Monday...August 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday...August 5

Good sunny morning! Temps are warming up and we need rain so must still be summer!!

Yesterday Jon and Andrew went to St. Louis to the hobby store. Andrew is into racing those remote cars and you repair them. He had called Saturday night to see if his dad would take him..lucky it was dad's weekend off and his dad is a sucker for a hobby store. I was ask to ride along but passed. If you have ever spent time with boys in a hobby store you will know how boring it is! Not even lunch out could make me go!!

Today is laundry and cleaning floors. For the most part the house is clean. Andrew ask for pork steaks so Jon is off Thursday and will cook. Looks like Thursday is becoming our feed the kids day. I do miss them being in and out. I have a bag I keep and when I grocery shop will stick an item or two a trip into a this bag for Sierra. She took it last week and I have started another...her dad is now putting things into it. He put a candy bar and a bottle of ranch dressing...ranch is the new ketchup ya know and she uses it on everything...last week he put hamburger helpers in her bag and this week I guess I will buy hamburger for her to take home if she comes by Thursday. He surprised me! Probably time for paper products. We are using Kleenex like crazy so I guess there are allergens of some type starting to fly. Normally if I sniff and sneeze she is an echo.

I am happy to say things are still boring and dull around here. Not complaining!! Getting worried about Karlinann being gone for this long of a time.

Off to shower and start the day. Have a great one!!

Good morning, Maxie, and everyone else.

I guess this morning is ladder climbing time. Since I got the yews pulled, I can now get to the last gutter on the front. It is the closest to the Basswood tree, so know it will be full of little leaves.

This afternoon I have to go with my SIL to the antique shop. So that means I've got to get my rear in gear.

Hope all have a good day.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

Good morning....starting back to work very soon. I have a meeting today. I am hoping to nail down my exact return date and what area I will work in. I am hoping to go back to work the 21. I have a trip to my parents planned. It’s that time of year one of my favorites! 2 weeks to balloon fest! I will be on hot air balloon chase team again. This year our team decided to stay at hotel with the pilots and everyone. I am so excited! I am wanting to see my granny when I am back in I’ll. It looks like it won’t be happening this time. I will plan to go back for her birthday. I am thinking I will fix her a nice meal with a yummy cake we can take it to her nursing home.

Comment

• maxie
        maxie commented
        Editing a comment
        Our balloon glow is this month too! I am not volunteering but will be setting up my chair and watching!!

Good morning.
      Today I’ll spend the morning with youngest daughter; she catches a flight home this afternoon. She had come for her sister’s ex-hubby’s memorial this weekend. She mentioned how many times the guy called me Mom when he was packing my stuff in the truck to move me here. I have to admit, with all the commotion at the time plus my hearing loss, I didn’t catch it all that much.
      Anyway, we are going to miss our gal when she leaves.

113° expected today. Any hottervand we will become crispy critters.
      Oh, youngest DD said that during the rain we had, shed gone out to grab a vegan meal. On the way back to hotel there was a lightning flash, which had a bold of some bright green color down the center. She said it felt very other-worldly. Wish I could have witnessed it, too.

Well, she should be here any minute, so I’d better prepare.

Wishing you all a wonderful day. ☀️
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

I am in daycare and on my phone.
        i am worried about Karlinann, too.
        my Weekend was busy and this week looks to be the same.
        I went swimming this morning and got out in time to do my kitchen and living room floors while Becky showered. She does yoga and Pilates while I am in the pool ( or bed).

i Cooke’s broccoli early so the smell is almost gone. I cooked a few slices of bacon to help cover the broccoli .

my nephew got engaged yesterday. He posted pictures on Instagram and Facebook so I am excited to see when and where it will happen. They live in OR but she is from Chicago and he is from MN so who knows? OR would be awesome for me... he works as an accountant for the city of Corvallis and she is finishing her Masters.

kids need breakfast so I will leave for now.

Comment

Dumb me! I just had a fall when we left the supermarket’s bank. My purse slipped off my walker and I didn’t notice, and the strap tangled in my feet. 3 cars stopped and 4 people helped me up....I was lucky there were such nice people there. My shoulder will be a problem for a few days, and both knees and my elbow got deeply scraped —- enough to spill a bit of blood. The veins in my one hand are big and purple. But other than that I’m okay. I felt so stupid! And I’m thankful to see that so many of these people are genuinely caring and concerned.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• maxie
            maxie commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh Jo, so sorry. Make sure you didn't break anything. Maybe you should get a purse you can wear over your head? Take care and use ice. There are nice people everywhere and happy you found some.

oh, Jo! So thankful people were helpful and you are not any more hurt.
          Maybe look at some cross body bags. I wish I had one to send you!

Comment

Hey All! Finally getting a moment to slip in here while the two guys are napping.

(((Jo))) Going to put you in an air conditioned bubble.

Yesterday was good. I told Lew I was baking NOTHING for the stand on Monday, but I came home from playing cards, and I got motivated to bake 6 small pies. I was going down to the stand anyways this morning to pick up peaches & apples. Cards was fun. I did get things organized in the dining room & kitchen. My bedroom too. I've been procrastinating about icing the last kind of cookies for the wedding order, and FINALLY got those done & in the freezer. It was like a large weight lifted.

This morning I woke full of vim & vigor. Cooked 4 fillings, packaged up the pies, and had the ingredients ready for pie dough. Both Sue & Theresa came, and we busted butt. Felt good. They are both coming back tomorrow. I really want to be more organized and ready for this coming weekend. It was just too stressful.

Yes, Maxie, a real commercial kitchen & business would be nice, but that all takes $$. But I don't want to be married to a business. I love to bake and don't want to have to deal with all the paperwork. I guess I' hire someone to do that part for me. I have a little bakery all envisioned. Small eating area with round tables. A peg board on one wall with peoples' coffee mugs hanging there for when they come. Coffee would be free. None of the fancy kinds, just straight coffee to go with your pie. I'd also like to have a soup of the day so they could have lunch or take home for dinner. No sandwiches. I'd like an electronic sign outside showing what kind(s) of pie was coming out of the oven or cookies. It wouldn't be gaudy but eye catching. Nothing like fresh pie or cookies. My employees would probably be all older ladies who love pie & cookies. No skinny gals. Now if a younger person showed a real interest and was a hustler, they'd be considered. LOL! A girl can dream ya know.

I guess the other week after I left my Mom's birthday celebration my youngest niece was talking about her dream to breed and raise dogs. Well I guess her brother just smashed her ideas & dreams to pieces and my brother didn't help the situation. Really upset my Mom. I said what's wrong with dreams? It's not like she was wanting to do anything wrong or illegal. My nephew has a big mouth, and he needs knocked down a few pegs. I guess I've always been the positive one in the crowd, and my brother & SIL negative. No confidence in their kids. I say that's why the first two moved away right out of college. They needed to spread their wings on their own. My girls didn't move far from me, though one I wish would have for a while, but she likes her safety net I think. ME!

Back to the kitchen. Assembling pies for tomorrow's baking.

Comment

Luckily, I didn’t break anything, Maxie. But I’m going to be very sore for a few days.
              DD noted I don’t fill my purse very full these days. She fit it into the seat of my walker. I swear, it looks larger, but it does fit. I’m glad she managed that.
              Cookie, thanks for putting the air conditioner into that bubble.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
              X