Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday...August 11th

Good morning everyone.

AWWWW a day of rest for this week. It is Church day, so will go to Church then out to eat.

Yesterday I finally got the crawl space board cut and into place. My SIL and I went to Menards Friday, so got the handle I needed to put on the board. My crawl space here is in the floor of the laundry room. The board that was here was getting a bit "weak" on the one end, and I was afraid it would give away, and down I go into the crawl space.

Also got the tree root knots cut off. They were sticking up so high that I would have to raise the mower deck to go over them. Now I don't think there is any danger of bending a blade. Also cut out a tree root that was in the way of my neighbors mowing. He asked me to use my saw, but he was on his way out, so I cut it, and got rid of it. It was also in my way so it was a win win situation.

Well folks "that's the end". Hope all have a good day.

Last edited by jostoy; 08-11-2019, 07:29 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

I am up..I didn’t sleep well at all. Yesterday I was cleaning my bathroom and turned to get something when I turned I caught toe on the corner of shower wall. Ended up with sprained toe missing most of its toe nail. It hurt so bad!!! Needless to say sore toe and weighted blanket were not a good combo.

Today I will keep foot elevated and be more careful

Comment

Morning. I was sleeping away last night when Scott texted at 1 AM to say he was finally home. Their flight was delayed in Denver and it put him hours behind. After they landed in St. Louis they still had a 2.5 hour drive to Sikeston. Made for a very long day for him and naturally I did not go back to sleep for hours after being woke up. However he said they got double time and a half pay for travel time. Profitable 12 hours.

Sierra is coming by today with her insurance money and her dad is working. Maybe we will go out for Chinese or order a pizza. I want to run to Kohl's to look for jeans for Andrew. Also need bread and milk. You know how we waited all summer for those tomatoes to turn? Well, only one plant has produced and produced and still producing...we are getting tired of tomatoes! Been giving them away...

Well, you might want to sit down for this but.....I cleaned house yesterday! Yep, I swept floors then mopped them, dusted, clean the baths, but things away in the kitchen...emptied all the trash cans. Went into Drew's room and picked up the junk off the floor and straightened his bed. He never sleeps in it because he sleeps on the couch in the boys cave when he stays but he does lay on it to play games in his room. He can walk through a room and leave a mess in his wake!! He is just one of those kids who never picks up after himself and there was a pile of ice cream and candy/chip wrappers on his dresser. On the other side, his trash can was empty so didn't need to worry about that! I know his mom is on him about being so sloppy but I think that is just who he is.

Texted with that cousin yesterday and it went as I thought. Need to call my sister today to discuss that. She resents having to care for her mother in law, my aunt, who is in assisted living and is so mean about it. Her son just goes along with her nastiness. OMG, wouldn't you just love to have your parents around to visit with? Plus this aunt is a sweetheart! We are meeting up Wednesday for a birthday lunch for her and I will bet this son and DIL will not be there. My sister will drive an hour to come here so we can drive another 45 minutes to this lunch and are happy to do it. Several cousins are coming. Do not understand people.

Funeral is set for the other cousin who was killed last week for next Saturday. He died out of state so the paperwork must have been monumental...knowing Illinois there were probably a bunch of fees. This is on my dad's side of the family and we do not see much of them so it could be a long day.

Beth don;t you start work soon? Hope that toe heals quickly. How painful for you!! Jostoy, I never knew you could cut those roots off. I guess it never occurred to me but I know they are annoying. Glad to hear you are taking today off. Jon brought in the mail the other day and said there is something living in the mail box. What?! Yesterday I looked we have a box with a paper slot and it has a door in front but open in back. It is a bird nest. We have a bird nest in the bottom half of the mailbox...How cute! He never bothered to open the paper section to look. Some little bitsy bird is nesting in the paper slot!

Well time to make another cup of coffee and listen to the news. I know I should take Sunday off from news consumption because it is not good for your mental health. But how can you? What a mess it is out there! Have a wonderful Sunday and do something that makes you happy!!!!

Comment

• bethina
        bethina commented
        Editing a comment
        Maxie I actually start work tomorrow

Good morning everyone. ☕️
      I got almost 6 hrs of sleep last night. For me that is good! Anyway I feel rested.
      Last evening, there were a bunch of good movies on TV. I watched Men in Black 1 & 2. (Okay, I’ve seen them all before, but MIB is ridiculously funny.). I caught the ends of a couple other movie favorites as well.

Yesterday my middle DD and her daughter stopped by with her sister’s rescue dog, a Maltese mix. He’s beautiful and perfectly behaved. They also brought sandwiches and drinks for dinner, a nice surprise.

Today is beautiful and sunny. It’s still in the low 100°’s, but tomorrow the mercury will start rising again.
      so I will just enjoy the day.

Oh, yesterday there was a jewelry sale going on. 2 vendors. I bough a matching ring, earrings set with multicolor agate gemstones. It does flash different colors in the light. I also got a silver band with (I’m sure it’s cubic zirconia gems on it). Everything was marked down 50% for us seniors. Then I’d gotten a FREE pair of somewhat gaudy earrings, a mixture of various birthstones including opals......all gemstones were cut to the same little size and placed identically on both. Gaudy, yet pretty. Whether I keep them or gift them, I don’t know. I feel like I was lucky, and I hope this vendor returns. She had a tray of other things that others won in a drawing before she left.

Today will be a quiet day. I’m almost done with a small baby blanket. Good size for stroller or car seat, or roll up on the window to block baby from the hot sun.

I have special yarn on order for another baby blanket, but it won’t get here for a week. I hate waiting. This week, then, I will take scrap yarns and make small flowers to attach to one or both blankets? Both baby showers are next month.

I am ready for breakfast. We will see what today brings.
      Have an awesome day. ☀️

Last edited by JoGee; 08-11-2019, 09:14 AM.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
      X