Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday...August 8th

Good morning everyone.

Have a contractor coming around 8:30 this morning to give me an estimate on repairing the front porch. I may have vinyl put up to replace the rotted posts. Then add the little picket type of fencing.

Money talks so it depends on the amount to put up vinyl. Right now I have wooden porch posts (4) and the spindles between 2x4 for the fencing at the edge of the porch. My porch isn't but maybe 4'.

Well the contractor just left. Talk about being quick and reliable, he is both. He actually woke me before 7 with an incoming text. Said he'd be here between 8 and nine. Then text saying he was a little early, and asking if that was o.k. I think he's got the job. I like punctual.

Hope all have a good day. Mine will be doing laundry and filling the hole around the pipes under the kitchen sink.
    Last edited by jostoy; 08-08-2019, 07:32 AM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Morning...so I went to my orientation for work yesterday. I got my uniforms from the uniform fitting...guess what my pants don’t fit. It must have been a different style or something that I tried on at the fitting. The ones I got yesterday don’t come close to fastening. I emailed the lady that was at fitting. I also sent chef a text. I am going to show up in my old pants.

I am excited for Monday ready to get my year started. I have to go in to help feed the football players.

Today I want to clean house and go to the grocery store.

Comment

Good morning.
      The sunrise has begun. It will be 106° today. I have to go to the cardiologist today.
      KA, where are you? You’re in my thoughts.
      jostoy, I’d love a front porch. But it would have to be a balcony. But nobody has one here. On the other hand, it’s not such a good idea here...too hot most of the year. I recall the days the heat didn’t bother me.

Now, to my breakfast and picking out an outfit for today.
      Have an amazing day! ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Morning! Up early to be ready for the exterminator. No bugs in this house although we do have an over abundance of wasp this year. He will spray in and around the front porch so I can walk out without worry of being buzzed. My only stings have come from the front porch. Have heard other neighbors complain about the wasp this season. Funny we did not have any ants nor have I seen many out and about. Anyway, I gotta be showered and looking presentable for the bug guy. My motto is the only good bug is a dead bug and I have no qualms about sweeping up a dead bug! It's those live ones that gross me out!!

Beth maybe someone else is trying on their pants and think what happened? Bet you got the wrong order. Jostoy, what did the doctor say? I love a spindled front porch. Jo, good morning. Take care of yourself and stay cool. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Comment

I have early kids this morning and will be brief.
          Beth, when my aunt worked at Sierra college she met all the SF 49'ers because that was where they did their training!!! She knew them well enough to have personal autographs and was a lifelong fan.

Wow! Thursday already and I have nothing but my nailappointment afte rdaycare and the one older school boy will not be here today to "run" the younger ones...good and bad inthat. He really likes to push the stroller around on the new toddler and I will miss that. but the other two school kids will not miss doing things Tyler's way today.
          School starts next MOnday for one and then Wednesday for the other two.

I am n ot sue of anything today other than keeping kids entertained and the house cool. the weather is bett and not as hot so all should be well.
          Making cookies with the school girl who will be here in a few minutes. Medical stuff for their grandma and she and her brother have to come about 30 minutes early...so

Have a great day and I will read later what all is going on.
          Jostoy, I live by punctual and that is a huge plus in my book!
          Yay, Jo and all your prep!

Comment

Ok exterminator is gone. Country living is not good for 6 legged varmints. we have tried to get him out here all summer but it rained or wasn;t Jon's day off etc., so some of those flying insects had taken over. He sprayed the porch and he said wasp flew out. Ha! Not any more!! Yesterday the poor grass boy ran over a nest of ground somethings and was stung several times. That nest is gone too. I feel safe again..oh, he also sprayed the downstairs so nothing will come strolling up from down there. We normally do this twice a year but this was our spring and fall together.

Did you get your estimate Jostoy? I know Scott had a vinyl privacy fence bid and it was way high. Don't know what he decided. Jon will be leaving in a few to pick up Andrew so they can swim. It is hot and humid and not a bit of breeze. My sister called to ask about a Labor Day picnic...the weekend workers are off that weekend! Not that Monday but Saturday and Sunday...close enough. Cannot believe how fast the summer is passing. Some schools start tomorrow but Andrew has until the 20th. You would think the state would set those starting dates and not each school district spreading them out over the month of August . No Sierra tonight but did have a texting conversation with mommy dearest yesterday. If I could have crawled into the phone I would have come out the other side and slapped her...what an idiot! I was telling Jon and he said 'don't you want to slap her?' See it is unanimous. Good that she lives several states away.

Laundry is finished and tomorrow I will have ironing. Towels are even folded. Funny what you can get done when you start early. Maybe I should try that more often?....probably not! Now I will just go out and watch the guys swim until I get to hot, in about 5 minutes.

Hope your day is being a good one.

Comment

Working...
            X