Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday....Aug 9th

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was good. Busy as usual. Got to see & chat with a couple of actual customers who came to pick up. It was just Sue & me yesterday but we still kicked butt. Met Kathy before Sue arrived, and she took Blaise for the next 3 days. I love that booger, but I get tired of being the electronics police. Cooked a real meal for us. We watched a couple episodes of NCIS, though I fell asleep during the first one. Worked all evening. Thursdays are my busiest day because I'm prepping for the Saturday stand, but also the farmers market stand. Mission accomplished.

I've got the first round of pies in the oven. I think I figured there is going to be 6 rounds of pies going in & out. Sue and Theresa will be here this morning.

I'm hoping I can get in for a haircut this afternoon. I've finally had it with my mop. After that I'm going to pick up Chinese for dinner. Sesame chicken....YUM!!!! I'll probably work thru most of this evening, but then I'll be pretty free tomorrow....I hope.

Becca got back from her schooling in Orlando. She was so afraid flying alone, but found out it wasn't so bad after all. I told her. They told them not to get a flight out before 2pm. Class ended at 11am. The hotel was only 15 min from the airport. She had tons of time. LOL! Now she's more confident for the next time.

Time to get busy. First round of pies out & second in. Do you know how much smoke burning crust pieces cause on the bottom of a stove? A lot!!!

Have a good one all!

Good morning everyone.

Maxie you asked about the Dr. appt. Well he is a P.A. and hadn't even heard of the Lazer/sonogram procedure. AND yet he just got his license last year. Since I'm not to "hep" on the DBS, he has me on my medicine 3 times a day instead of 2.

As to estimate, yes I got 1 yesterday, 1 at noon today and 9:30 Monday. Then I will see who gets the job. I am going with the vinyl as it is maintenance free. Lets face it, I don't know how much longer I will be able to get up a ladder. Everyone charges so much more for the work, whatever it is, than what Illinois did.

Got all my laundry done yesterday. Then tried programing my car to the garage door opener. Well I managed to lose all my codes and had to call a garage door guy. So that was $80.00 spent for nothing. Why I say nothing is that my car is too old for the opener. It takes at least a 2013 car to be compatible. I followed you tube directions as my niece had told me. Neither of us new about cars being too old for the newer openers.

Today I hope to get to the "under sink" job. Yesterday I finished washing all the windows. Had 4 that I couldn't get to because of the yews. Then after they were pulled, I had to wait for the dirt to settle so I could get on the ladder to clean the outside.

Enough of my "tales" so everyone have a great day.
    Last edited by jostoy; 08-09-2019, 07:48 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
      Paula A commented
      Editing a comment
      Does PA stand for physicians assistant? Nurse with added courses...

Morning...I am just crawling out of bed and Cookie is up and at it already! You must jump our of bed mornings on the run.

Thinking I may run out for a pedi this morning then run into the grocery store. Talked with Drew's mom yesterday and I ask if he was coming after school this year and she said yes. She laughed and said she is tired of feeding him this summer ! What a difference in mothers. Talked in person to this one for over an hour and it was pleasant...text the other for 5 minutes and want to slap her. Go figure!

Going to hear some weather and then get moving. Have a great day.

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Drew's Mom is wise. Life is so much easier & happier if everyone just gets along.

The night before I set the Delay Bake for 620am, so that when I get up a little after 630, the oven is ready to start baking pies. I've got the first 65 already done, now I have to do the apple pies & 3 other small pies still in the refrig that I didn't have room for earlier. I have all but the apples prepped the night before & in the refrig & ready to bake. So when it's all said & done today, I will have made 76 pies. It's not as bad as it sounds. I made the pot pie size, 8" shallow, and 9" deep. My next project is to assemble pies for baking tomorrow....approx. 30 pies and those will be for the stand on Sunday. I get confused some days on what day I'm working on.

Like I said before, I'm looking forward to the day I don't have to do all this & have a clean kitchen & dining room. I do like that I have a good excuse for ordering dinner out.

