next week. Actually none of us are celebrating school starting around here. Now I will have to cook every night...except for carryout night and then Drew's mom always picks him up early Fridays and they do a family meal out. That leaves me 3 meals to cook every week. EVERY week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing much new around here but my gripping and that is old news. Delegated phone calls and ordering flowers to my sister. I handled the original calls so she can do the informational ones. She can just send out a mass text and not have to talk to people. Did I mention we share the antisocial gene?

Karlinann good to see you back. Punkin nice to see you post. Beth glad you will have an easy day with your sore foot. Cookie you just keep on baking. Do all those women get along all day? I worry that I would be the only one wanting to work in a corner alone! Once the rain lets up I will shower and start my running. First job of the day is cleaning the kitchen table. I have a neat gene that is becoming more prominent as I age...I will always have job security Living here. Want to stop and look at yarn today too. You ladies have gotten me wanting to crochet again.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        thinking I had company coming I spent a lot of time cleaning my kitchen table and now hope to keep it clear for awhile...
        Speaking of meals, I started to count up how many I have had to make just for childcare and realized I didn't want to know. too many!
        I am making a lot of sandwich andeasy meals this week. Part of my vacation mind set.

Wow! Great morning to read both Val and Karlinann's posts!
      I don't know how I forgot to post yesterday but I did...I also ended up not having company so that wasn't the reason. My friend who was coming called late Saturday and said her oledest son was just hospitalized. He is on dialysis and developed and infection. He lives with her.

Val. Blue bloods is one of my go to shows during nap time. I love all the family connection woven into the police drama. Your Brooklyn background is something I would love! For whatever reason it just pulls me into any story line setting.
      So good to read your post and hope the trouble with residents doesn't bother you for long.

Karlinann, I just go into Worry mode. So really good to read nothing to really worry about and that should be a lesson for me, but it is one of my default modes...

Monday and one child will be starting back to school today. Two others still here and will enjoy them while I can.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday so we had a wonderful store bought (!) cake. It was a Swiss chocolate layer cake with two different fillings. I was goingto make her a Coco Cola cake but when I saw this one I knew she would be just as happy and it freed up my time, We took her out to dinner to her favorite restaurant where youget pie free for your birthday. she always chooses the Marionberry pie and for once, I did not have any pie. Iusually choose lemon or chocolate.

I found 5 tops at Macy's on Saturday! then we went to Kohl's where Becky looked and I did not and she got three really cute tops. It was a good shopping day.

We have had cooler weather. Only in the 80's! My mom said her birthday has never been so nice! This week it will go up into the 90's but we have not had the scorching summer heat that makes everyone post pictures of our thermometers. It has made the pool cool down and that is Wonderful! Usually I am swimming in bath water temps. This morning it was cool and just right to wake me up!

I hope the week starts out fine and dandy for all of us.
      I work only 3 days this week and then will go for a weekend to see my college roommates.
      So I am not complaining about toddlers or preschoolers or school kids...we will see ow long that lasts

Comment

I got all the running finished...except looking for yarn but that is because someone who was uninvited joined me this morning and he wasn't going to do that. Well, what can I say? He drove and I got lunch!

Funny he commented while in the restaurant about all the grandmas and kids. Duh, those grandma's were doing exactly what I had done without the kid...shopping and taking the kids to lunch before school starts. My boy grand will not shop with me unless it is for shoes then he is so picky he makes it a miserable day..ya know? The girl grand would shop with me everyday if she had the time!

We had so much rain last night that we passed a flock of very pretty geese swimming in a yard. I would have liked to take a picture but we were in to big of a hurry to splash the overflow on the road. Do men ever grow up? But he was actually good company at lunch so he'd had his limit of niceness for the day! He is a hoot!! He likes me to shop at Penney's with him because I normally have a reward of some type and a coupon, which I did today, but I also made him buy 24 pair of socks..it was buy one packet and get the other half price. He needs socks because I do his laundry! These are suppose to be absorbent so he can pitch every pair he already has. I like to buy my tees and socks during the back to school sales because you get the bigger packages at cheaper prices for back to school. I wear tees under everything including my jams in the winter. When you are a child of summer you get pretty darn cold in the winter! Made 3 meat loafs last week. If I let Jon rest a minute from carrying groceries..poor delicate boy...he will help roll balls. So I like doing that when he is home. Since we are feeding a kid soon to be 13 and that darn bf we need bigger meat supplies. Food melts at our table!!

