Sunday 8/4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday 8/4

Good morning...yesterday was pretty good. I went to qudobo with my family. I wasn’t that impressed.

I came home and made a cake for this morning. Yellow cake mix with chocolate frosting.

Praying for families in Ohio and Texas.

Good SUNNY Morning! Yes, it's Sunday and I'm not in church. We brought home the camp "bug", and Blaise is down for the count throwing up and feeling miserable. Cork said he'd stay home with him, but I honestly just wanted a morning to sleep in a tiny bit.

The last several days have been absolutely nuts. Thurs I took my Mom shopping for her BD as I promised last month. We had a wonderful time & I had fun watching her spend money. LOL! Some was BD money and some was house $$. She wanted a new recliner, and so she sat, test "drove" them, and picked one. She's fretting a bit about the color, but I told her it doesn't matter. If she likes it & it's what she wants, go for it. I then came home & busted my butt baking.

Friday I gave Sue a real scare. Apparently I bottomed out during the early morning, and was not awake when she arrived at 830. I had planned to be up by 630, but never even heard the alarms. They weren't even part of my dreams. She finally called the house phn, and that woke me up. I had a foggy head for hours, but we still worked. We then headed into town to run a few errands and had lunch. Came home and busted butt again. My head was finally clear and I had my energy back. Cork was NOT happy with me bottoming out...like I could help it.

Yesterday I ended up having to go with Kathy to pick up Blaise from church camp. Her & Kody (BD) were suppose to do it, but he got called into work. Blaise was so happy to see us. He made friends with his bunk mate & I guess they were thick as thieves. Here we ended up sitting right beside that lil boys grandparents, who are also raising him. The boys had that in common. On the drive home Blaise started feeling sick. When he refuses Mel's chicken tenders, you KNOW that something is wrong. We were warned that this bug was going around. I thought he'd be feeling better by this morning, but he had me up 3x btw 230am & 530am. Kathy text me at 230am and I guess she caught it too. Weak constitutions. I don't have time to be sick. I'm tired though.

I made over 150 pies in 3 days time, and they all sold. Josh ordered even more for next Saturday's Farmers Market. It's nice, but I need more help doing it. Thank God Sue rolled as many crusts as she did. It looked like an obscene amount, but I only have maybe 8 left. Wild!!!! Making these smaller sizes is making the customers happy. Not me though. The pot pie size & small 8" tins are usually the first to go they tell me. I had a lady call me yesterday asking if I still baked pies for Cyphers. I laughed and said yes. I had made 58 pies the day before.

I'm taking tomorrow off. I told Lew I didn't have any fillings left, and I needed a day to catch my breath. This means I'm not baking today. Tomorrow I'll be back to the grind with my helpers. I'm hoping to dig out this house. I never even got to cleaning Blaise's room, which I normally do when the kids were at camp. The only break I got was ordering out Chinese 3x over the week, and going out for lunch. That was my fun. Tonight the family ladies are getting together and playing cards. Nice!!!

Well, time to find some breakfast and then get ready to go deliver pies when Cork comes home to relieve me. Then onto the fun of cleaning house & doing laundry. I am SO BLESSED to have a husband that helps me and doesn't complain one bit. He's a keeper.

I miss KA. I wish some of our former regulars would come back too....like Sharon. Yes, prayers for those in OH & TX. So much evil in the world. Jostoy...please take it easy. You exhaust me. Going over to see Aunt J at some point today to get grease balls.

Have a good one all!

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Cookie I also have hunters in the family. Gun control laws will not take the hunters guns but they will help stop the crazies from getting automatic weapons to use. To shoot 9 people in one minute is scary...what if he had 5 minutes? I am just saying these automatic military type weapons are being protected by politicians for money.

Have you thought about expanding your business and getting a place with a big kitchen and more helpers? Your business if really growing and a lot of work! I do not know how you have the time to take a breath.

Good morning.
    Yesterday was DD’s ex’ memorial. My DD from WA flew in to be support for her sister. It was a beautiful tribute to the guy. (He died in a work related accident. A crane hook fell on him.). The place was packed with people who cared about him. He’s also the guy who recently moved my household stuff for me.
    There was downside....the minister and his entire speech. It was old jokes and poetry with an occasional Bible verse and chapter named (but not read) as he went into more lame jokes and meaningless poetry. Who picked this guy anyway.? Really, he talked far too long.
    My handicapped daughter showed up too. She usually gets around quite normally, walking like everyone else. But her son was everyplace with her. He was not physically supporting her, except to stand and sit. Her sitting without bending her leg was a big production til she plopped her butt down, but oddly enough she painlessly bent that leg while sitting. Then the production of standing up and visiting another table. I can bet she’s not having leg problems today.
    I had dreaded giving condolences to the mother of the ex. She used to be rather insulting to me, at every chance. But apparently she has been through a lot of bad health, and is in a wheelchair now. She was actually nice, gave me a hug, and said “He always called you Mom, too.”

Last night around 9pm I guess, there was what looked like heat lightning. Then some thunder. It was close by. I didn’t hear rain fall, though. However, looking outside this morning there were lots of puddles along the curb and parking areas. The monsoon finally touched us. That’s supposed to keep the temp today down to 110°, but tomorrow it’ll hit 113°. In any case it’s still hot out there.