Morning..I made it as far as the couch but I am going back to bed.

I’ve had it with my new helper! I was not feeling well Wednesday so we basically moved everything to yesterday afternoon. I didn’t get a call or text. Until after she was supposed to be here. Apparently there was some sort of semi emergency situation so she had to spend some time in the office with supervisors dealing with it. Then she got a client dumped on her. One of the supervisors insisted. She was going to call me when she could. I never heard from her. Today will be spent waiting on her to call. If I don’t hear anything by mid afternoon I am calling her supervisor. It’s one of my last days before I return to work and I have stuff to get done.

Comment

I have some things to do before the kids arrive, but this is the one I am doing now. Hope you all are having a good morning.
      Jostoy, I amtrying to find a YouTube video on how to remove the drain cover in my bath tub and clean it out, but the only ones I can find are not like mine (simple circle with holes in it and a screw holding it). I am worried about getting it off and Not being able to get it back connected to the lever to open and close the drain. I am just going to try it and if I can't get it back connected I will put a rubber drain cover down...which won't help for showers; see my dilemma?

One child is bringing treats today as his school starts Monday. He came in yesterday and announced The kids have to vote! He gave them the choice of doughnuts, cake or cupcakes...doughnuts won! So I told him to get only 6! One per child and none for Paula! I have very little (none, really) resistance to doughnuts...We will see.

I am not sure if I have early kids this morning so I better get moving and wish you all a good day and hope you are having some fun with all the work and scheduling you do!

Comment

• jostoy
        jostoy commented
        Editing a comment
        Paula, that screw should not be attached to the drain lever. The screw only holds the drain plate in place.

• Paula A
        Paula A commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, thank you!!!

Good morning. ☕️
      Today will be only 103°.....it should be down to 100° in two days, before it starts crawling up again.
      I will enjoy it while I can. I’m soooo ready for an early autumn....pssssst, Mother Nature....

Yesterday I went for that cardio checkup. The doc could hear nothing wrong, but he wants to cover all bases. So I have to get an appointment for an electrocardiograph, then wear a monitor for 3 days, then get the results of that in a month. They sure are expert at squeezing out the last dollar, aren’t they.

I have got Monday double booked, so need to fix that that first thing today.

Oldest DD mentioned once again that I haven’t lifted the rule that she has to call before she visits. I don’t intend to. (The other kids call to see if my agenda is open and let me know they’re coming, so when they get here they knock once and come in.). ODD doesn’t know when she has overstayed. She wants to empty some of the boxes (she’s the greedy one who is most likely to make things “disappear” before I know she has her hands on them.). She suggested shopping, too......egads, in this heat?.....and she’s going to drive with her “bad leg”? Not with me in her car! We have been over that before, but she won’t listen...or give up. But there’s no reason she can’t ask if my day is free. I have always had a string of medical appointments, but now there are more activities at hand at this place, and I’ve chosen a couple of them. I noticed she started calling me Mommy again, a clear indication that she wants something more than my attention. I don’t like this....having to figure her out and keep a step ahead. Her personality can switch from Innocent Little Girl, all the way to “Gestapo Interrogator”, or being someone anywhere in between. I’d try to not be alone with her. I’d love a psychiatrist’s viewpoint, but her kids will be right there to “protect” her. I hate to see this in my own kid. So...I just know better than to trust her.

Well, I need to go take care of a couple things. I’m finally getting my statement for living here, today. I asked for it twice, and I expect to see it monthly. My neighbor says nobody bothers with that. But I’d like to keep track and be sure there’s no extra charges. My neighbor claims (after 3 years) to not remember her room number. After ordering yesterday’s dinner, she pulled that again. So I said it’s next door to me, so take 2 off my number. The waiters are lucky to recall patient names, much less numbers, and we had a new waiter.

Hope you all all have a fantastic day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey.....we had a light rain shower here. I missed it, or else I’d have walked out into it.
        More of the same can be expected tonight, says the weather reporter. What good is light rain if it doesn’t feed plants or leave puddles, though.
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
        X