August 2....Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 2....Friday

Morning! Another sunny morning and I totally agree with Maye that summer is wonderful and this last weeks weather has been fabulous! Why is summer the shortest season and winter the longest?

Yesterday we had warning to park the cars off the street so they could oil. Oiling roads is what they do right before school starts so all the kids can have oily feet while getting on and off the bus. Anyway. the oilers showed up and sat a while then left. Like most of us we had done our running the day before so we could stay in and be prepared for when they came but they never came back. On another street there is a water leak...well not according to the officials, but it has been there for a year. They look and cannot see the water and leave. We drive by and see the water and shake our heads...ya know? Jon came in from work and said the non existent water leak is running water down the road so they cannot oil. Humm...maybe could have fixed it a year ago. Oh well, we are all crammed into drives and yards so not to park on the street but for how long? Who knows around here. But it does like a ghost town with no cars on the street!

Visit with the kids was nice enough. They ate like pigs! When they all left Jon sat and said 'well that is done for a while'. You feel obligated to see your kids? No, he said it is just a lot of work. Well, no crap Sherlock! Takes longer to put food on a table around here that it takes for them to eat it! Then you have to clean it up. The kids do clear their own plates but there are leftovers to put into bowls..well you people know. But it wore dad out. Sierra said something about food and bf said was tired of stuff from the freezer. Her response was I don't know who to cook and doesn't like to anyway. Ha Ha...who says she didn't learn from her grandma? Jon cracked up that the bf we do not like is cooking for our little girl.

I understand what you mean about resting your knees Maye. I do go to bed early and read or watch tv. Just something about being in bed instead of sitting in a chair when you can straighten you legs. Have no idea what today will bring. Hope Sharon is doing well after her surgery. Need to wake Beth up to make sure she saw the score to last nights game...in case she fell asleep before the game was over. Karlinann we are missing you.

Have a great day everyone!!

Good morning, everyone.
    We have quite a weekend ahead, here. Some of it sad. There’s a funeral to attend tomorrow afternoon. My youngest DD is flying in tonight to be there, but has to leave Monday.
    I woke today with a fast beating heart. I’ll see a heart doctor next week. Also started to walk, and it feels like a blood vein trying to escape the middle of my footbed. Ouch.
    am I falling apart?

Another sizzling day ahead as the temps rise again. Tomorrow will hit 109° again.
    wishing you all a great day.

hope Sharon is okay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Hey Jo, good morning. I also started a thread so can you merge them please? Just rest and relax. A lot has happened to you in the last few months and it takes time for all thoughts and feelings and aches and pains to catch up.

Comment

Maxie I saw it and almost cried! I will say it would be neat to see them make it all the way this year! It would be to see both your teams win big this year.

Comment

• maxie
          maxie commented
          Editing a comment
          Wouldn't that be fun? Oh well, the Cards run hot and cold and plenty of season left for both teams. We may be in first but those darn Cubbies are in second!!

Oh, good morning! Last week I remember thinking the week was one day too long and this week I am thinking it went by quickly! Coming week is the last one with my two school kids! And my son's vacation is officially over (although he had been going over to the new school throughout his tme off) and we are all holding our breath to see how the move will be.

I got up a little earlier and did some laundry and a bit of computer work...different routine and nice to change things around.

I usually am in bed by 9:00...how's that for a little old lady? I had a meeting last night that was for 7:00 but got put back to 8:00 and so last night I was later than usual and then could not get really into a good sleep. Still able to get up but I know the afternoon will be a yawning one.

I had a fresh beet salad last week at the church bbq. It was so good. I tried cooking beets Once and my impatience got the best of me. I use canned (!) beets in my salad but now want to try cooking some...

I sure hope KA is ok. anyone here have a number to call and check?
        So good to read your post Aunt Maye! And one of those gel mats really helps your legs and feet when you are standing in the kitchen. Two kitchens is just a great thought!
        Maxie and Beth: you guys are the best fans I know...I know some as good as you, but no one better!
        Jo, I hope your health calms down today and this weekend can bring some comfort as the family gathers.
        Donna, my mouth starts to water like Pavlov's dogs every time I think of your baking!
        Jostoy, please tell Sharon we are all thnking of her and praying for a full and quick recovery.
        And hope you are taking breaks between all that hard work you do!

Ok, it is Friday and I am moving onto the kitchen to start this day!

Comment

Good afternoon all.

Just got back from grocery shopping. And yes, Paula, I'm taking the day off from work. Well at least hard physical work. I may get bored from resting this afternoon, and get started on cleaning this house.

I did get the concrete pad swept and washed off yesterday. Then pushed the trailer from the front of the house to the concrete pad. Sure looks nice now when I look out my kitchen window. That should be the end of my "playing" in the dirt...well until this fall when I can transplant some flowers. The front porch area still has mulch to be taken up, but I have to transplant some hostas.

I did get a text this morning from Sharon saying that her procedure was pushed back to yesterday afternoon. She said the procedure went fine, but she was in a lot of pain at the incision area. They had planned on going to a reunion this weekend, but that isn't happening.

I'm sure she felt the prayers for her yesterday. Now the time for healing begins.

Hope all are enjoying their day.
          Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Comment

• Paula A
            Paula A commented
            Editing a comment
            You Pushed the trailer? !
            Please tell me you did it with another vehicle
            Please!
            You should have your own YouTube channel. People would be amazed and tuning in to see what all you do.
            Then they could go to Donna’s Baking channel! Donna, maybe hook up a Pie cam???

• jostoy
            jostoy commented
            Editing a comment
            No, Paula, it was by hand. It is easy to move. It is a 5x8 trailer.

I wish I had Jostoys ambition and strength.
          And I want 1 of everything Donna bakes, every time she bakes.
          E would tell me Wish in one hand, Spit in the other hand, and what have you got! (His moms favorite comeback.)
          Id be such a rolly poled person. But I’d have a big smile.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Create a beautiful day wherever you go.

Comment

Working...
          X