DD from WA will spend today with me. She goes home tomorrow. I will enjoy her company. Much to share.
    I wish she wasn’t living so far away. But she loves the coolness up there and not all the heat we get.
    I don’t blame here. AZ seems hotter than ever, but WA is way too cool for me.

Oh, yesterday after I got to my apartment I got a baby shower invitation. I saw the GD at the memorial, and she isn’t showing yet, but she is wearing looser clothing. We didn’t get much chance to talk at the memorial. But apparently she will be having a little girl. The theme is The Little Mermaid. She didn’t mention it when we talked.

So so I have probably written a book by now.
    I will just wish everyone a great day ☀️
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

• maxie
      maxie commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Jo...it took me a while to write and post and you got in front of me. Little Mermaid, how cute! Will they name the baby Ariel? I'd love that...lol!

Take care of yourself and enjoy your daughter. Stay cool.

Morning...Cookie how do you go like that? Just on and on...you had better watch your health! I feel like I do the least of anyone around here and am certainly the best rested!!

Yesterday I went to Big Lots. Bought two pillows and a mattress pad so I will be ready if I ever get the new mattress ordered. Everything out here is a delivery fee but Jon wants a new mattress also so if we order together we only pay one fee. He just isn't getting his act together in my timely fashion. No plans for today. Afternoon ball game today...lost last night on the west coast. Late night game put me to sleep and when I woke this morning it was to another mass shooting. Hope killing 29 people in two shootings in less than 24 hours didn't upset the politicians and gun lovers to much...would hate to see something done about guns. Do you think the politicians even lose a minutes sleep or does counting all that NRA money make up for lost lives?

We have been picking our garden!! Have brought in 6 tomatoes and 5 peppers. Our garden was really late coming in but now it is a couple of tomatoes everyday. Think it will be BLT's again today. Or grilled cheese with a big slice of tomato on top. Only one tomato plant produced anything.....the other just sits there and sucks up water. Yes our garden consists of 2 tomato plants and 4 pepper plants. Not exactly the north 40 but plenty of produce for us...it just seems like a good idea in the Spring, ya know?

Another slow day around here. I could do something but need some type of a push. Spent some time on Zulily yesterday looking at bedspreads and thought they were kinda expensive. The one I bought for my bed was so cheap and I love it!! I want a simple white spread to fold my Blues quilt at the foot of the bed. Jon had a retired friend make it for me at Christmas and I want to see it. I'll keep going back until I find the one I need...just gotta keep looking until I find that bargain. Need a new curtain on that window too. What is amazing is how quickly an empty room fills with junk!

Time to start my day...Have a good day!

Comment

• cookielady
      cookielady commented
      Editing a comment
      Maxie....I want to grow up & be like you. I would love to just sit down and do nothing for a few days, but the only way that happens is if I'm sick or injured and I want neither one of those. At times I pray the Lord would give me the time to read the Bible, but I'm afraid of what I'm asking for. He can land you on your butt, and you'll have nothing but time. Don't want that. As they say, watch what you pray for.

I know guns are a hot topic. I've grown up around guns & gun owners. Not a single one of them have shot a person. They have them for hunting & protection. I believe if someone has that much evil, hate, and vengeance in their heart & mind, they'll find a way. Whether it's guns, knives, bombs, or biological...they'll find a way to harm. Evil will find a way to get guns. Heck, a kid could injure another kid with a pencil. Look what prisoners do with spoons & forks.

I think we should feed people lots of pie, cookies, love, and hugs. A lot of the school shoots are done by kids who have been bullied and nothing done about it. I'm not saying they are right to do it, but if you are a little left of center, you'll do stupid things.

I am here and hopefully have enough time to post. Humidity is not my friend and I need to move and not sweat! and our humidity is nothing like any of yours back East, but it is what it is and I am dealing with it.

Maxie, before I forget: followthemoney.org This is a site that shows elected officials and who is giving them money...NRA is a HUGE contributor and even though the majority of people say we want some stricter form of gun and ammo laws, and you would think the politician's would want to please the ones who vote them in office, the bills they introduce and pass are the ones that benefit the lobbies that pay them so well...this is not a rant and I hope it is not offensive.
    I was at a dinner and listened to NRA officials speak and was kind of amazed! Somehow we all need to be better organized if we want to have our issues listened to and followed.

That said, I am at a loss as to any ideas of how to fix the deplorable things going on...how do we get a change of heart to take place?

150 pies!!! Maybe that is part of the answer: take a piece of pie and share the rest. But Donna, I can't even imagine seeing, muchless Making that many pies. And I have stood at the counter at Marie Callendar's and seen the pies stacked up in that coler. I doubt I have seen 150. If I could I would buy one of every flavor in the smallest size and just eat at will.
    I did buy the lard and nectarines yesterday and had peaches here. We will see how that turn out. I am goingto make smaller pies or hand pies just to practice the dough.

I gotta run. Sorry about talking about the lobbyists and all, but if it is a problem in any way, we need to know what we are up against.
    God bless us all and keep us safe. Karlinann, I hope you are ok...

Hot here, but Jo is winning that comp today. Stay in and stay hydrated, all.

Comment

Who said take a piece of pie and share the rest? Who does that? Sounds crazy to me!... just sayin...

Comment

Working...
      X