I am going to strip my bed yet today so better get going. It will be jammie time before you know it. Where did summer go and where do the hours of a day go? I remember my mom telling me the older you get the faster times passes. Well crap...I must not have much time left!

How nice to have a trip to look forward to Paula. I love taking trips but I love coming home just as much....

Going to now sit down and make up meatballs for freezing.

Comment

Good afternoon!
          This morning I had an early appointment for a PetScan.......no, they didn’t find any pets. I had to get there first thing so I was up early for that. I didn’t get back home til 12:30. I had been fasting since last night, so I made a quick lunch.
          I did a bit of crocheting on the baby blanket...I’ll have it finished tonight or tomorrow. Then ready to start the next one.

hi Punkin. Glad to see you posting! Be patient with that thoughtless lady. Let the police handle it in their own time. And never wish bad things on another, I’m told it can come back and bite your butt. My MIL used to remind herself , “There, but for the grace of God, go I”.

hi KA, welcome back. You were missed. I am so glad you & your hubby are okay.

beth, I’m looking forward to what you learn at the new station.

Maxie, you’ve had a very busy day. It’s time Sierra and bf bought You a meal. That’s step one before adulthood, if they do.

cookie, those pies sure keep you going! It’s almosr cookie baking season, isn’t it? You’ll have to send me your updated cookie list this year. Really!

Paula, your mom’s birthday cake sounds so good! I wish our stores would have something like that once in a while. Our stores have no imagination....always the same ol’ common cakes all the time.
          Lucky you going on a little trip. When our weather gets to livable temps, maybe I’ll consider a short trip somewhere.

So, not much new here. Thursday I have my heart rate tested. I’ll have the heart monitor for 3 days then mail it back to them. And 1 more follow up with this guy.
          Hope you enjoy what’s left of today. ☀️
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

good late evening
            was fun reading this long post tonight. we are a mixed crowd ,, I love it.

I spent most of the day ,--------,after the routine chores were done,,,, the laundry was done, the bed made, the kitchen cleaned up . lunch prepared.,,bills checks made out, stuffed in their envelopes and mailed..etc etc .-----------------.... I crocheted on the crib afghan. almost finished , crossing my fingers for I am running out of the the last color.. this will be Number 11.. all from the yarn Donna got me last fall.

did not feel very good today.. achy joints.. must be a weather change acoming our way.

Hubby dear keeps me hopping these days.. he tries walking around inside the house without cane or walker.. and the FALL will come one of these days.. He sleeps a lot in his recliner.. still has a good appetite.. but is slowly losing weight... ahhhhhhh this old age stage is no fun at all.....

see you tomorrow.

Comment

Maye, I just finished my baby blanket. It’s the right size for a car seat or stroller, or rolled up in a car window to block the blazing sun. I might still like to add little scattered flowers to it, but haven’t decided for sure yet. I need to ask if they know if it’s a boy or girl yet.

It is hard to see someone you love decline.. Ellis is the guy who never gets sick. Oh, he did damage his knees, then his shoulder. Toward the end he was upset about starting to “lose words”, and he had quite a vocabulary. But we do forget words sometimes at this stage, right. Also misplacing things, and forget little things. Then he went in for surgery. He was laughing, joking around, and the entire floor of medical staff loved him. After the surgery he hurt, but was hanging in as hard as he could. But he did lose his words and we couldn’t understand any of his words then. The heart surgery was a success, but when all his organs suddenly collapsed so did my world.

D better listen to you. If he damages anything in a bad fall.......well, we can hope for no more than bruising. But he has joints and organs that you just don’t know how they will react to the impact.
              I suspect that E had a few falls in the yard, also the garage and his computer room.....which he wouldn’t tell me about.
              ”That noise was nothing, honey....just boxes tumbled over.” I don’t want to think back in retrospect, because I heard the noises, or saw torn dirty clothes that were in the laundry. But didn’t really expect how it ended up for him. Apparently, neither did he. Yes, I agree, old age can be deceiving.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X