Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tue August 6th

Good SUNNY Morning!

Yesterday was another busy but not overwhelming day. Didn't have to take Blaise to the dentist because he was still sick, so that kind of made the day easier plus then he didn't have to go to karate either. Am I terrible?

My fruit freezer was all but empty this weekend, but yesterday we opened and filled bags with all the fruit we got last week one day. It's nice to now go down and just pick out a 2 gallon bag of what I want. The only fruit I didn't get enough of was rhubarb. People around here love their rhubarb....plain rhubarb pie, strawberry rhubarb, and bumble berry.

After the ladies left, Blaise & I delivered a pie to Mel's and he was finally hungry for her chicken tenders & fries. He didn't eat much, but it made him happy. He still had a low grade fever yesterday all day. We then headed into town to go to Sharp Shopper. I only needed apples for pies.....how did I end up with a cart full? LOL! It was Blaise...yup, I'll blame Blaise. Came home and started baking off the pies. I actually sat down in the evening btw timers and watched a couple episodes of a recorded show.

Blaise is feeling better...FINALLY...so tonight he'll be going to karate. He'd like to go to Arby's for lunch, but he has to get the room REALLY clean...that's the deal.

This morning is sort of a repeat of yesterday. More dough & pie making, except some of the pies will be of the frozen assortment...PB & Samoa. We'll see. I'll at least have the crusts made & ready to be filled tonight or tomorrow. Today's pie assembling will be for Thur's, and maybe even get started on Friday's, though that's doubtful. I'll run out of refrigerator space.

The buzzer is calling me....have a good day all. BE CAREFUL JO!!!!! I've got your a/c bubble ordered.

Good morning...work meeting went well yesterday. I will be lunch server on the comfort line. I am excited I should pretty much be at my station by myself. There is very little prep work. Chef is worried about me getting bored. The other option I had was rice and fire the Chinese station. I wasn’t interested in that. I didn’t want to share a station with a lady I don’t always get along with she Tandy’s to be a bit of a bully. I will also get to learn some other stations. I go back to work on Monday

Today a quiet day and a hair cut.

Comment

Good morning, Cookielady, and everyone else.

Today will be lawn mowing ,and then cut some dead limbs out of a couple trees. Garbage pick up is tomorrow, so I want to get the limbs in this weeks garbage.

Got the gutter cleaned yesterday morning, and the down spout was all cogged up, so had to use my small water hose to go down the down spout to get the blockage out. I was up and down that 8' ladder at least 5 times. But feel better than I thought I would this morning. Legs must be getting use to being pushed to the limit.

Hope all have a great day.

Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning! When I first went out to swim I thought we had clouds, but it is a hazy sky from fires to the north. It makes my eyes feel like I have something in them...

Jostoy, my brother cut a lot of dead limbs off the tree that hung over my fence from the neighbor's and it sure opened up the space and my view. I can now see the next door neighbor's beautiful crape myrtle.
        My other view that is drawing my attention is the big eucalyptus tree with my grape vine growing up and through it! It has the most beautiful, huge bunches of grapes! I was doing something and saw a big bunch just fall down! It was partly eaten on the top of the cluster and I think a bird or the squirrel we see every day had been eating on it. I have some along the fence I can reach but the ones that are really getting my attention are the ones I have no hope of reaching...of course.

This is the last week with the two school kids. today I have one extra one and I haven't had him all summer. He is the one that the mom would ask for him to come and then he would be so hit and miss that it was a waste for me. I told her this summer I had only two days a week that I could accommodate his schedule and he has ot needed care. She really doesn't want to pay for care and I understand that, too. This way we are all ok and I don't make any enemies!

Swimming and cleaning out the fridge this morning. I think I still have time to mop the bathroom floor...noty sure what the difference is today but my time is doing great.

Jo, ease into your day and take care. Thank heaven for that air conditioning!
        Jostoy, today I am cutting a few limbs and clearing out some leves and stuff to go out in the yard waste tomorrow.
        Donna, do you have any home info for Karlinann?
        The pies and cookies sound so good. Right now I could not resist. good thing you ar too far for me to drive by!
        Bethina, what is the comfort station? Does that mean comfort food?
        Maxie, the pecan chcken sandwich at Arby's is calling my name...how about a meet up?
        Maye, I sure hope you and David are doing well. Enjoy the reading and the sunshine!

all of you are a big part of my day! Thanks for being here!
        Karlinann, we need you. Hope all is well!

