Wed Aug 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wed Aug 7th

Good Morning! Got some rain late yesterday afternoon and I guess we are go get more of the same the next two days.

Yesterday was good. Busy. Did get to sit down and read for a bit. Karate in the evening, so didn't have to cook dinner.

Today is more of the same minus the karate.

Have a good one all! Be back later. Just want to get this started.

Morning! We also had an afternoon shower yesterday. Enough to mean we did not have to water last night but the heat was right back up after. I did go stand on the steps and enjoy it.

Today is the school chum lunch but I do not remember where it is so will just pass. Any excuse right? I need to shop anyway for the kids coming to eat tomorrow. Andrew ask for pork steaks so think I will just do mashed potatoes and salad. Corn on the cob is wasted on this family because only Andrew and I eat it off the cob...the others cut it off. Can you believe? Maybe I'll pick up an ice cream cookie...Drew loves those and I have been know to eat a slice or two. I can pick that up today and stick it in the freezer for tomorrow.

Still in the summer lull around here. Went out yesterday to go to Arby's and chicken salad is over for the summer. Shocking! I just got out of line and drove next door to McD's. I can get iced coffee there anyway.

Guess I'll go read the news. Have a wonderful day...Cookie I swear I do not know how you do everything plus karate. When do you catch up on sleep? Thought Kathy was going to be more active?

Comment

Good morning. ☕️
      Most of the clouds have blown away. It will still in the low 100°’s, though. And will be for the rest of the summer. Any chance of Early Autumn this year?

Today I need to get financial records in order. I’m going to try to keep E’s investments going. The guy handling it will be calling me today. It’s a foreign subject to me. If I can’t learn it in a decent time span, then I’ll withdraw it and put it in savings. I guess he never foresaw this circumstance, and so never taught me how the system works.

Not much else in the way of news. Oh, DD picked up one of my prescriptions. Before they had my insurance info, they were going to charge $28. I decided to wait a bit. So the last one cost $11. This time it was just under $5. Curious. But I like the new price. Middle DD picks them up for me.

Guess ill I’ll go grab my breakfast.
      Have a great day, everyone. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Good morning..orientation for work today. Then my sister and nieces are getting me and we are headed to the mall. The girls start school tomorrow my sis is getting them some new clothes.

I got a hair cut yesterday and she got it a tad bit short.

Enough that I will have to wear a bit of make up and earrings for work everyday.

off to get ready for the day.

Comment

Good morning. the trash has not been picked up yet so I am here instead of bringing in those cans.
          the stars were fully visible this morning and that makes for a much nicer day. It was not going to be rain and breathing fresh air is so much better than what has been on my windshield!

Not much going on here that is noteworthy...
          Maxie, we have that sandwich year round...but I know that on Pinterest there are recipes of how to make it. The bread Arby's uses is the best, but when we do a chicken pecan salad sandwich we use croissants. I love the Reuben sandwich there, too.

Beth, if I use eyeliner every day I count that as a win! Especially for all who have to look at me.

Donna, you go longer and harder than anyone I know on either coast!!!
          I have been dieting and am down but I sure don't feel like I look it...things are settling in worse ways than in years past.
          That said, I want to be ready for ordering donna's goodies by the time the weather makes for a better shipping time and temp. Those mail trucks and UPS trucks get so hot!

Dogs are calling me in.
          Jo, good luck on getting a handle on the finances. And great pricing on the meds!
          Maxie, I love corn on the cob and should buy it even though I am the only one who eats it.
          Jostoy, I love the picture I have inmy mind of your place and the yard...now if only we could all get together!

I hope we all have a great day and see each other back here as the day moves on!

Comment

Good late morning everyone.

I got up and started right in working on the baseboards behind the refrigerator. I actually had to make the baseboards out of 1/4 in by 2 inch stripping of wood. Regular baseboard wood was too big for the refrigerator space. So the previous owner left the big space between the flooring and wallboard. Since the wallboard didn't come all the way to the floor, I stuck steel wool between the wallboard and floor. That keeps the mice from coming into the house. So while the paint was drying on the baseboard, I cut a new piece to cover the big hole they left for the waterline. All I could find on hand was a square piece of pliable plastic to use for the coverage. But it worked just fine after I got the measurements right.

This afternoon is my Nuerology Doc. appt. I have several questions written down to ask him. I am using him as my second opinion for the Deep Brain Stimulous that Indiana University Medical Center wants to perform. I also want his opinion on the DBS vs the Sona Gram procedure performed at the Ohio State University. Hopefully if he can't answer all my questions, he will refer me to the Nuero Surgeon here, who also does the DBS.

Anyway, you now have my story, and I'm sticking to it. Hope all have and will enjoy their day.
            Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Well, I had my course in “Finance 101 for Dummies”. But I did surprise him. I had all kinds of notes ready on banks, statements, accounts, etc. but I had already figured it would be a time-saving bonus to have that readied and somewhat studied. I didn’t look at percentage of interest....duh on me! But he gave me a rundown on it. (Verified by my regular bank when asked directly.) So first step was transferring some to where I’d get significant interest increased. I’m keeping notes so I can tell if he’s ever steering me wrong. I don’t know what E would have thought of my move, but he hadn’t kept me up on that kind of info. What he did tell me once was way too deep for my understanding, and I shied away. But I did get a better interest and understanding from the simplified version.

But now, that’s over. For now. I’ll have more “lessons” in the future, probably on a regular basis.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
              X