Saturday...August 10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday...August 10

Looks like you all got up with a plan or are still sleeping in. I am up but have no plans. Really should do some housework. Got a text from a cousin I ignored last night so I have to respond today. Just do not want to get caught up in anything or hours of gossip. Ok, there is my antisocial showing through. And why text? Some of these old people carry it to far you know? just pick up the phone and call.

Oh well, just shows I really need to get busy around here and work on maybe boosting my social pheromones...might even get some cleaning done.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

I have a pretty quite weekend planned..no plans today or tomorrow. I go back to work on Monday.

I figured out the problem with my worker. She is having some pretty major problems with2 of her other clients. I feel bad for her.

Comment

Good morning, ☕️
      I managed to sleep in today. That is rare for me.
      The sky is all grey today, so there is a possibility of rain today. I hope so.

I do not have any plans for this weekend. I plan to relax some...I’ve got the Easy Listening music channel on today, and that helps relaxation. Gathered are 2 days of medical tests coming up this coming week, so I don’t want to be frazzled for that. Any house cleaning will be light chores.

It would be nice if one of my DDs dropped by. Just because. The blond ones are fun, funny, and witty.

I can’t think up any more news, so maybe I’ll work on a crochet project.
      Have a fantastic day! ☀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        I really want to crochet again. Maybe I will look for my hook and buy some yarn and hope my hands will let me. I always had an afghan started and it made me smile that my sister has some on mine thrown over couches and chairs both upstairs and in the family room. I never could do fancy hand work like I am sure you are doing or Maye does. You are giving me the bug to try again!

Jo, we got rain and all the works last night. Midnight to be exact! thunder woke the dogs up and the wind blowing the blinds and banging around woke me up. Lots of lightening and one big tree on a main street knocked down and a small fire behind an elementary school because of hits. I know because I turned on my phone and looked a tFacebook. so many pictures of the lightening! somepeople have great cameras. And the posts by the police scanner group were full of the updates on the tree and the fire...finally got bck to sleep around 1:30 and then decided to not swim this morning and willwait till later today.

I do have a few things to do today. An appointment at 8:30, then go to REdding for Becky's oil change. while her car is being serviced we are going shopping.

Jo, I read a report !?) that crocheting helps keep our minds focused and is calming...so keep it up and I need to get out my hook and yarn.

OUr temps have been nothing short of miraculous. It felt like summer on the coast the last few days. High in the 80's. I am not ready for Fall, yet, but it sure makes a difference in childcare when we can go outside in the afternoon for a little.

I have a friend coming this weekend. She lived her and raised her kids here and then whenshe and her husband divorced she moved away to finish her schooling and now practices family therapy counseling (mostly children) in OR. She is coming down because her ex is not expected to live much longer and the kids are coming to say their good-byes. Not always the best of feelings between the ex's or the new wife, but it is a good thing to have a coming together now. Anyway, Kathy is staying here and I have to get tings ready.

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday and we are making Donna's orange chicken. My mom loves Chinese but Becky does not and this is the perfect compromise. We all Love it! Cake will be from the bakery. Having Kathy here will make it moer of a party than the just us regular three.

This next week is a three day work week for me: Iam going to Utah to my college roommate reunion. I am not going to miss all the emails going back and forth as one in particular keeps asking the same questions over andover aobut time to get there and directions to the house...byt, since I am being picked up at the airport and driving with my BFF I am just shutting up and scrolling on! Micromanagers aer not my style!

Have a wonderful day and I hope youget some rain or sun, whichever makes you happy!
      Probably no rain for Donna and the fruit stand..

Comment

Hello! It's a beautiful sunny day here. In the mid-70's. Not warm enough for me to go in the pool, but I love that I can have my windows open. Yesterday was pretty too.

Yesterday was definitely not as crazy as last Friday, though I baked as much. Was much more organized. The only monkey wrench thrown in was when Linda called around 330 and was stressed because she had 13 pies left and didn't want me to bring too many today. Well the baking was all done. I finally got a great idea, and called their nephew Josh and ask if I could add more pies to his Farmers Market order, so he ended up with 45 pies to sell. He sold them all this morning!!!! Wants the same for next week.

I had made a fresh peach pie for Sue & decided to make another for us. I ask Becca if she wanted to come down last night for dinner (Chinese take out). I then text my cousin Linda and ask if her & her Mom would like to come play cards. We played until 10pm, then I had to get back to baking. I was so tired by midnight that I just gave up & put everything in the refrig.

This morning Cork & I hit up a few garage sales before going to the stand. We got there early so I could repackage all of the leftover pies. She puts them in the milk house for the night & they get condensation in the bag when brought out. This year I decided I was going to put them in new bags & relabel them. They look better. We then went to several more sales & got home here about noontime.

I have to get busy again. I've got to bake 2 pies for the one restaurant. Don't know when Blaise is coming home. Planning on just having leftovers for dinner.

Have a good one all!

Comment

hey ,Im here....

been in the crochet ing mood.. ... No I don't make fancy ones anymore... Read back in my notebook where I have record of what I made and whom I gave the afghan to... and see I make some that I don't even have the directions for anymore. Made almost 100 and gave all but 2 of them away.. I kept my First one, and one other that was my favorite. what I am making now I'm calling Crib Afghans.. they are basically plain single or double crochet with different color yarns.each row.. and the approx size of a crib mattress... meant to be given to
          babies and little people.. As I have mentioned before. Donna found this HUGE bunch of yarn at garage sale. and brought it to me. so far I have made 11 of the Crib sized Afgs. and still have yarn to make more..

yes crocheting does help your mind to calm down... and I tend to count stitches .don't need too.. but it settles the nerves too..
          just hope the wrist and fingers stay limber enough.. so far, great....... making grease balls for Donna helps too..

Daughter Family who were ALL together, vacationing for a week in Tenn. called about 8pm.. they were HOME.. Thank you Lord for answered prayer.. . the highways are sooooo busy and scary,

better go check my email... since I switched phone companies.. and have new address which I will add here.. I have few things on my email so far... my new email address is---- mayebarne@zoominternet.net .....

Comment

Working...
          X