Comment

• bethina
          bethina commented
          Editing a comment
          Comfort foods station is more like a home cooked meal. Like a meat and potato station. I will miss wraps!!!!

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh Paula...chicken salad is gone for the season at our Arby's. I'm so sad!

Good morning.
        I am typing in green today for healing. Most of the aches are gone, but my shoulder isn’t joining them yet. A couple more days and it’ll be better, I am sure. My arm raises part way, but it’s going to punish me a little while longer for landing on it.

As it turned out, the weatherman said it had gotten to 115° yesterday, but DD was filling the rental car’s gas tank and the thermometer was clearly reading 118°. I’m glad to say that the next 7 days are supposed to stay down at 103-104°. But summer isn’t over yet.

I finally got an invitation to that baby shower. Now I’m ticked that I’m the only one in our family who is invited. We don’t even know what the current “family war” or whatever it is, is about. You can be sure all the in-laws will be there. They are large people, some of whom don’t speak English yet. So maybe I’ll just send a gift check and not go. Nothing really against the in-laws. It’s my oldest DD using her influence who has all the issues. I think it’s ridiculous. But I think I need to stand with the rest of the family. Maybe I’ll have a chance to have a talk with GD. But it’s always the eldest DD who initiates problems.
        *sigh* being the mommy isn’t supposed to be so complicated. Some kids approaching their 60’s just won’t grow up. And This one can really get mean as well.

That's what’s going on here. I’m going to tackle some more boxes here. I did order a few skeins of yarn, as the theme for the baby shower is The Little Mermaid. I’d like to make a fish-tail bunting in a variegated pink color, and a blanket done in sea colors in a shell stitch. (I’m not so upset with the GD, but she and her siblings are their mama’s puppets.).

Have an an amazing day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

For those who have forgotten, KA did this before when she needed a break. She stayed away, for what a year maybe. When she's ready to return, she'll be back. Nearly all of us has needed a break now and then.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Well crap...lost my post! It was so full of interesting things and information too. LOL!

I am late this morning because I have talked with each of my siblings this morning. I got a call yesterday that a cousin's son was killed yesterday. He was such a heartache to his family and caused so many problems but my cousin loved him and we will support him. Talked with each of my sibs already this morning again. How did we ever communicate before cell phones? My Texas brother is on vacay in Maryland and my youngest brother is on his way to New York. Scott is in Las Vegas on business and texts throughout the day. He said the temp reached 113 yesterday and their rental car overheated and had to be towed and replaced. I am so happy to be able to reach out immediately to contact family or leave a message.

Paula, my sister and I were just talking about Arby's lunch this morning. I thought her moving an hour closer would be great and it is but that is still an hour away. If she were next door we could just take off and lunch and shop every day. But she is loving that farm she and her husband are creating and her garden. They are trapping the possums that are eating her cantaloupes. OMG!

Jostoy, geeze, climbing a ladder to clean gutters. You people all have much more energy than I do. I am so over that stuff...now I just give orders. If they moved when I spoke it would be perfect. Beth glad you got the station you wanted..sounds like you are ready to go back to work. Sorry Blaise came home from camp sick. My boys came home with poison ivy and smelly laundry!

Gotta get moving and start the day. I think I have an urge to get out this morning. Tomorrow is school chum lunch day and I will go if I do not have to search for it. I drive a distance to meet up with those people and will not spend time looking for where a place is. There you go...that is the antisocial in me. Cardinals are on the west coast so games are starting after my bed time. Jo take care of yourself and heal quickly. Karlinann is becoming a worry...

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

• Paula A
              Paula A commented
              Editing a comment
              Read what Jostoy just commented to me.
              Ugh to that Las Vegas Heat! Way worse than our heat even when they are the same temp. We usually have some percentage of humidity but LV feels like moisture sucking heat!
              I have been there enough to know I don’t want to go again!

Paula, I’m with you on not going to Vegas. If you take a look around there, it’s almost total concrete everywhere. The concrete heats up fast, and adds to the already scathing temps. Last time we went, it was hard to breathe in that heat.

i talked to my realtor today....just a minute ago. Seems the appraiser had submitted incomplete paperwork and still tried to cut down the value price. So they’re getting that redone, and we are refusing to cut the price. My realtor still believes we will still close on or before the cutoff date. That’s about 2 weeks.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
            X